Legend Members???

Remove this Banner Ad

WEARETHEMAGPIES

Debutant
Mar 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any Legends members in here?? Just wondering, IF collingwood do make the grand final this year, where will your grand final seat be? will it be where u normally sit during the year? will it be top teer and last row?
I am hoping where you normally sit, however i cant see that been possible.. :thumbsu:

I'm a Legends Member, but this is my 1st season so i'm unsure what happens come GF. I would assume you just get 1st priority of tickets that go on sale.

Legends too, but have not had the experience of getting a GF ticket since 1977 so I reckon things have changed a tad.
I hope to find out what the process is very soon.:D

I'm a Legends Member, but this is my 1st season so i'm unsure what happens come GF. I would assume you just get 1st priority of tickets that go on sale.

I'm also in my first season as a legends member. Since I'm working full time in the city as a clerk, I'm going to find it particularly difficult to find enough time to register for a grand final ticket. Fingers crossed that I find the winning formula as a priority 1 member.

Trust me, it's not the same seat. Just be thankful that you get a ticket; in 03 it was a ballot for Legends. What I want to know is when the cocktail party will be? Has anyone heard?

Trust me, it's not the same seat. Just be thankful that you get a ticket; in 03 it was a ballot for Legends. What I want to know is when the cocktail party will be? Has anyone heard?

I got my cocktail invite on friday in the mail so expect it to come soon.

As for the GF seats, they arn't the same as the one's we have for the H&A season. And I also doubt all Collingwood supporters will be together, they will just be random seats.

Slightly off topic but seeing as the question has been answered and I don't think this warrants another thread I'll ask here. I'm an afl member and my dad is a club member will we be able to get finals tickets together and how because as I remember afl members and club members get there tickets on different days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Legend memberships - does anyone on here know how many Legend members we have? i'm just thinking they will have to put a cap on the amount of Legend members we have, because the club couldn't guarantee GF tickets if it keeps expanding.

im a legends member for the reason that i didn't want to miss out on the grand final if we happened to make it.. There doesn't seem to be any difference between social club and legends members. only that ticket..

Also where do u sit in your home games as a legends member? im sitting with all the social club members anyway.. seems pointless.

Regarding Legend memberships - does anyone on here know how many Legend members we have? i'm just thinking they will have to put a cap on the amount of Legend members we have, because the club couldn't guarantee GF tickets if it keeps expanding.

the issue of how many legends members came up during finals last year and how many grand final tickets would be avail if we made it. i don't recall exactly how many legends there were but it may have been around 7000 i think? there has apparently been a 15% increase this year so maybe a bit over 8000 this year? in which case there will be plenty of GF tickets to go round if we make it even taking account of other categories also guaranteed a ticket. i am sure the club is on top of the numbers and that if it looks like a ceiling is required then we will all be advised accordingly which may result in some prospective legends members having to jion a waiting list

as for seating i sit in the olympic stand level 2 on the wing at home games (best seats in the house in my humble opinion) and ponsford stand level 1 away games at the G. apparently can't sit in level 2 ponsford stand at away games unless we also transer home seats to there which we don't want to do

allocation of finals tickets is just a lottery as to where the seats will be. 1st 3 weeks legends members are pretty much guaranteed a great seat but anywhere in the ground. but grand final the large majority of 'premium' seats are already allocated to corporate functions which stinks. they then have 'prime' and 'standard' seating which is made available. it is a pure lottery as you have to register with ticketmaster and if we make it the computer system will randomly allocate the seats

we are therefore planning to buy some packages for our group if it looks like we'll make it. if we then get allocated more ordinary seats by ticketmaster we will scalp, err i mean on sell them and use the packages. if we play geel or stk it will be pretty much name your price regardless of where the seats are. if the allocated seats are better we'll sell off the packages

I sit on level 2 of the Ponsford stand for home games, and level 1 for away games. I hate sitting level 1 of the Ponsford stand. It's like 1 row behind the cheersquad who all stand up whenever the ball comes near. Apparently I'm on a waiting list for level 2 seats.

the issue of how many legends members came up during finals last year and how many grand final tickets would be avail if we made it. i don't recall exactly how many legends there were but it may have been around 7000 i think? there has apparently been a 15% increase this year so maybe a bit over 8000 this year? in which case there will be plenty of GF tickets to go round if we make it even taking account of other categories also guaranteed a ticket. i am sure the club is on top of the numbers and that if it looks like a ceiling is required then we will all be advised accordingly which may result in some prospective legends members having to jion a waiting list

as for seating i sit in the olympic stand level 2 on the wing at home games (best seats in the house in my humble opinion) and ponsford stand level 1 away games at the G. apparently can't sit in level 2 ponsford stand at away games unless we also transer home seats to there which we don't want to do

allocation of finals tickets is just a lottery as to where the seats will be. 1st 3 weeks legends members are pretty much guaranteed a great seat but anywhere in the ground. but grand final the large majority of 'premium' seats are already allocated to corporate functions which stinks. they then have 'prime' and 'standard' seating which is made available. it is a pure lottery as you have to register with ticketmaster and if we make it the computer system will randomly allocate the seats

we are therefore planning to buy some packages for our group if it looks like we'll make it. if we then get allocated more ordinary seats by ticketmaster we will scalp, err i mean on sell them and use the packages. if we play geel or stk it will be pretty much name your price regardless of where the seats are. if the allocated seats are better we'll sell off the packages

well put. cleared that issue up beautifully. Do they tell you when to register? i don't seem to recieve those emails from "mick malthouse
" they said they will send. and have only recieved one copy of black and white magazine. is that normal? its like they have forgotten about me.

i sit on level 1 in m14 about 20 rows back, i don't think there are any legends members around me, only social club. Next year i'll be asking for level 2 in the olympic. i didn't get a say in where is was put..

i sit on level 1 in m14 about 20 rows back, i don't think there are any legends members around me, only social club. Next year i'll be asking for level 2 in the olympic. i didn't get a say in where is was put..

you'll need to ask them if you want to change seats. even then it's not that easy as we've had various problems over the years with seating change requests either being not received or not acted on. but it'll get sorted in the end. when you go to renew this year you just need to contact the club and put in any request for a change. the olympic stand level 2 is gold - great view, bar easily accessible just behind seating

well put. cleared that issue up beautifully. Do they tell you when to register? i don't seem to recieve those emails from "mick malthouse
" they said they will send. and have only recieved one copy of black and white magazine. is that normal? its like they have forgotten about me.

you'll receive letters from the club as the time nears re registration for finals tickets, etc. pretty sure the info is also posted on the club website. as a legends members you should receive mick's message each week via email and all copies of the magazine too

Cocktail party is being held on the 26th of July, Monday night after the Richmond game. It kicks off at 7pm and you need to show your membership ticket for entry. The night is definitely free with beer and wine served for 3 hours. More food than a room full of people could ever eat and it's good quality too.

Always a great night and lots of fun. I go with a mate of mine and we've been Legends members for 4 years now I think. It is certainly worht making the effort to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Legend Members???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back