Leigh Tudor joins Swans; Henry Playfair new development coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
The highly rated Leigh Tudor has left the Scum and will move north at the end of the season. He has worked under Bomber Thompson at the Cats before joining the scum.
Great to see that the "Horse" is putting his own people in place. Tudor becomes the fourth Assistant to walk out of the scum this season.

Re: Leigh Tudor joins Swans

I wonder if that will entice Djerrkura to come up? Tudor coached him in the winning 2007 Geelong VFL Team.

Great to see we are enticing high quality coaches up here.

So Longmire is now with Tudor and Dew. Are Mark Stone and Johnny Blakey sticking around, anyone?

The highly rated Leigh Tudor has left the Scum and will move north at the end of the season. He has worked under Bomber Thompson at the Cats before joining the scum.
Great to see that the "Horse" is putting his own people in place. Tudor becomes the fourth Assistant to walk out of the scum this season.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story old chum.

'Walking out' infers disagreements however SOS was always leaving this year. Leigh Tudor did not want to travel all the way from Essendon (his home) to Seaford and that is understandable. He has now joined your team and good luck to him despite the change of city. Tony E left half the way through the year due to personal issues and surely could happen to anyone. Family comes first so surely that is not 'walking out' either.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story old chum.

'Walking out' infers disagreements however SOS was always leaving this year. Leigh Tudor did not want to travel all the way from Essendon (his home) to Seaford and that is understandable. He has now joined your team and good luck to him despite the change of city. Tony E left half the way through the year due to personal issues and surely could happen to anyone. Family comes first so surely that is not 'walking out' either.

Add to that Matty Drain, Anthony Rock, John Barker, most of the voluntary staff, anyone who can get another job etc..

'Walking out' infers disagreements however SOS was always leaving this year. Leigh Tudor did not want to travel all the way from Essendon (his home) to Seaford and that is understandable.

So he wasn't prepared to move from Essendon to closer to Seaford, but he is prepared to relocate to Sydney? Or will he be commuting? - after all, Essendon is near the airport.

Don't really care about whether he walked out or not, but that sounds like a pretty lame explanation.

Add to that Matty Drain, Anthony Rock, John Barker, most of the voluntary staff, anyone who can get another job etc..

Drain took the heat for the Lovett calamity.

Anthony Rock was nothing short of awful and Barker was not much better. Both our midfields and forwards went backwards with both in charge.

So he wasn't prepared to move from Essendon to closer to Seaford, but he is prepared to relocate to Sydney? Or will he be commuting? - after all, Essendon is near the airport.

Don't really care about whether he walked out or not, but that sounds like a pretty lame explanation.

It was the reason given by Tudor and maybe the Swans offered him plenty more cash and the position of developing another team appealed?

It was the reason given by Tudor and maybe the Swans offered him plenty more cash and the position of developing another team appealed?
Pretty pathetic all your reasons. Lovett would have had no team to coach as they were all going to walk out of Sandringham.

:D

Excellent news! But if Tudor really left because of those reasons, that's pretty pathetic. That said, not only do we have a promising list (I must admit, I was skeptical coming the season) but we have a superb coaching panel to cultivate a new generation of talent. Here's hoping Longmire and the boys can build upon our annual valiant sixth position!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares why he left? Saints nabbed Berbatov off us and i cant see anyone criticising the swans administration for that one

All that matters is that Tudor is a good coach

Who cares why he left? Saints nabbed Berbatov off us and i cant see anyone criticising the swans administration for that one

All that matters is that Tudor is a good coach
...and more importantly we can begin spouting taglines like "The Tudor Dynasty"

I'm pretty happy that Playfair has a job with the Swans after his career was a pretty cruel letdown. Hopefully he'll do well developing the younger, taller forwards.

Tudor is a terrific get.

I remember hearing Ross Lyon stating that Tudor had changed St.Kilda's whole game plan for the better upon arriving there.

Also the 2 or 3 players I know at VFL/AFL level think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

The natural progression is in place now. Roos gave the coaching job to Longmire, who then gives the coaching job to Henry in 2018. How good would that be. Henry Playfair as senior coach. Wow wee.

Thanks, BT

When Henry is the main man, Plugg3r and TLW will go into lifelong comas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Tudor joins Swans; Henry Playfair new development coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back