daics_35

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Port Melbourne VFL
I was pleased with Leons game today although he only got 12 touches, his presence up forward today and his preasure was great + he kicked 2 goals. I think he is getting ready to show us he can play in finals.

Shit lol, its my first thread trying to give someone a toast and i stuff it up and i dont know how to change it lol.

IMO his best game of the season, and thats big praise from me because ive wanted his head recently for some of his lackluster performances

BJ being out of the side threw him a massive lifeline (he would always be back for finals im guessing but today would do his confidence a world of good)

I thought he showed some class in the middle and looked dangerous, something that has been missing from his game all damn season.

Annoying things: some of his tackles didnt stick which allowed the hawks to break away at times and i think his positioning was a bit off...he should really be at the fall of the ball when the pack gets crashed

He needs to be like that, dangerous leon davis and he'll have a massive impact

He has a good record against the dogs as well, i hope he just has a night out i really feel for him becuase in the past he does well during the season and just goes missing in big games and he has a big chance to prove his critics wrong on Saturday night.

Went missing towards the end then. I noticed he had around 10 possessions early on, sif he only managed 2 more for the rest of the game.

Geez you had me fired up until I read what was going on!

I'm desperately hoping this will be the Year of the Leon. His attack on the ball was good and he didn't give away silly frees. Definitely a proactive Leon of old rather than the reactive player witnessed most of this year.

There's something special in the air. C'Mon Leon!

That little burst from Leon just before half time secured him a spot in the side for next week.

He seems to be really struggling physically, as he wasn't spending more then about 5 minutes on the ground at any one time, but what he did was all class.

Loved the way he worked with Blair today, I thought they worked brilliantly together at times.

If Leon is anywhere near 100% he should play next week, more so because he will create headaches for the Dogs, even before the game has started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Leon playing in pain?

There were a couple of times on the boundary where he was hunched over on all fours and took about a minute to get off the ground.

It's either poor body language or he is carrying something

That little burst from Leon just before half time secured him a spot in the side for next week.

Loved the way he worked with Blair today, I thought they worked brilliantly together at times.

If Leon is anywhere near 100% he should play next week, more so because he will create headaches for the Dogs, even before the game has started.

Leon fed Blair at least two goals and Blair returned the favor on at least one and they were all direct feeds. I might even have missed some.

As a pair of small forwards I thought they were excellent. I can't see any reason to change them as the small forward combo at the moment. Their passes to each other were spectacularly pinpoint.

Blair seems to be made for the game. Every time I watch him he grows as a player. He's a cracker.

leon looks like hes playing injured to me. thats good because i dont want him wasting a spot in the finals again. finally finals with no hack fraser or choker leon :D

Leon fed Blair at least two goals and Blair returned the favor on at least one and they were all direct feeds. I might even have missed some.

As a pair of small forwards I thought they were excellent. I can't see any reason to change them as the small forward combo at the moment. Their passes to each other were spectacularly pinpoint.

Blair seems to be made for the game. Every time I watch him he grows as a player. He's a cracker.

If all the outs today did get back in next week, it may well be a vote between Leon and Blair.

Leon was good today, faded in the second half, but Blair may be seen as a more consistent option

If all the outs today did get back in next week, it may well be a vote between Leon and Blair.

Leon was good today, faded in the second half, but Blair may be seen as a more consistent option

Yeah but looking at the possible ins, they're mainly backmen. Obviously Dids comes back but I'd be trying to keep L & B in the mix. Also LeRoy in (I guess that's Josh in reserve in case of injury for Leroy or Jolly).

Maybe Wellers is out. That would be Dids covered. For the backline. Presti in. N Brown out. Johnno in. McCarthy out.

So if Wellers is cleared the question comes back to the forward line. Maybe Sidebutt? I'm thinking it comes down to Leon V Sidebutt. I might give L one more crack at finals while resting Sidey with a view to seeing him come back arced up if L doesn't fire.

Glad it's not my call.

he will be stiff if he is dropped next week, I think he did enough to show he still has someone to offer the team. I have no doubt when leon is up and going he is in our best 22, but at the moment that is slightly doubtful and with all the ins next week (fingers crossed) he may not be able to hold his spot.

Cosistency now.

He has played excellent against the Bulldogs this season.

Now we can probaly see Medhurst and Leon in working together. give the Caff a rest. rotate these 2 up forward.

I reckon Blair looks more like Alan Richardson the more I see him.

Leon - does the job generally he is asked to do and will be in the battle to his eyeballs against Harbrow this week.

Should be a cracker, and I'd love to see a 4 goal haul from Mago.

Leon has an excellent record against the Dogs and Saints, and if the finals fall as exepected there is no possibility he could be kept out. But he would need reasonable performances to hold into the last week if we get through.

Guaranteed to play next week as he destroyed Harbrow last time and Gilbee first time and they have no option but to play either of those 2 on him.

Critical for next week is McCaffer to get the job done on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Leon Davis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back