Let's All Applaud Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the extent of his knee injury ?

I'll get flamed for this but I just dont see the upside in this mish mash of rules. Whats more important playing for you club or playing against a bunch of amateur posties and risking serious injury and screwing up your career and the clubs success.

Yes I realise it has national recognition and their playing for Australia but so what ? Do we have a Australian side for tiddly winks ??

I'll get flamed for this but I just dont see the upside in this mish mash of rules. Whats more important playing for you club or playing against a bunch of amateur posties and risking serious injury and screwing up your career and the clubs success.

Yes I realise it has national recognition and their playing for Australia but so what ? Do we have a Australian side for tiddly winks ??

Totally agree.
I would have been very happy if we had no representatives.

The injury concerns aside, I still like to see Freo boys getting a run in the IR.
For the young blokes in particular, it must be great for their confidence and development to play and train alongside the likes of Voss, Hall, etc.

Think of it as a kind of proffessional development seminar that these guys are in, while the rest of the competition are getting sloshed on some beach somewhere. Admittedly they are probably getting sloshed a fair bit in Ireland too, but at least the boozefest is punctuated with training and learning from some of the best in the business.

As long as they don't come back crippled, they should come back as better players.

Can't see the point of the games as well.

oops, forgot to mention I also think Crowley played a great game. I dare say he covered as much ground as any Aussie player, and his goal was just reward.

Peake looked good at times and used his pace well, although his kicking let him down a little. Overall , he was a solid contributor through the midfield.

Mundy didn't get much time on the ground, and when he was in the action he looked a little out of sorts. In fact it was the first game I have seen him where he didn't look completely comfortable when he got the ball. Given he was a little underdone, we'll cut some slack.

Overall a good effort from the Freo boys in this series, and I hope we see more in years to come. I'd love to see Sandi front up for an IR game just to see the Irish faces. :)

I like to see our players selected because as Roundhouse mentioned it is good for their development. A lot of clubs would be hesitant to release players because of the risk of injury, but the positives outweigh the negatives IMO.

It would also be a great holiday for Aussies based in the UK and Ireland, a return flight from London to Dublin is cheaper than the taxi to Heathrow.

Crowley was superb and hopefully his injury isn't serious because he is a very important player for us. Will hopefully start to spend more time in the centre square in '07.

Peake was okay, Mundy was poor, and the fights (which were predominantly instigated by the Irish) were awesome!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news that Crowley's injury is not as bad as we had first heard. :thumbsu:

http://fremantlefc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=306149

Victorious Aussie reps return home
9 November 2006
Daniel Davini
fremantlefc.com.au

Fremantle’s three International Rules representatives – Ryan Crowley, David Mundy and Brett Peake – have arrived back home following Australia’s victorious campaign against Ireland.

Crowley played in the visitors’ eight-point loss in the opening Test of the series in Galway, and all three lined up in Australia’s 38-point victory in the second Test in Dublin.

The 30-point aggregate series win meant the Aussies retained the Cormac McAnallen Trophy, which they claimed by taking out the 2005 series in Perth and Melbourne.

The second match in front of a sell-out crowd at the famous Croke Park was eventful for Crowley, who scored a vital goal and injured his left knee.

An MRI scan taken upon his return to Perth has revealed damage to the posterior cruciate ligament. He will be on a restricted program until the Christmas break, and will resume full training in the New Year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's All Applaud Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back