Lets hope the Red Sox smash the scummy NY Yankess

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I hate the Yankees too. The penant race I had been following cloest this year was Boston's futile attempt to win the East over the Yankees.

I'm sick of the Yankees. Ironic that with four teams left we have two teams who are genuine fairytale shots and the team in their path is the most "unfairytale" team of all - those bloody Yankees.

Always gussed they'd be there to spoil the party

Originally posted by Dan26
Yeah I hate the Yankees too.

Always gussed they'd be there to spoil the party

Ditto. The Yankees are representative of what is wrong with MLB, and what needs to be fixed to achieve parity.

For me, if neither KC nor Detroit are in the playoffs (which is every year) I'll back whatever team isn't the Yankees. This year I was thinking of going Cubs since they get these opportunities about as often as KC & Detroit. However, I'm really more interested in the NFL season and AFL draft to care too much. I'll wait until it gets close and then it will be "Go, (insert team that is not the Yankees)!" All the way.

If I was King, the World Series would be played during the NFL preseason, and would be over with by now. Not to mention there would also be a salary cap, equal TV revenue sharing, and realistic free agency like the NFL has.

See Dan? You and I probably agree on lots of stuff. As long as it isn't Essendon and Star Wars. ;)

Peace,

I think the most compelling World Series would be Cubs-Red Sox, by far. In fact, that would probably be the most compelling World Series ever played.

One of them has to win.

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
I think the most compelling World Series would be Cubs-Red Sox, by far. In fact, that would probably be the most compelling World Series ever played.

One of them has to win.

Yes, one of them has to win... and one of them has to lose. The loser may never recover.

Go the Yankees!

Bandwagon jumper right here, I can only gather enough interest to watch baseball in the playoffs, and when my beloved Yankees are playing.

Great victory in fiery game 3, memorable win for Clemens. Game 4 rained out, to be played tomorrow.

Mussina now to pitch game 4, I'm a bit worried, he can't seem to win a playoff game this year? Wells, Pettite and Clemens to follow, if needed.

And just on this fairytale thing, it serves Boston right for selling the Babe. And Chicago too, for not letting in that goat into the stadium! ;) What did the Power do in the AFL? :p

:D:D:D:D:D

The Yankees win game 7, 6-5, on a Boone homer in the bottom of the 11th!

Sensational! The Curse lives on amid the shattered dreams at Fenway Park :p

As Jeter said, it was only a matter of time before the ghosts came out, and come out they did. Ahh, it doesn't get much better than this :)

f***en scummy Yankee pricks. God I hate Aussie NY Yankee fans. Obviously they only support them because of their history and probably have no real connecton to the team. Bandwaggoners. Not only is it bad for baseball to have the same cashed-up scum ridden team playing off, but it destroys the possibility of a much needed fairytale.

Hope the Marlins can slaughter them. Lets hope for another game seven, 9th inning choke like the last time the Yankees played in the World Series in 2001. God that was sweet.

Damn right I'm a Yankee bandwagoner who knows next to nothing about baseball.....hardly bothers me, I enjoyed Game 7 too much for that to be a concern.

But seriously, I didn't realise you had to have a connection with a team to support them?

Either way, no problems, how sweet it is.....there's nothing like shattering fairytales and hopes and dreams....ahhh, it's truly a beautiful thing :)

Should be a ripping World Series!

Originally posted by ant
Damn right I'm a Yankee bandwagoner who knows next to nothing about baseball.....hardly bothers me, I enjoyed Game 7 too much for that to be a concern.

But seriously, I didn't realise you had to have a connection with a team to support them?

Either way, no problems, how sweet it is.....there's nothing like shattering fairytales and hopes and dreams....ahhh, it's truly a beautiful thing :)

Should be a ripping World Series!

You don't have to have a "connection", but it annoys me that people here who have no idea about the sport just happen, by pure coincidence to support the team that has won 26 titles - 17 more than any other team.

I despise the Yankees and everything about them. I'll argue to my death-bed that they are the most famous sporting club in the world (more so than any Soccer club) but I hate them with a passion, and very much look forward to seeing them defeated.

You don't have to have a "connection", but it annoys me that people here who have no idea about the sport just happen, by pure coincidence to support the team that has won 26 titles - 17 more than any other team.

I despise the Yankees and everything about them. I'll argue to my death-bed that they are the most famous sporting club in the world (more so than any Soccer club) but I hate them with a passion, and very much look forward to seeing them defeated.

It's not coincidence Dan, I follow them because they are successful and have a wonderful history.

Personally, I only really started following baseball in the mid 90's, when the Aussie Greame Lloyd played for them, plus they got mentioned on Seinfeld occasionally, etc., and as a 10-12 year old, I didn't like following poor teams. So I took on the Yankees.

I follow the baseball intermittently during the regular season, and pick up the viewing during the playoffs. I don't profess to be a baseball junkie, I don't know everything about the sport, but I have picked up a few things over time and I am gradually learning. Regardless, I am disappointed and hurt whenever the Yankees lose. 2001 was as devastating for me as it was joyous for you.

I respect your hate of the Yankees, its either a love them or hate them thing I know, let's hope this World Series is as exciting as the previous 2 have been, with maybe New York getting up ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't follow a team with any passion until I have actually
been to their stadium to watch them play.

I have been to almost every MLB city, and I didn't mind the Yankees (mainly because of Mark Hutton and Graeme Lloyd, as well as all of the legends from their past). That was until I went to the Bronx, and dared to applaud a base hit by then Milwaukee Brewer David Nilsson.

The verbal abuse I copped would have made an Aussie cricketer blush!!!

Give me a game at Wrigley, Fenway, Busch, or my favorite Edison Field any day!!!

Yankee fans are arrogant SOBs......I wouldn't want to be associated with that franchise!!!

And don't get me started on Steinbrenner. Almost single handedly (with some help from the Texas Rangers) made it
close to impossible for small market teams to sign top free agents
and thus provide a competitive team on a consistent basis for their fans.

You're wrong about people's reasons for supporting the yankees, Dan. Many, myself included, have developed a soft spot for them by watching the world series, they have been in 6 of the last 8, so we have seen them far more than any other team, that's all. In fact I didn't realise till I was told by an American friend this week that this will be their 39th world series, and I had no idea until you told me that they had won more than any other team, let alone 17 more.

A bit like someone from the states watching AFL finals would have seen Essendon in the last 6 series, so would remember them and probably develop a bit of a leaning towards them without knowing anything about their history.

I wouldn't really call myself a yankes supporter, but that game 7 against the sox was a great game, and may have won me over. I won't actually know until I start to watch the series against the Marlins. I'm expecting the Marlins to win and I doubt that that will cause me any pain - so a REAL supporter I'm not.

Nevertheless all this talk that I've encountered in the past week about hating the team from NY definitely inclines me to say GO YANKEES

As a Mariners fan after 2000 and 2001 I hate them with a passion, they are everything that is wrong with baseball. Who cares about developing young players though your farm system when you can spend millions buying whoever and whatever your team needs. Who cares if you force salary's up and drive small maket teams to the wall when you can win World Series after World Series without needing to try hard at all. The sooner a salary cap in baseball is brought in (and trust me this won't happen and DON'T bring up the laxary tax - it won't help that much) the sooner baseball returns to what it was - an even contest.

Surely you can't blame the Yankees for spending big $$$ if there isn't a salary cap. I mean, what team wouldn't try to do the same if it had the same bank account?

And just to make Dan happy, there is a connection between me and the Yankees:p

Originally posted by robbieando
Who cares about developing young players

No-one if they have to get rid of them just as soon as they do develop, because they can no longer fit under a salary cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets hope the Red Sox smash the scummy NY Yankess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back