Speculation Lewis Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Young is a confidence player. I am convinced that is the key to him as a footballer.

When it is up he is very serviceable, but when it is down he is a complete liability.

I remember he cleaned up Cam Zurhaar in early 2022 at Marvel and it almost seemed as though that was a lightbulb moment for him. It did wonders for his confidence and form.

But for much of 2023 and 2024 it was a different Lewis Young. He looked completely devoid of confidence. Unsure of himself, making bad decisions, a little timid, and slowing down play when it is clear the team wants to take the game on.

On top of the dip in form there has been some talk in the past of a bit of a rift between he and Weitering. So I am not completely surprised by this news.

My sense is he's a 25/26 year old guy who just doesn't realize how big he is because he doesn't use that size to advantage.

I'm not sure where to from here. But I do think he deserves to be on a list somewhere because I think he can be an OK player in the right environment.

Someone will get him dirt cheap and if they can get his head right, they might just have a player.

Young is a confidence player. I am convinced that is the key to him as a footballer.

When it is up he is very serviceable, but when it is down he is a complete liability.

I remember he cleaned up Cam Zurhaar in early 2022 at Marvel and it almost seemed as though that was a lightbulb moment for him. It did wonders for his confidence and form.

But for much of 2023 and 2024 it was a different Lewis Young. He looked completely devoid of confidence. Unsure of himself, making bad decisions, a little timid, and slowing down play when it is clear the team wants to take the game on.

On top of the dip in form there has been some talk in the past of a bit of a rift between he and Weitering. So I am not completely surprised by this news.

My sense is he's a 25/26 year old guy who just doesn't realize how big he is because he doesn't use that size to advantage.

I'm not sure where to from here. But I do think he deserves to be on a list somewhere because I think he can be an OK player in the right environment.

Someone will get him dirt cheap and if they can get his head right, they might just have a player.
Carlton was supposed to be that he even said it in interviews after his initial decent start,

He hasn't got the ticker or desire to make it at the top level Josh Schache esq

3 rounder at absolute best.

Played a blinder against Brissy. If he played like that every week he'd be worth a top 10 pick.

I could see North or West Coast taking a look. Losing Barras and need a replacement while North need more help down there.

Pretty bang on actually.

Plus he's incredibly heart in mouth once he needs to dispose of the ball, especially under pressure.

I've always wanted him to succeed, but not sure if takes the next step or not.
Kemp seems a far better user of the ball in every part of the ground.

The days of KPDs who are slow to dispose of the ball are numbered. Even if their skills are ok, those extra few seconds matter given teams are so quick to set the ground up on turnover. We've got our own (Gardner) who just hangs onto it too long.

He's actually played some very good CHF/ruck relief VFL games back in the day. Even as depth I suspect a club picks him up.

But for much of 2023 and 2024 it was a different Lewis Young . He looked completely devoid of confidence. Unsure of himself, making bad decisions, a little timid, and slowing down play when it is clear the team wants to take the game on.
The age is linking North and WC to him.

Sounds like he’d fit right in next to Luke McDonald. A solid option for keeping our current backline on brand, so to speak.

From Eagles point of view would Carlton salary dump him to us and give us a pick upgrade to take him?
Not a great player by any means but valuable depth for us in case Weitering goes down. Id imagine he'll only be traded if we can secure a different KPD option in his place.

Will be cheap if he does get traded. Late 3rd/4th id imagine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By outbidding you guys to get him I suppose. Doubt he is on a 400k base wage

I don’t think we tried very hard to hang on to him. He’s got heaps of natural talent but was reportedly quite lazy with training, and Bevo prefers the Gardner types who put their hearts into it even if they have less talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Lewis Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Back