Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone report on the what's happening with Natte. They have lost their 2 best players from last year and have not seen any significant recruits yet.

Very little news from Natte, therefore can anyone provide some updates

heard a rumour that McMaster is staying at natte. don't go by me though boys the person i heard it from is from natte but not that reliable

How would people rate as the 5 best pick ups within the Lexton Plain

3 great losses I would rate:

Chris Jardine - Natte
Tom Blackford - Rokewood
Brett MacMaster - Natte

thoughts people

What is the go at Rokewood? Heard they have had 50 at training and the next night I heard they a struggling for numbers (around 15). Has anyone got any answers?
Slasher, the rumours I heard, was that Stasse had been approached by Dunnstown coach, a previous C/L boy himself? If that was my club, I wouldn't be happy with the Dunnstown's coach! Hope he stays in your league, as the boy can play.
Watched C/L last weekend against Springbank and must say, they were very light on artilary, but were also light on fitness. Will be interesting to see how they come up first game against Skipton. Did note that a couple of new recruits, performed well.
Is there any other practice matches on this weekend?

You would also find that C/L would of had at least 15 players out that were playing in cricket finals so i wouldnt read much into that outcome

had reports of lextons practice match on the weekend. i was told that they convincingly defeated clunes with new recruit form north city nathan barnes killing it through the midfield all day.
very promising for the tigers who played without coach eamon johnson and one or two other new players.

had reports of lextons practice match on the weekend. i was told that they convincingly defeated clunes with new recruit form north city nathan barnes killing it through the midfield all day.
very promising for the tigers who played without coach eamon johnson and one or two other new players.

Don't read to much into game. Clunes very undermanned and Lexton had Fisher running around for 1/2 game.

So who are the new players that Lexton have picked up vs the players that they have lost. They seemed to have a few new clearances but then lost a few senior players from last year.

The big question is what was there overall gain

So who are the new players that Lexton have picked up vs the players that they have lost. They seemed to have a few new clearances but then lost a few senior players from last year.

The big question is what was there overall gain

cant give you an exact number of the gain to loss ratio.
the word i was given was that they should cover the players that they have lost plus have a lot more fire power u forward. but i guess its like most teams this time of year we just have to wait and see.

Did a quick analysis of player transfers

Ararat - 7 new , 17 leaving
CL - 14 new, 5 leaving
Illabarook - - 8 new, 8 leaving
Lexton - 8 new, 10 leaving
Natte - 6 new, 4 leaving
Skipton - 11 new, 6 leaving
Rokewood - 13 new, 14 leaving
Navarre - 8 new, 19 leaving

Couple of things I have noticed

One third of Lexton's senior team seem to be leaving - More losses than gain in my opinion.
Rokewood have lost a lot of good players and their new players are yet to be judged
Natte have lost their 2 best players
Skipton have recruited well

Please note:

A lot of the juniors can get thrown into the mix with clearances so its hard to judge these numbers, however, one big question - what's happening at Navarre?

Did a quick analysis of player transfers

Ararat - 7 new , 17 leaving
CL - 14 new, 5 leaving
Illabarook - - 8 new, 8 leaving
Lexton - 8 new, 10 leaving
Natte - 6 new, 4 leaving
Skipton - 11 new, 6 leaving
Rokewood - 13 new, 14 leaving
Navarre - 8 new, 19 leaving

Couple of things I have noticed

One third of Lexton's senior team seem to be leaving - More losses than gain in my opinion.
Rokewood have lost a lot of good players and their new players are yet to be judged
Natte have lost their 2 best players
Skipton have recruited well

Please note:

A lot of the juniors can get thrown into the mix with clearances so its hard to judge these numbers, however, one big question - what's happening at Navarre?

Lack of knowledge myself but this might go part way of answering the question.
Navarre had a lot of those dark blokes playin for them, maybe some of them have moved on gone home or whatever.

yeah it'd be interesting to see what the navarre seniors are like as there are many kids who play. have heard that 2 players from the under 17s won't be at the club anymore. both very very handy players. heard that rumour a while ago though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah it'd be interesting to see what the navarre seniors are like as there are many kids who play. have heard that 2 players from the under 17s won't be at the club anymore. both very very handy players. heard that rumour a while ago though

Avoca played Navarre last weekend in a practice match, they had some really good kids in the u/17 s I did here that a few wont be going around this year thou, as they have moved to new clubs.

Rumours surrounding Navarre are along the lines of their recruiting has pissed off a lot of players who have played there for extended periods of time, and have left the club.

Tex my friend most of Navarre players that are leaving are very young,some have moved on with school,out of last years side
their are only 2 regulars , i think the melb boys along with the stawell
boys will more then compensate,regarding the pissed of call, be careful
Navarre has provided all these boys with the opportunity to win 3 junior
flags in row!!!!!!

Rumour has it that new recruit for carngham Hayden Budds has just come out of Juvi can anybody confirm? i spoke to rory nunn earlier and he said it was

Rumour has it that new recruit for carngham Hayden Budds has just come out of Juvi can anybody confirm? i spoke to rory nunn earlier and he said it was

yeah mate, i heard he had to spend a few months there for brutal assualt or somethin, and yeh he's old man is a cop, but i think he got kicked out of home

Tex my friend most of Navarre players that are leaving are very young,some have moved on with school,out of last years side
their are only 2 regulars , i think the melb boys along with the stawell
boys will more then compensate,regarding the pissed of call, be careful
Navarre has provided all these boys with the opportunity to win 3 junior
flags in row!!!!!!
Just the rumours I heard mate. Can't say I've been speaking to many Navarre guys lately as it is.

Looking through the footy mag that was in the paper yesterday and looking at skiptons recruits i reckon they may be the team to beat this year

yes true that. C/L didn't mention wemyess though in the key arrivals, does that mean his not playing or carngham are playing their cards close to their chest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back