Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lexton Plains Football League

Dennis Bell has signed up as joint coach. havnt signed assistant yet. club has had a meeting with two guys but havnt finalised anything yet unfortuanatly.

Have spoken to people on the board of the club and been told that nothing is yet confirmed with Bell? Has there been a change since yesterday arvo?

Dennis would be a very handy addition to the Eagles, as would Aiden if he follows his Dad across. The rumours he 'has signed' though, may seem a little premature-maybe he is likely to sign?

Think thats prob pretty accurate at this stage Roo, was just unsure on what exact role Dennis was gunna take on.. Have been told by executive nothing was confirmed yet - unless there has been a change since then!!
had 32 training and a couple arrived late and didnt train. 3 were u/17s so it was a great start. dennis agreed early last week to coach the eagles and took training with chinga last night. early stages though but i think we will improve on this year!!!!!!!

had 32 training and a couple arrived late and didnt train. 3 were u/17s so it was a great start. dennis agreed early last week to coach the eagles and took training with chinga last night. early stages though but i think we will improve on this year!!!!!!!

Yeah it was a great start to the year Orion21 haven't seen numbers like that there for awhile, lets just hope all that was there a wednesday night stick with the club and build something special for the future

The following article was in Stawell Times on Friday.
Navarre in player talks

Navarre could potentially find itself with eight Melbourne-based recruits, including a Victorian Football League player, for the 2009 Lexton Plains Football League season.

Coach Ben Martin said he met with a number of interested players recently and was hopeful of possibly attracting a `car load' to travel to Navarre next season.

``There are some good sized bodies about them,'' Martin said.
``Two of them are about my size, but a bit more bulked up and two others are up to my shoulders but were nuggety sort of blokes.
``Eight of them came up but two of them are not playing. Two others didn't make the trip.''

Martin said he was unsure what the club's chances were of gaining the players' services, but believed signs were positive at this early stage.

``I don't know if we will get all of them but I reckon the one who played VFL is really keen,'' he said.

``The rover is also keen but the other blokes were weighing up what they are doing.''

Martin said the former VFL player, who has family connections at Navarre and Avoca, had watched the Grasshoppers play at different times last season.

``He watched us a few times last year,'' Martin said.

``I rang him on Friday - at this stage he is real keen but you just never know.

``At this stage you would be saying they are keen but you never think you have got them.''

Navarre will kick off its pre-season training on Monday.

Martin said training would be held on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6pm at North Park in the lead-up to Christmas. Training is then expected to resume in mid-January.

Navarre in player talks

Navarre could potentially find itself with eight Melbourne-based recruits, including a Victorian Football League player, for the 2009 Lexton Plains Football League season.

Coach Ben Martin said he met with a number of interested players recently and was hopeful of possibly attracting a `car load' to travel to Navarre next season.

``Two of them are about my size, but a bit more bulked up and two others are up to my shoulders but were nuggety sort of blokes.
``Eight of them came up but two of them are not playing. Two others didn't make the trip.''

Martin said he was unsure what the club's chances were of gaining the players' services, but believed signs were positive at this early stage.

``I don't know if we will get all of them but I reckon the one who played VFL is really keen,'' he said.

``The rover is also keen but the other blokes were weighing up what they are doing.''

Martin said the former VFL player, who has family connections at Navarre and Avoca, had watched the Grasshoppers play at different times last season.

``At this stage you would be saying they are keen but you never think you have got them.''

Martin said training would be held on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6pm at North Park in the lead-up to Christmas. Training is then expected to resume in mid-January.

LOL. Papers are printing articles about 'talks' with players these days:confused:

Navarre in player talks

Read this in the paper the other day too-will have to wait and see how the recruiting goes. Hopefully a little better than last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah exactly well they need to do it to fit in with everyone because everyone else is out there for the cash
Not quite true-although there are a number who are. The reigning B&F winner is a born and bred Navarre boy-came up from the 3rds, played with a couple of us on here-the really promising players tend not to be the big money recruits. While yeah, Bucks would be doing ok out of coaching, he is also a born and bred Navarre boy-spent two years playing in Stawell before returning to coach. Not exactly as it seems.

Not quite true-although there are a number who are. The reigning B&F winner is a born and bred Navarre boy-came up from the 3rds, played with a couple of us on here-the really promising players tend not to be the big money recruits. While yeah, Bucks would be doing ok out of coaching, he is also a born and bred Navarre boy-spent two years playing in Stawell before returning to coach. Not exactly as it seems.

yeah thats true there are probaly alot of cases like that but in country footy in general majority are out there for the money, then to leave at the end of the season and do it all again at another club the following year

Just proves those blokes havn't got what it takes and arn't prepared to do the hard yards, and what about the bloke that coached you in the u/17's saying at presentation about blokes hanging around and to stick by the club only to sign with Moyston a couple of weeks later?

Im that u17s coach u talk about crazy88 and yes i told my u17s players to hang around and ialso said for the club to back them 100% in what ever they do because they are the future of the club without them country footy clubs would be stuffed..and far as i know all of them have stayed at the club so im sure i said the right things...and as for me going to moyston its just for me to futher my coaching i havent left the eagles on a bad note if anything i wish them the best for the future

hey orion

is the rumour true goin around the eagles that the head coach couldnt partisapate in training monday nyt due to Chafe or something more serious?????

hey orion

is the rumour true goin around the eagles that the head coach couldnt partisapate in training monday nyt due to Chafe or something more serious?????
Is there any other news on any club out that way, recruits etc, all im reading on this forum is ararat eagles, by what i have read they are getting a lot to training, wich is good shows they are keen but i think they need some (GOOD) players on that track:) heard carngham have picked a few key players but are keeping it very quiet:eek: also heard skipton have picked up about 3 or 4 players from bunninyong, not sure how they go but pretty sure they were just borderline players this year:thumbsu:

Im that u17s coach u talk about crazy88 and yes i told my u17s players to hang around and ialso said for the club to back them 100% in what ever they do because they are the future of the club without them country footy clubs would be stuffed..and far as i know all of them have stayed at the club so im sure i said the right things...and as for me going to moyston its just for me to futher my coaching i havent left the eagles on a bad note if anything i wish them the best for the future

well said coach

Is there any other news on any club out that way, recruits etc, all im reading on this forum is ararat eagles, by what i have read they are getting a lot to training, wich is good shows they are keen but i think they need some (GOOD) players on that track:) heard carngham have picked a few key players but are keeping it very quiet:eek: also heard skipton have picked up about 3 or 4 players from bunninyong, not sure how they go but pretty sure they were just borderline players this year:thumbsu:

Get on here and tell us some info then TILT.. Have heard Carngham have a fair few key players training with East Point.. Any truth in this.? Will leave a huge hole in the saints side if they happen to leave..

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back