Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah juicy odds for the hoppers, any market on how many mullane grant will kick for the year. is there a backman in the league he could slow him down.

is biscom the man suppling him?

This weeks matches:

Ararat Eagles vs Rokewood Corindhap
Lexton vs Carngham Linton
Natte Bealiba vs Illabarook
Navarre vs Skipton

Tips:
Rokewood Corindhap - Rokewood have been playing good footy, Ararat have been playing well at home tho
Carngham Linton - Lexton to be competitive but Carngham should be too strong through the middle here
Illabarook - Got on the board last week for a win, go with winning form, but should be very tight.
Skipton - Navarre have been going alright but Skipton appear the benchmark of the comp and should continue that form

Thoughts?

Lets not forget the air gets a bit thicker rokewood way come september

There has been a large turnover of players at Rokewood over the last few years so you would think there wouldn't be too many mental scars from previous years.

yeah juicy odds for the hoppers, any market on how many mullane grant will kick for the year. is there a backman in the league he could slow him down.

is biscom the man suppling him?

History have a very funny habit of repeating itself for the hoppers every year come finals time no matter who's playing!
Seems to be a different savior every year
'08 Macnamee
'09 Mullane-Grant
And as for hoppers premiers '09 wasnt that the same msg coming from the rokewood camp last year??

Lets not forget the air gets a bit thicker rokewood way come september

Let's not forget that CL is one of the greatest performing teams over the last decade in country footy. 5 of the last 7 flags are hanging at Linton. Skipton is also a decent September performer taking the other 2 of the 7. That's not because Rokewood choked. That is because CL has caught onto the secret that finals are won in September, not May. CL are almost guaranteed a finals spot every year due to a final 5 in an 8 team comp. Once in there, they do the damage.

i would back malcolm niblett from carngham to beat mullane grant if he is playing the next time they meet. niblett is not playing a lot of footy during the home and away season due to his committments with the roosters. but if matched up with mullane grant i would back him most times. :thumbsu:

Let's not forget that CL is one of the greatest performing teams over the last decade in country footy. 5 of the last 7 flags are hanging at Linton. Skipton is also a decent September performer taking the other 2 of the 7. That's not because Rokewood choked. That is because CL has caught onto the secret that finals are won in September, not May. CL are almost guaranteed a finals spot every year due to a final 5 in an 8 team comp. Once in there, they do the damage.

amen

did anyone watch any games on the weekend?

Ararat seem to be the big improver's - good effort against Rokewood.
What happened to Natte on the weekend?
Skipton seemed to good for Navarre. Seems that Navarre have a long way to go to challenge Skipton

Any thoughts?

did anyone watch any games on the weekend?

Ararat seem to be the big improver's - good effort against Rokewood.
What happened to Natte on the weekend?
Skipton seemed to good for Navarre. Seems that Navarre have a long way to go to challenge Skipton

Any thoughts?
Might say more about Skipton's great form than Navarre being a long way off I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wats happening with Natte this year.....do they just not have the cattle on the park or has it got something 2 do with the coaching!! Will the coach c the year out or will the club turn into something like the Richmond FC where the club will either sack him if he don't resign!!

Wats happening with Natte this year.....do they just not have the cattle on the park or has it got something 2 do with the coaching!! Will the coach c the year out or will the club turn into something like the Richmond FC where the club will either sack him if he don't resign!!

They have had a large turnover of players in the last two years and its widely acknowleged that they have lost a fair bit of quality. They still have plenty of quality players out there but just dont have the depth of other clubs.

They have had a large turnover of players in the last two years and its widely acknowleged that they have lost a fair bit of quality. They still have plenty of quality players out there but just dont have the depth of other clubs.

I think Mighty Roar may be pulling our chain King, if my memory serves me correctly Mighty Roar and the Natte coach work together, holding some nice folks at the expense of the government. I should think the dig would make for some fine smoko room chit chat thou.

I think Mighty Roar may be pulling our chain King, if my memory serves me correctly Mighty Roar and the Natte coach work together, holding some nice folks at the expense of the government. I should think the dig would make for some fine smoko room chit chat thou.

Hahaha.......well thats not entirely true there Puma, I may be somewhat having a friendly dig in regards to the comparison of their Coach to the Richmond FC, however living across the otherside of the country now I aint really up 2 speed with the sides, so was just putting it out there 4 peoples views on why they r struggling as much as they r!!
:thumbsu:

History have a very funny habit of repeating itself for the hoppers every year come finals time no matter who's playing!
Seems to be a different savior every year
'08 Macnamee
'09 Mullane-Grant
And as for hoppers premiers '09 wasnt that the same msg coming from the rokewood camp last year??

now ya just talking bullshit i have payed fo rokewood and now at ballan but this yr for rokewood is a different story macnamee was just their for him self i ithought he was a tosser....
but Tommie is their and no doubt it will be hoppers 09 with the line up their got this yr with Tommie reaching 100 goals for season easy no one can sto him

Only time will tell.

But it has always been the same story. Na this year its different there have been a number of changes so they dont have the scars. Been happening for a few years now

Any thoughts or predictions for the interleague game tomorrow?

Looks like a fairly strong line-up that has been named, only a few missing from a full strength side.

Looks like a fairly one sided affair Saturday in the main game, MCFL proving no match particularly in the conditions from what i've heard. I didn't get to the game, any reports on who played well, not so well, any incidents?

Hello all I;m new to the forum . It was a great game at Eastern Oval last week. As the fat lady says it was allover at quarter time. Cannot wait for next year's return match at Maryborough. So interesting results this weekend. The Southern Hoppers had a good but unconvincing win over Navare and Skipton with a huge thumping of the Eagles.Haven't heard any other results yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back