Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Mullane-Grant has broken his leg..
thats what i've heard, anyone able to confirm this..

Heard that rumour also. If it it is true then will blow their chances out of the water for the finals.Gibbo played in the seniors but didn't kick any goals.
May help to open up thier forward line and just go for it.
Rokewood were very ordinary against Lexton so with C/L if they are fit and all fired up it should be a good game.

What do others think????????????????????

So are rokewood fucked now tommy has gone down?

He would have kicked a fair percentage of their score this year. Not sure if they are 'f"£$%d' but it would seriously hurt their chances of beating the good sides. Hopefully he can get back for finals and allow Rokewood to have a big impact in September. Skipton's flag odds would have firmed after this injury though.

Some upsets and close games and blow outs!!!

Ther was a howling gale at Rokewood and no rain with Natte close at half time but Rokewood ran away with it in the second half. The umpires didn't help with 12 frees to Natte and 4 to Rokewood in the last quarter!!!

What about the Eagles!! No goals to Illabarook was a big let down to them as they started the year OK but have dropped of the boil. The winner of Lexton and Illabarook could have a place in the 5>

Skipton played OK for their win and same again they were crucified by the umps with 30 frees against and 15 to them.

Navarre were close to Carngham and must be looking forwards to Rokewood this weekend at home so that should be a good game.

Any rumours about coaching movements/vacancies for 2010?????

Rokewood resigning their coach,

big news down there, maybe they have found someone that isnt just chasing money.... Find that hard to believe this time around.

Another Macnamee??

Rokewood resigning their coach,

big news down there, maybe they have found someone that isnt just chasing money.... Find that hard to believe this time around.

Another Macnamee??

Think signing before the season is finished would indicate some sort of long term planning rather than a cash grab

Think signing before the season is finished would indicate some sort of long term planning rather than a cash grab

Long term planning, makes sense.

Surely injury problems may be of come concern for the club as well, maybe also a bit of disharmoney I hear is starting to come out from the club, possibly the bounty hunter wont be there all that long?

Rokewood's chances of beating Skipton are gone without Tommy this year. Great news for the clubs future re-signing the coach.

Skipton clear premiership favorite. Rokewood, Cargham/Linton and Navarre all very even and capable of causing upset in finals and fifth spot is irrevant who ever gets it.

How good is Nick O'Brien? AFL Prospect?

Give me a break, good player but good country player at best. Bit timid in my eyes. AFL is a long way from this crap league

thats a bit rough chi.

you obviously dont know a great deal about the kid.

played vic country and was in the best for a couple of games.
plays for one of the best school sides in victoria. (st pats 1sts)
and has kicked 30goals in 5 games. this is against some of the best schools in victoria. and as a result, best players.
still young, will play TAC cup. it doesnt seem too far for me.
and his body shape is also one that would impress scouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me a break, good player but good country player at best. Bit timid in my eyes. AFL is a long way from this crap league
I agree just an ok footy player...oh wait all-australian for his age group, playing senior footy already and kicking plenty of goals and also named in the best in vic countrys latest comp. He must be crap. Or you could just be a jealous w***er

Oh and becoming the youngest player to debut for the rebels. But yeah maybe a good country player at best

Rokewood's chances of beating Skipton are gone without Tommy this year. Great news for the clubs future re-signing the coach.

Skipton clear premiership favorite. Rokewood, Cargham/Linton and Navarre all very even and capable of causing upset in finals and fifth spot is irrevant who ever gets it.

number 4 at rokewood any chance that u would fight ya way to the front of a pack like ya would at KFC maybe ya would stop gettin called for in the back...... and the old 125 size jumper doesnt cut it ... just no jumper it like pre season.... hope the ball was a blast what PLACE was it at....

What an upset .Rokewood 12 goals 11 points were BEATEN that's right beaten by Ararat 15 goals 5 behinds.
Was a hard fought game with blues skies no rain or wind but a team that was more desperate and tackled more to get the ball.
If they win the next 2 games then they can be in the 5 and Rokewood are more vulnerable than ever.Ararat sang thier club. song twice and a cry of Chokewood was heard by someone.
Just goes to show that no team is unbeatable - look at Geelong in the FAL and Hepburn in the CHFL
Illabarook's win by 6 goals puts Natte on the bottom of the ladder.

Bit harsh to be writing rokewood off,

Aararat are a much better team then they used to be....

haha

so all signs say, rokewood one man team at the minute , being told to kick to one man is hard to do when he isnt on the ground,

looks like selections are being made by alliances rather then on talent as well....

get up the eagles!!!!

You've been pretty quiet since others replied to this question with arguments that shut you down. And he has won a Herald Sun Shield SF for SPC and made a solid debut in the TAC Cup since you said this garbage.

You've been pretty quiet since others replied to this question with arguments that shut you down. And he has won a Herald Sun Shield SF for SPC and made a solid debut in the TAC Cup since you said this garbage.
This barely 16y.o young lad has been a very good player at senior level for the saints this year not just a fill in player, major player in the St pats 1st 18 & youngest player to debut for the rebels, no matter the standard of the LPFL he still has to face men in contests that some with more experience would back away from so in my opinion anybody that doesn't rate him is either one of nicks mates totally tounge in cheek or a dill who knows very little about junior talent......the boy can play. Serious question can anyone really beat skipton, not the same old emus this yrs team are the real deal

I agree that Skipton are looking hard to stop at this point in time. However i think Carngham would be pretty happy to come up against them in the final. A lot of fresh faces in the emu line up but some scars just never seem to heal! Some interesting results to come before that final siren in my opinion.

Some big injuries at Skipton this week with McKay & Riske out. Carngham looking better and better each week. Surely it cannot happen again!!!!

It would be really stiff on Skipton, as this is probably the best side they have fielded in the LPFL. But Carngham are close to unbeatable in finals. It can happen. But it's a two horse race. Chokewood can't win for the exact reason they are called Chokewood.

At this stage, I reckon that C/L are the weakest side out of the top 4. They are very different from last year and will be knocked out in straight sets this year.

I am predicting a Grand Final of Skipton and Navarre at this stage. However, lets wait and see.

Also, can we see Natte making the 5th spot. All they need to do is beat Ararat and they make finals. Quite an amazing turn of events from 1 week ago when they were sitting on the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back