Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know how did the practise matches went between Cargnham-Linton/Springbank and Rokewood/Learmonth on the weekend?

Conflicting reports on CHFL thread, the most detailed account had this to say:

" Springbank v C-Linton was a 6 quarter game, Springbank had both Senior & Reserves sides and CL had a squad of 30 or so. First 3 quarters were Springbank’s Seniors, which Springbank won easy enough, CL would of only kicked 3 goals to Springbank’s 10+, last 3 quarters were Springbank’s reserves, but I don’t know the final outcome. "

Odd to play your senior team first then trot out the 2's, would imagine C/L would've done the opposite as you normally would, and that would most likely have caused the disparity this guy is suggesting.

Actually mate, it’s a better idea having the seniors run out first, because CL only had 30 odd blokes, Digger rotated them for the whole 6 quarters, it meant that CL weren’t worn out by the 4th quarter for a fresh senior side to come on the park and make it look like we were playing against witches hats. Both sides were fresh from the start.

Conflicting reports on CHFL thread, the most detailed account had this to say:

" Springbank v C-Linton was a 6 quarter game, Springbank had both Senior & Reserves sides and CL had a squad of 30 or so. First 3 quarters were Springbank’s Seniors, which Springbank won easy enough, CL would of only kicked 3 goals to Springbank’s 10+, last 3 quarters were Springbank’s reserves, but I don’t know the final outcome. "

Odd to play your senior team first then trot out the 2's, would imagine C/L would've done the opposite as you normally would, and that would most likely have caused the disparity this guy is suggesting.

Can anyone tell me how did the big elliot yovich go for c/Linton in the ruck on the weeknd angainst springbank?also a bloke named travis collins is he any good

Sorry Whacker but it is true. There will be a report in the press this week about a merger between the 2 Leagues and a proposal as to where finals will be played etc.
This is the best thing to happen for years as ther are other Leagues in the area that have big problems but wont face them!!!!!

Professor, this is only a proposal and I think you will find that the MCDFL clubs will vote against it, It is a proposal that was put up by the LPFNL but it is far from being a reality

Professor, this is only a proposal and I think you will find that the MCDFL clubs will vote against it, It is a proposal that was put up by the LPFNL but it is far from being a reality

No club in the MCDFL would even entertain this proposal as it stands. MCDFL have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

I heard from a reliable source that Natte has signed two of Ararat Football Clubs two most decorated and senior players up. Dale Bligh who is a Toohey medalist, Premiership player has come out of retirement and good friend Mick Fratin, Big key position premiership player. Things look up 4 Natte!:thumbsu:

Big Practice match on the weekend. Skipton VS Dunstown....

Skipton Reserves won by atleast 15 Goals.

Skipton Seniours by 12 Goals.

Good signs for both sides, seniours still have 6-7 seniour players still to come back.

Can anyone beat the emus this year????

have a go at these questions.

Premiers: Skipton
Wooden Spooners: Illabrook
League Medal: Kiernan Molloy
Biggest Improver from 09: Lexton
Biggest Slider from 09: Carngham Linton
Goal Kicker: Tom Mullane-Grant
Most expensive team: Lexton by a fair bit
Most under-rated player: Graeme Lench
Most over-rated player: Nick Murphy
Most loyal player in the league: Rod Kennedy Skipton definatley
Toughest bloke in the league: James Rayner
Biggest Sook in the league: Matt Stasse

have a go at these questions.

Premiers: Skipton
Wooden Spooners: Illabrook
League Medal: Kiernan Molloy
Biggest Improver from 09: Lexton
Biggest Slider from 09: Carngham Linton
Goal Kicker: Tom Mullane-Grant
Most expensive team: Lexton by a fair bit
Most under-rated player: Graeme Lench
Most over-rated player: Nick Murphy
Most loyal player in the league: Rod Kennedy Skipton definatley
Toughest bloke in the league: James Rayner
Biggest Sook in the league: Matt Stasse

Dont know where you get your info buddy but if you think lexton are paying more than skipton and rokewood and others you are sadly mistaken.

I heard from a reliable source that Natte has signed two of Ararat Football Clubs two most decorated and senior players up. Dale Bligh who is a Toohey medalist, Premiership player has come out of retirement and good friend Mick Fratin, Big key position premiership player. Things look up 4 Natte!:thumbsu:

Fratin played for Ararat in a practice match Sat.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting too see that on the Clearances Board. that Begbie has had his clearance approved, while Beacham has been denied by Learmonth.

Any results from praccy games last weekend...

And also what are everyone's thoughts on the season preview in the courier today?

Rumour out and about that Ararat Eagles have folded after a meeting at the club last night. You able to refute that Orion?
Yeah have heard that same rumour GRIMMETT. Not true at all. They have lost a few players that had comitted to the club only to walk out in the last 3 weeks and join other clubs which is hurting them but will still be competitive in seniors but reserves will struggle a bit unlike like the last two years....

Yeah have heard that same rumour GRIMMETT. Not true at all. They have lost a few players that had comitted to the club only to walk out in the last 3 weeks and join other clubs which is hurting them but will still be competitive in seniors but reserves will struggle a bit unlike like the last two years....

As rumour would have it The Eagles normally fold this time EVERY year only to rise again from the ashes just like the mythical phoenix, maybe they should change our names to the Ararat Phoenix. Don't worry Orion there will be another rumour starting next year (or before) maybe I will start one shortly just to keep things interesting.:):):):thumbsu::thumbsu:

As rumour would have it The Eagles normally fold this time EVERY year only to rise again from the ashes just like the mythical phoenix, maybe they should change our names to the Ararat Phoenix. Don't worry Orion there will be another rumour starting next year (or before) maybe I will start one shortly just to keep things interesting.:):):):thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good to hear guys. They mightn't enjoy the greatest relationship but it's important a town the size of Ararat has two footy clubs and the Eagles and Rats BOTH need to survive and thrive.

Really disappointed for the Eagles. Shame those players who were committed have pulled out on the club. Don't know the reasons, but appears pretty ordinary. :thumbsdown:Thought last year would have been their best building block since joining the league, only to now move a few steps backwards. Full credit to all the players and supporters who stick by the club year in and out.

What is the story with the Eagles and football in Ararat? Would like to know more. Two clubs in the city centre, for the whole town, with a great ground, but both teams struggle.

I know there are really three teams, the Tatyoon Rats, which makes it hard.

Really disappointed for the Eagles. Shame those players who were committed have pulled out on the club. Don't know the reasons, but appears pretty ordinary. :thumbsdown:Thought last year would have been their best building block since joining the league, only to now move a few steps backwards. Full credit to all the players and supporters who stick by the club year in and out.

What is the story with the Eagles and football in Ararat? Would like to know more. Two clubs in the city centre, for the whole town, with a great ground, but both teams struggle.

I know there are really three teams, the Tatyoon Rats, which makes it hard.

Taty have more money and are having more success which just draws players there way. and moyston just seem to always find a way of gettng eagles players out there, dont no why. could be people dont wanna put the hard yards in

With all the talk of which teams will climb the ladder, who will slide ect, ect, ect, one important question has not been asked.

Who is the LPFL's sexiest player?

My money is on C/L young gun justin o'brien.

He has it all: the body, the rugged good looks, and the bad boy image that the chicks seem to go wild for. Would be interested to here other peoples thoughts on this subject

Taty have more money and are having more success which just draws players there way. and moyston just seem to always find a way of gettng eagles players out there, dont no why. could be people dont wanna put the hard yards in

Ararat footy has had the same problems for 15-20 years. Many kids leave town to go to Uni or work and don't return. Those that do stay in town choose not to play due to work and those that can play good footy get offered big dollars by Tatyoon or Moy/Will.
Yep, not much changes in old Ararat

With all the talk of which teams will climb the ladder, who will slide ect, ect, ect, one important question has not been asked.

Who is the LPFL's sexiest player?

My money is on C/L young gun justin o'brien.

He has it all: the body, the rugged good looks, and the bad boy image that the chicks seem to go wild for. Would be interested to here other peoples thoughts on this subject

That doesn't surprise me that the ladies go wild for this young hunk, it obviously runs in the family. His Uncle Brendan (a.k.a Bluey) was well known for mixing it up with some of the sexiest ladies back in the 80’s, his charm, rippling muscles and killer dance movers made girls weak at the knees. I have heard People refer to Bluey as the Brad Pitt of the western plains.

I know Justin hasn't reached those heights just yet but keep up with the hair gel and those tight jeans and who knows you could be the next Bluey.

That doesn't surprise me that the ladies go wild for this young hunk, it obviously runs in the family. His Uncle Brendan (a.k.a Bluey) was well known for mixing it up with some of the sexiest ladies back in the 80’s, his charm, rippling muscles and killer dance movers made girls weak at the knees. I have heard People refer to Bluey as the Brad Pitt of the western plains.

I know Justin hasn't reached those heights just yet but keep up with the hair gel and those tight jeans and who knows you could be the next Bluey.

WAT the f@#k is wrong with u freaks defantly from carngham sikos probaly only play footy to shower with the boys after the games

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back