Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The LPFL is a long way off the CHFL as a league, individuals could step up to the better standard but i'll use Skipton as an example (as theyre the best in our league) would finish somewhere between 6th and 8th in the CHFL and would not be remotely competitive with the top 3, the only solution is that the VCFL does something as i can tell you this the BFL & CHFL dont want to know about the situation the LPFL are in as their leagues are getting stronger all the time with high player numbers and increasing crowds.....why would they want to know us & i dont blame them, the goldfields super league is a good idea & a great name too

The LPFL is a long way off the CHFL as a league, individuals could step up to the better standard but i'll use Skipton as an example (as theyre the best in our league) would finish somewhere between 6th and 8th in the CHFL and would not be remotely competitive with the top 3, the only solution is that the VCFL does something as i can tell you this the BFL & CHFL dont want to know about the situation the LPFL are in as their leagues are getting stronger all the time with high player numbers and increasing crowds.....why would they want to know us & i dont blame them, the goldfields super league is a good idea & a great name too

great point.. anyone with half a brain should know that even on a good day hepurn and daylesford are a better side than skipton. and as for the rest, i would say that rokewood would finnish 8 or 9 mark in the chfl, that is realistic.. carnghams good teams with poter etc would have also been around that 3rd 4th or 5th as skipton would now. but if these clubs want to be sucessful still, a merge with the mcdfl is the best result

Don't think the junior grades will match up in the Goldfields plan, VCFL will have to recommend something different. The MDFL don't want the LPFL as they have enough issues keeping their clubs going.

Don't think the junior grades will match up in the Goldfields plan, VCFL will have to recommend something different. The MDFL don't want the LPFL as they have enough issues keeping their clubs going.

The biggest 2 reasons that MCDFL clubs dont want to merge is that their competition is flourishing in its own right. But the major one is that most MCDFL clubs draw players from Maryborough and district and it will be difficult to compete with clubs that are situated so close to Ballarat.

MCDFL would take Natte and maybe Navarre, that would be it I would think.

I see stasse got reported in his first game at lexton. Was there much in it? Seems every year from as long as i can remember he gets reported. He has to be the biggest meat head going around these days.
Good to see illabarook showed some fight on sunday and in the end could count themselves a little unlucky signs arnt all bad at bulldog!

Hey hows that big elliot yovich been peforming?Got him coming upto the golden rivers league in the next month before clearances finish up he will be a handy pick up. 6foot8 blokes dont come round very often.He sounds real keen to for a change and a bit of extra coin is always handy.So can anyone tell me how he has been going.

Hi just like to know if anyone can lett me know how a fella who played for us is going at Ararat his name is Jibb he is a good lad just like to know if he is getting a kick, i know Ararat are finding it hard but good luck boys
By all accounts He is just starting to find his straps and going OK.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey hows that big elliot yovich been peforming?Got him coming upto the golden rivers league in the next month before clearances finish up he will be a handy pick up. 6foot8 blokes dont come round very often.He sounds real keen to for a change and a bit of extra coin is always handy.So can anyone tell me how he has been going.

you should no hows hes been performing if youve 'got him coming up to the golden rivers league'.. you dont just recruit blokes if you know nothing about their form or ability

I know the big fella has plenty of ability,I was just seeing if anyone could tell me how his form is.He will fit in nicely up here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw an interesting game of football yesterday. Lexton had about 18 scoring shots to C/L 2 by half time. C/L came home stronger in the second half, and could have won. Although, Lexton were probably the better side for the day and more than doubled C/L shots on goal. Lexton virtually stopped in the last quarter. C/L still have a good squad ( very different to years gone by, with many senior players being Uni students), but can't kick enough goals and have too many players not contributing consistently at the moment. Lexton can run the ball well, have some good tall backs and a very good ruck division, but still lack some tall forwards. They would be concerned about their lack of run after half time. Mosby was very, very good against his old side, Stasse won many taps and number 5 for Lexton was exciting to watch. For C/L, Templeton was hard at it all day and Wymess is an outstanding defender. C/L have Skipton then Navarre, a tough couple of weeks. It's a long year, and I am sure C/L will sign a couple before clearances close. Lexton were very pleased with their win and have more pace and spirit than previous years.

Nice artical in todays paper about the Skipton FC and racial vilification towards a u/14 boy. Well done Skipton, the club really seems to be on the right track.
You may be winning games but a what exspence? next time you go on a recruiting spree think of what else these players bring to your club. They may be able to play footy, but what about the scum that tag along with them to the games.
No wonder the local skipton people arn't happy.

Nice artical in todays paper about the Skipton FC and racial vilification towards a u/14 boy. Well done Skipton, the club really seems to be on the right track.
You may be winning games but a what exspence? next time you go on a recruiting spree think of what else these players bring to your club. They may be able to play footy, but what about the scum that tag along with them to the games.
No wonder the local skipton people arn't happy.

Spot on Donkeypunch. The people they recruit are very good players but shit people in general. The scum that they bring with them is the biggest disgrace in country football. I have heard other leagues talk about this exact topic. The locals are very unhappy with this trash that seems to support there club and its about time something happens. I can only hope they cop there right wack:thumbsdown:

Spot on Donkeypunch. The people they recruit are very good players but shit people in general. The scum that they bring with them is the biggest disgrace in country football. I have heard other leagues talk about this exact topic. The locals are very unhappy with this trash that seems to support there club and its about time something happens. I can only hope they cop there right wack:thumbsdown:

You blokes must be pretty close to the club. These are some fairly big statements, surely taking away all their points, a huge fine and public flogging by the "LOCALS" might get them back on track???

Maybe you wait until after the investigation before tarring a whole club with the same brush after an "alleged" incident. It seems there is a fair bit of jealosy in these comments as well. Carngham-Linton also get kicked for every little thing they do too due to them being so succesful as well. Obviously you haven't spoken to the so called 'locals'! Like all clubs they are ran by a committe which in all the clubs I have seen are full of locals and have a say over who is and isn't recruited. "The scum that they bring with them is the biggest disgrace in country football." Pull your head in have you spoken to everyteam in the 45 leagues in the VCFL? Big statements with no real merit!!!

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"McGinty" you sound like one of the skipton’s recruits or recruiters, try and ask the real locals for their response to the cash grabbers which have landed at the club this year. All they are out to do is fill their pockets and trophy cabinets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Carngham are disliked because they have been successful, not disrespectful they do seem to cop it and they seem to take it on the chin and not dibby dob like school kids. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No other club I have ever seen in LPFL have the same Sh*tbags Skipton have behind their goals every week , you must admit they have dragged the club down.

[/FONT]

How are the inter-league sides looking? (both under 19s and seniors)

Probably about the same in the seniors, I hear that K. Molloy may be out due to a wild elbow last Saturday.
As for the under 19's, there have been a fair few flee from the Bulldogs that would have been walk up starts, gone to another league.

[FONT=&quot]"McGinty" you sound like one of the skipton’s recruits or recruiters, try and ask the real locals for their response to the cash grabbers which have landed at the club this year. All they are out to do is fill their pockets and trophy cabinets.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Carngham are disliked because they have been successful, not disrespectful they do seem to cop it and they seem to take it on the chin and not dibby dob like school kids. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No other club I have ever seen in LPFL have the same Sh*tbags Skipton have behind their goals every week , you must admit they have dragged the club down.[/FONT]
Your not wrong there donkey, I was at Skiptons home game 2 weeks ago and the F$$K wits in the ute behind the goals were a disgrace, they threatened the goal ump and abused everyone that walked past, To the Skiptons credit they did have officials go and speak with them and it did seem to calm down.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

you should no hows hes been performing if youve 'got him coming up to the golden rivers league'.. you dont just recruit blokes if you know nothing about their form or ability

who is this guy going to be playing for in the GRFL nothing on the clearance sit as yet...why would he travel all the way from that neck of the woods every week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back