Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

z. thorne from lexton is shaping up to be the backman to beat this year; one goal against in the last two weeks as full back. what a horse.

i hear eamon johnson played in the back pocket on the weekend? he was described to me as a nuggety defender.. can anyone identify if he is now developing this as the next dimension of his game?

and how is joey burl from lexton going? aka the richo look a like

Are we bout to receive an apology from all the people who thought that skipton would never get rolled this season. let alone from lexton. Look out boys, this is exactly what lexton needs.... CONFIDENCE

Are we bout to receive an apology from all the people who thought that skipton would never get rolled this season. let alone from lexton. Look out boys, this is exactly what lexton needs.... CONFIDENCE

mate i didn't get to the game on saturday, but reading the paper skipton had half their side out. can you confirm this..... lexton was at full strength? i don't think skipton will be really worried about the defeat, it will just stop them going premiers and champions....
as for the sh#t they have behind the goals, have you heard some of rokewoods supporters. speaks for itself....

Watson, slater, riske, brown, molloy all out for skipton plus a couple ive prob forgotton. Still odds on favorite for the flag

by the way McKay addressed his side after the game it didn't sound as though they copped it on the chin. 4 points is still 4 points. true lexton nearly had their full strength but would that excuse stand up in the gf

6 Senior players out for skipton on Saturday. G Lench, J Risk, K molloy, C Browne, D George, A Slater. plust N Whatson playing his first game back in the 2's.

Good wake up call for the boys, but you can not seriously take anything out of that game. Lexton at full Strenght, Skipton at 60% just.

If that was lextons best then they should be worried, both sides at full strenght, Skipton would win by atleast 10 Goals.....EASY!!!!!!!!

6 Senior players out for skipton on Saturday. G Lench, J Risk, K molloy, C Browne, D George, A Slater. plust N Whatson playing his first game back in the 2's.

Good wake up call for the boys, but you can not seriously take anything out of that game. Lexton at full Strenght, Skipton at 60% just.

If that was lextons best then they should be worried, both sides at full strenght, Skipton would win by atleast 10 Goals.....EASY!!!!!!!!

:footy:
I do agree emus are very good side with those inclusions still favs,
keep an eye on those cleareances, Lecci still very active.

:footy:
My tip: Navarre knock off emus on sunday 10 points

TMG will win goal kicking this year, rumour has it Augustine is looking at lining up with Lexton next year? Any truth to this?

Watched TMG play yesterday against CL. Very poor performance from a leading goal kicker. Need to be able to kick goals in all types of conditions. I don't think he even had a kick?? Could be wrong on that quote..... TMG also needs to use his poor performance as a reason other than limping off injured. Don't get me wrong he is still a good player...
Leigh Russell was also a very good player for Rokewood yesterday, however CL wanted to ball more. Good players for CL were Aspland, Templeton and Clarke all standouts.
Augustine hasn't played for a few years, and I haven't even seem him at any Rokewood games recently. I thought he would be quiet handy in the Rokewood side. Has there been some dispute between Augustine and TMG??????:D

I have to agree with yoiu there Eromsil - Rokewood were outplayed by the smaller players and wet weather players of C/L . They did well considering that they had no tall players on the ground.
Augie has been in Canada for a few months - so wont be back this year. He would be old next year but would be good in the forward line with his long left foot. R/C are to TMG reliant and just need to go for goal and not look for him all of the time.
The Interleague game should be good - a lot closer than last year. Looks like the weather will be the same as last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well after venturing up to Maryborough yesterday i have to say it was a very dissapointing end to the day. The MCDFL played a much better brand of football and showed that when they have a proper team in that there league is much better than ours. If they had of kicked straight who knows how bad the damage could have been. Beaten in all areas i would have to say a big congratulations to there backline who made our very own forward line look slow and second rate at best. Molloy was his usual self but great footballers always are in the big games. As for Mullane Grant his knee must be a worrying thing for him cos i know 5 year olds who are faster and have a better leap than him. Tim Beacham was another one who was useless. Midfield smashed in second half, could be a time to bring in a new ruckman as the one on saturday looked lazy. With the rumours flying around on saturday who knows this league may never play interleague again. Which may be a good thing as this league looks to be getting weaker by the year and is dieing a slow death. One very dissapointed supporter :mad:

Well after venturing up to Maryborough yesterday i have to say it was a very dissapointing end to the day. The MCDFL played a much better brand of football and showed that when they have a proper team in that there league is much better than ours. If they had of kicked straight who knows how bad the damage could have been. Beaten in all areas i would have to say a big congratulations to there backline who made our very own forward line look slow and second rate at best. Molloy was his usual self but great footballers always are in the big games. As for Mullane Grant his knee must be a worrying thing for him cos i know 5 year olds who are faster and have a better leap than him. Tim Beacham was another one who was useless. Midfield smashed in second half, could be a time to bring in a new ruckman as the one on saturday looked lazy. With the rumours flying around on saturday who knows this league may never play interleague again. Which may be a good thing as this league looks to be getting weaker by the year and is dieing a slow death. One very dissapointed supporter :mad:
every point you mentioned was spot on, not sure how its all going to unfold regarding the restructure of the league but after watching ''the best" the lexton plains has to offer on saturday its a mile off even competing with the CHFL teams let alone winning games..embarrasing was saturdays effort in the senior game

The "best" was way off last year's effort. We had 8 teams to pick from - 7 clubs had representatives and MCDFL had 11 clubs to pick from with 10 clubs represented. The umpiring was average but you cant blame them for our poor showing. The ground was dry and hard with cooch grass.We had a few too many talls compared with MCDFL. That showed us up in the last 1/4 by doubling our score. I have to admit that the quality of players across our League (Skipton excluded) has dropped off in the last 2 years and the MCDFL has got a lot better.

Yes the MCDL won easily but LPFL won by 99 points last year in the wet. I am sure that the MCDL were very determined not to let that happen again. Interleague games are always quicker and more skilled than H&A matches so perhaps LPFL went in a bit top heavy.

What are everyone thoughts on the future of the league?

The report on WIN news last week suggested that Natte (MCDL) & Ararat (Mininera) want out. That leaves Navarre out in the cold (Horsham, North Central or MCDL) and the rest into the CHFL with 2 divisions.

The CHFL would then have 18 teams with 9 each division.

It seems to me that the VCFL will step in and make the final call. Would it work??!!!

The report on WIN news last week suggested that Natte (MCDL) & Ararat (Mininera) want out. That leaves Navarre out in the cold (Horsham, North Central or MCDL) and the rest into the CHFL with 2 divisions.

It seems to me that the VCFL will step in and make the final call. Would it work??!!!

The VCFL has to show some leadership and sort this problem out, as the clubs themselves cant do it for various political/stubborn reasons which is fair enough. It's going to be a very sensitive issue and some clubs will not be happy but they simply cant let the clubs fend for themselves and try and find their own solution.

In saying that, Im sure the VCFL will be fairly advanced on planning for this as the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

Natte will be in MCDL, could become a real power. Ararat to Mininera. Ararat will still find it difficult to compete with Tatyoon and Moyston coin, but probably best move. Navarre in a difficult position.

I personally think it will create great interest, excitement and rivalary for all. Natte and Ararat with friends and townships in their area.

The 2 division CHFL is also the way to go and will generate interest for all. The CHFL has a good comp for about 4 clubs, but the rest make up the numbers. The bottom 4 or 5 CHFL teams get a chance to be more competitive and win a premiership. And all clubs can strive for division 1. New teams in each division each year. New rivalries.

Last solution:
Lis/Derri
SMW Rovers
Tatyoon
Moyston
Eagles
Lake Bolac
Skipton
Illabrook
C/L
Lexton
Chokewood

If Central Highlands is made in to a 2 division comp put
lexton, Waubra and learmonth in the same division make it a rivalry group as what learmonth and Waubra would be
2 divisions seems to work as Picola & District up in the Goulburn Valley
has 2 divisions Navarre would be a big hike for Gordon, Ballan , springbank, dunnstown, Buninyong etc over 100ks it will be interesting to see what comes out of it being through a merger up in the Mallee back in 97 I know what its like to travel long distances after a while ya get use to long travel .

Very interesting article in the paper about the league and where it and the teams will end up. Any thoughts guys? Here are mine, i think it will be a great concept with 2 divisions. From the footy i have watched this year that being every week i feel skipton are the only club that could possibly play div 1. It also mentioned in the paper carngham and said forgiving there bad season. I think things have to be put into perspective here. Yes carngham have had some great sides and will go down as one of the most successful sides in lexton plains history but the team that they will front up with is here and now. They are no way competitive and will struggle for top 5 this year i feel even illabarook are better than them. So for there sake keep them away from div 1. On the other hand well done on them acknowledging that they may well change top and be happy with that. As for the lexton president commenting on not changing tops, the central highlands is cattering for us so i think your club should do what ever they have to to become apart of this new league. Considering you dont have any juniors im surprised they even want to take you on at all.Good luck to, to natte and ararat on there journey ahead any move to keep a club alive is a positive one! Over all though a great idea and may it go ahead sooner rather than later:thumbsu:

there will be some jumper changes eg Skipton and Bungaree both Melbourne colors Lexton and Springbank both Tiger colors
Carngham Linton same as Creswick the saints
wonder which way Navarre will go they would be better off in North Central Natte Bealiba for Maryborough Castlemaine with not far from Dunolly, maldon etc other wise its well over 100ks from Ballan, Gordon & dunnstown to Navarre

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back