Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Navarre would be in a difficult situation but I would think they would want to travel towards Melbourne more as it would be difficult to attract there Melb based players to N/Central or even Horsh Dist, perhaps MCDFL would be there best option as well... Skipton would go back to red & White wouldn't they or is someone already that colour??? Where some of these clubs would really struggle would be in junior comp U/18 as some if not most would have to have young players only 14 or less playing which is not what parents would want, them playing against men.

Navarre would be in a difficult situation but I would think they would want to travel towards Melbourne more as it would be difficult to attract there Melb based players to N/Central or even Horsh Dist, perhaps MCDFL would be there best option as well... Skipton would go back to red & White wouldn't they or is someone already that colour??? Where some of these clubs would really struggle would be in junior comp U/18 as some if not most would have to have young players only 14 or less playing which is not what parents would want, them playing against men.

something LIke Sydney style or Ararat something different
Carnham linton would have to change as well if Navarre came this way they might have to change as Gordons also Green and Gold and if Trentham from MCDFL also linked a Move to CH if they came instead of Navarre
would have to change as they are the Saints as well
so be alot of fiddling around

up in the mallee been through league mergers within a few years clubs dropped off either folding or merged or changed leagues

Navarres around 130 ks from most of the sides Melbourne side of Ballarat

its a shame this has to Happen to Lexton Plains merging with MCDFL would been a wrong move they might as well merged with Central Highlands

Very interesting article in the paper about the league and where it and the teams will end up. Any thoughts guys? Here are mine, i think it will be a great concept with 2 divisions. From the footy i have watched this year that being every week i feel skipton are the only club that could possibly play div 1. It also mentioned in the paper carngham and said forgiving there bad season. I think things have to be put into perspective here. Yes carngham have had some great sides and will go down as one of the most successful sides in lexton plains history but the team that they will front up with is here and now. They are no way competitive and will struggle for top 5 this year i feel even illabarook are better than them. So for there sake keep them away from div 1. On the other hand well done on them acknowledging that they may well change top and be happy with that. As for the lexton president commenting on not changing tops, the central highlands is cattering for us so i think your club should do what ever they have to to become apart of this new league. Considering you dont have any juniors im surprised they even want to take you on at all.Good luck to, to natte and ararat on there journey ahead any move to keep a club alive is a positive one! Over all though a great idea and may it go ahead sooner rather than later:thumbsu:

Agreed with C/L that you must go on current position. C/L will have a very strong team next year, with many top liners returning for the new league; and others coming with them. I am sure you will see Pring X 2, Hill, Waters and others back. However, if they are good enough they will only be in Div 2 for one year. Same for CHFL. Just take the bottom 4/5 teams from this year into Div 2.

Perhaps Skipton in Swans Jumper (original colors anyway)
Lexton in Hawthorn
Carngham/Linton & Trentham maybe Brisbane or Freo

In todays Ballarat Courier in Sport Section Lexton FC have reviled their new away Jumper yellow black claw marks with a tigers Head and with Words Lexton F.C Tigers should be fine against Springbank whos Black with a Yellow Sash but the socks will have to change.

Weekend Review-
Big games this weekend and big results.
C/L vs Ararat - Ladiges and Digger kicking 17 goals makes a big satement to the rest of the top 4 teams. Aspland BOG will go close for him to win League B&F
Natte vs Skip - close game and always hard to win at Natte.What happened there????
R/C vs Lex - nice new jumpers. No goals for R/C in the 1st Q but big 3rd Q and Lexton fading out. Also a report/red card for Lex player
Nav vs Illa - lot closer than predicted - with poor kicking for goal by Nav kept them in it. Will need to be more accurate in future.
Makes it interesting for next week with Lex vs Nav and Natte vs C/L . If C/L have the same team as today then they shoiuld consolidate 5th spot

Jason Hill in for C/L :eek:

Rapidly moving towards the last finals series for this league. Doesn't appear to be much between 2nd and 5th.

1. Skipton-still the best side with all players available and playing to potential. Still, can be top heavy and grand finals are always hard to win.

2. R/C-don't appear to be as strong as last year. Some good talls and a handy defence. Not sold on them. Probably be hanging another reserves flag in the pub.

3. Navarre-always promise a lot. Always injuries and excuses. Better list than last year. They expect to make the GF.

4. Lexton-keep on having a crack and should be happy with the progress they have made since last year.

5. C/L-never underestimate them. Have 5 wins, but 4 of them against Ararat and Natte. Will reserve judgement until later as they have :Lexton, Skipton, Navaree, Illabrook and Rokewood ahead of them. Expect them to improve as the year goes on.

Any thoughts?

Anyone from Ararat able to give us an insight into your future in the Mininera league next year?

Can you rebuild and attract locals to play in this competition? Will any past players return? Will it help your juniors? Will you be able to compete financially with Tatyoon and Moyston? Or does the club just lack support and good management?

I am sure Ararat, Tatyoon and Moyston would be a little concerned if the Eagles got things rolling in the right direction at Alexandra Oval.

You had 2 chances to build in the LPFL, 2004 and 2009, but players only stayed for one year. I hope you build some success in the Mininera:)

can anyone from skipton confirm that the ego's at the club have start to clash?
Have heard they have had some heated in-house meetings to try and sort it all out before finals?......

Anyone from Ararat able to give us an insight into your future in the Mininera league next year?

Can you rebuild and attract locals to play in this competition? Will any past players return? Will it help your juniors? Will you be able to compete financially with Tatyoon and Moyston? Or does the club just lack support and good management?

I am sure Ararat, Tatyoon and Moyston would be a little concerned if the Eagles got things rolling in the right direction at Alexandra Oval.

You had 2 chances to build in the LPFL, 2004 and 2009, but players only stayed for one year. I hope you build some success in the Mininera:)
I think that most people in Ararat (Not just the Eagles) believe their future is South of Ararat. History shows that over the last 10 Years that no-one in the town of Ararat have supported the LPFL.
They dont believe that teams like Rokewood, Skipton, C/Linton ETC,ETC have any links to Ararat where people from Taty, Mininera, Moyston, Willaura come to Ararat to spend their hard earned.
Local rivalries can be re-established playing against teams that are only 20 to 30 Km's away. Imagine the crowds at the big oval under lights against Taty or M/Willaura.
To answer your other question: only time will tell if they can attract former players or be competitive, Good luck to them for the future I have had an interest in the Eagles for the last few years and they have some really good kids playing, but when they seem to be heading in the right direction IE 2009 = 3 wins and several close loses, players get up and go to Tatyoon to probably play in a premiership (When they couldn't fire a shot in the LPFL). So good luck to them and all clubs within the LPFL for your future endeavours.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

can anyone from skipton confirm that the ego's at the club have start to clash?
Have heard they have had some heated in-house meetings to try and sort it all out before finals?......

I did some asking of some Skipton players about this and was told "Not at all"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Lexton Plains is finally finished as of this year. Ararat will go to the Mininera League and Natte and Navarre to MCDFL. With Navarre not happy as they want to get in to the Central Highlands but wont be able too. The rest of the clubs will go into the second division of a new 2 division Central Highlands League. Names for the new league has not been sorted as yet. But the big problem is that there will be no central admin and finals rotation but the leagues will be run in the Jurrasic style of delegates running the Leagues and the finals not sorted until a week b4 the finals. tHe winner of the flag at div 2 will have the option to move up to div one and will have to move up if htey win the flag 2 years in a row. Great idea.Oh well things may change.

Well the Lexton Plains is finally finished as of this year. Ararat will go to the Mininera League and Natte and Navarre to MCDFL. With Navarre not happy as they want to get in to the Central Highlands but wont be able too. The rest of the clubs will go into the second division of a new 2 division Central Highlands League. Names for the new league has not been sorted as yet. But the big problem is that there will be no central admin and finals rotation but the leagues will be run in the Jurrasic style of delegates running the Leagues and the finals not sorted until a week b4 the finals. tHe winner of the flag at div 2 will have the option to move up to div one and will have to move up if htey win the flag 2 years in a row. Great idea.Oh well things may change.

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with the Central Highlands admin mate. Do you have a vested interest in the Ballarat Hub?

No KR I don;t have a vested interest in the Hub. I believe that for any League/club sports club or business to be successful then they need to get with the modern era and have a CEO/President and an elected Board to run the league. This is how modern businesses run and all sports clubs and Leagues must be run now as bussines to be succesful thats all.

Don't you think the reason the CHFL is so successful and attracts the biggest crowds is because it is run by the clubs who all have a say in how the league operates. Employing a board is all good and well but they often lose sight of what the league is all about

Hey BP06 dont get me wrong I think that the CHFL is well run but in the LPFL and many other Leagues the Board is not paid and are volunteers and voted in via the clubs through the Deleagtes meetings. There is nothing worse than sitting around at meetings with In and Out Correspondence in all other dribs and drabs. The Board's main aim is to help get sponsorships, funding, assist with Interleague comps etc for the Clubs in that League.

I think that most people in Ararat (Not just the Eagles) believe their future is South of Ararat. History shows that over the last 10 Years that no-one in the town of Ararat have supported the LPFL.
They dont believe that teams like Rokewood, Skipton, C/Linton ETC,ETC have any links to Ararat where people from Taty, Mininera, Moyston, Willaura come to Ararat to spend their hard earned.
Local rivalries can be re-established playing against teams that are only 20 to 30 Km's away. Imagine the crowds at the big oval under lights against Taty or M/Willaura.
To answer your other question: only time will tell if they can attract former players or be competitive, Good luck to them for the future I have had an interest in the Eagles for the last few years and they have some really good kids playing, but when they seem to be heading in the right direction IE 2009 = 3 wins and several close loses, players get up and go to Tatyoon to probably play in a premiership (When they couldn't fire a shot in the LPFL). So good luck to them and all clubs within the LPFL for your future endeavours.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

A couple of good points there crazy, crowd wise for those local games should be good if it happens but members are the ones who have to vote, and they hav'nt lost that many players to Taty i think you will find that Moy/Will. have taken a lot more.

Back to the footy. How does everyone see the 2010 season finishing??

Bottom 3 are clearly Natte, Illabarook & Ararat - will not play finals

Skipton well clear on top and should play off in the Grand Final

That leaves Lexton, Rokewood, Navarre & Cargham/Linton to fight it out. These teams are all evenly matched and on their day can beat anyone. What are your thoughts on these teams and who will make it?

Well this is getting a bit stale not to many posts lately. Did any of the games on the weekend give away a lot of 50s after the write up by the umpires during the week in the courier?

The Skipton game had either 12 or 13 50 metre penalties and the Rokewood game had about 6 or 7. One good thing about going into the new League next year the players wont have to play with the horrible Burley's and will be playing with Sherrins. I also see that Justin Porter made a comeback in the seconds for Carngham and kicked a goal, I wonder how he will go in the next 2 games.

The Skipton game had either 12 or 13 50 metre penalties and the Rokewood game had about 6 or 7. One good thing about going into the new League next year the players wont have to play with the horrible Burley's and will be playing with Sherrins. I also see that Justin Porter made a comeback in the seconds for Carngham and kicked a goal, I wonder how he will go in the next 2 games.

Watching the Skipton game it seemed like there was a lot more than 12 or 13 and it really destroyed the spectacle of the game. Lexton kicked 5 of their 7 goals from 50 metre penalties (It was an absoloute joke really and umpire respect from crowd and players went the opposite way to what was intended. Supposed to be a match of FOOTBALL not a display of over umpiring).
From all reports Ports only played about 15mins. Kicked a point, took a hanger from the kick in (as well as smashing the pack) then kicked a goal. Next lead for the ball he rolled an ankle and left the ground. Bit of a shame for the league he didn't play the whole year. Will need to play the next two games to qualify for finals.

Watching the Skipton game it seemed like there was a lot more than 12 or 13 and it really destroyed the spectacle of the game. Lexton kicked 5 of their 7 goals from 50 metre penalties (It was an absoloute joke really and umpire respect from crowd and players went the opposite way to what was intended. Supposed to be a match of FOOTBALL not a display of over umpiring).
From all reports Ports only played about 15mins. Kicked a point, took a hanger from the kick in (as well as smashing the pack) then kicked a goal. Next lead for the ball he rolled an ankle and left the ground. Bit of a shame for the league he didn't play the whole year. Will need to play the next two games to qualify for finals.

I think you will find that Carngham Linton have already qualified Porter for the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back