Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 of a 16 round season?

So which game was played at Eureka stadium mate? There was 4 VFL games on the weekend 2 at Port and 2 at Box Hill. Stop talking shit.

You see what you've done here, don't you? I now question the reliability of Andy's assertion that the GF is being played at Eureka Stadium next Saturday.

The association's site has recently acquired a very detailed description of the times the GFs are to be played but, inevitably, makes no mention of the venue.

I'm beginning to think that the PR for the competition is run by the CIA. I know of few people better at keeping secrets.

Even though I once played for Lexton, I now live 270 kms away in South-West Gippsland. I've arranged to stay with my ex missus in Ballaarat on Saturday night. If I waste a journey to the wrong venue, there could be a precipitous death in the family, which we've taken great care to avoid over the past 37 years.

SO, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS, WHERE THE **** IS THE GRAND FINAL OF THE LEXTON PLAINS FOOTBALL LEAGUE BEING PLAYED ON SATURDAY 4TH OF SEPTEMBER 2010?

I thank you (anyone) profoundly, in not too optimistic anticipation.

Skipton back2back?
or the Lexton Tigers?

As a skipton man myself, i think we can beat the tigers, different team then the last game, im first to admit we went in way to tall.
we were slow, second to the footy and once again discipline got the better of us.
I believe we would have stolen the game if we had of won.

This Saturday we will be a faster, stronger and more determined than ever.
I think we will win, not by much but by enough!

C,mon EMUS!!

Skipton back2back?
or the Lexton Tigers?

As a skipton man myself, i think we can beat the tigers, different team then the last game, im first to admit we went in way to tall.
we were slow, second to the footy and once again discipline got the better of us.
I believe we would have stolen the game if we had of won.

This Saturday we will be a faster, stronger and more determined than ever.
I think we will win, not by much but by enough!

C,mon EMUS!!

Too tall and slow is right...why would Skipton have dropped Hind & Watson? Too slow in the forward line and when it was marked behinds were kicked. Hind is one of the quickest crumbing forwards in the league. Watson out Brown in...not going to quicken the team! If anything it would slow them down more!

To big and to slow changes need to happened firstly t.mckay out and hind in. Poor weather and no changes made will hand the premiership to lexton. I think poor weather and its all theres anyway play better as a team and stronger.

Round 21 of a 16 round season?

So which game was played at Eureka stadium mate? There was 4 VFL games on the weekend 2 at Port and 2 at Box Hill. Stop talking shit.
SHIT: That is all that Andyt30 ever talks!:eek:

Too tall and slow is right...why would Skipton have dropped Hind & Watson? Too slow in the forward line and when it was marked behinds were kicked. Hind is one of the quickest crumbing forwards in the league. Watson out Brown in...not going to quicken the team! If anything it would slow them down more!

If they were to BIG & SLOW last time, why the hell has McKay givin himself a game. He should be embarrassed. The Club is bigger than the coach. I hope his ego come back to bite him on the Ass!

If they were to BIG & SLOW last time, why the hell has McKay givin himself a game. He should be embarrassed. The Club is bigger than the coach. I hope his ego come back to bite him on the Ass!

Will be a few Skipton guys looking for a new homes next year after getting burnt this year! J McKay, Watson & Partridge to name a few!

Well what can I say .When was the last time that a Grand Final was cancelled. The GF will be held at the eureka/North Ballarat oval next Sunday. Bloody rain - I have had enough for the year. Bring on the sunshine

Will be a few Skipton guys looking for a new homes next year after getting burnt this year! J McKay, Watson & Partridge to name a few!

Such is life. Sides that make, or win GF, always have to make tough decisions. It's usually called depth. I think McKay and Partridge should be happy they have played so many senior games and been contributors. Both played no seniors last year. Watson is very unfit and carrying a few pies.

Well what can I say .When was the last time that a Grand Final was cancelled. The GF will be held at the eureka/North Ballarat oval next Sunday. Bloody rain - I have had enough for the year. Bring on the sunshine

Not a bad outcome for me though. Given the forecast, I decided not to travel. Hopefully, I'll be there next week. Thanks for the info., BTW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like the Courier has got the results incorrect?? Surely it must have been closer than this. Maybe the Lexton blokes were thinking about the lost money on flights and accommodation, the Gold Coast must have felt miles away..

It looks like the Courier has got the results incorrect?? Surely it must have been closer than this. Maybe the Lexton blokes were thinking about the lost money on flights and accommodation, the Gold Coast must have felt miles away..

no the Score was Correct I was at the game and I Took a photo of the scoreboard lexton did ok but fell away Skipton was way too good I Suspected Skipton would win it the Reserves was a nail biter though Skipton won by a goal nearly went to extra time the scores were Level with about 2 minutes to go Rokewood had chances to win .

no the Score was Correct I was at the game and I Took a photo of the scoreboard lexton did ok but fell away Skipton was way too good I Suspected Skipton would win it the Reserves was a nail biter though Skipton won by a goal nearly went to extra time the scores were Level with about 2 minutes to go Rokewood had chances to win .

Maybe you could post the photo of the scoreboard that you took on here? That would get tongues wagging. Did you manage to take any other photos on the day? The canteen queue or the goal umpires flags maybe?

Maybe you could post the photo of the scoreboard that you took on here? That would get tongues wagging. Did you manage to take any other photos on the day? The canteen queue or the goal umpires flags maybe?

dp99yhnp.png

haha or even maybe the flag pole....
But on a serious note did you get any of the two girls walking around with Riske written on there singlet tops?????

Big news of the week is that Lexton have applied to go to the Maryborough District Football League. Not having juniors would not help them in the Central Highlands. I think it will be a good fit as they wont have to travel far. Stuffs up the future of having 2 divisions in Central Highlands.
Good luck to them

providing its not just a Rumor started by journos like for ex Ararat Eagles when in the courier it said Minenera & District had voted against Ararat Coming in if I Recall when it was on the news the bloke said what ya read in the newspapers is False and clubs hadn't got any letters or voted against Ararat

the day the courier gets something actually Correct we'll all throw a party

providing its not just a Rumor started by journos like for ex Ararat Eagles when in the courier it said Minenera & District had voted against Ararat Coming in if I Recall when it was on the news the bloke said what ya read in the newspapers is False and clubs hadn't got any letters or voted against Ararat

the day the courier gets something actually Correct we'll all throw a party
Yeah its confirmed that their members voted to go to MCDFL rather than CHFL to renew some former rivalries. Means no byes in either competition if the applications are all successful.

Yeah its confirmed that their members voted to go to MCDFL rather than CHFL to renew some former rivalries. Means no byes in either competition if the applications are all successful.

yeah Thats if they get in also heard Illabarooks a bit iffy as well if they got enough volunteers to run the Club in 2011 so will have to wait and see
with what happens with either would suit ballan gorden clubs up that side not having to Travel to Lexton hopefully we'll find out soon
thats if MCDFL clubs want lexton in
they could do what CHFL used where some clubs play some clubs twice and some only play clubs once seems to work
even 18 team comp for chfl is still big enough 20 was a bit too big

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back