Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i never thought i'd see the day, but there's actually numbers at C/L pre-season this year! Usually when training starts (around Febuary) we'd see 5 to 10 blokes there right up until the season starts, but the boys have had an early start and there's been consistently 25 to 30!!!

If this keeps up the saints won't only be the most skillful side, they could also be close to the fitest!

I wouldn't even bother turning up if i was playin for rokewood or skipton and the like, its gonna be a Saints 3peat!!!!!!!

Well i never thought i'd see the day, but there's actually numbers at C/L pre-season this year! Usually when training starts (around Febuary) we'd see 5 to 10 blokes there right up until the season starts, but the boys have had an early start and there's been consistently 25 to 30!!!

If this keeps up the saints won't only be the most skillful side, they could also be close to the fitest!

I wouldn't even bother turning up if i was playin for rokewood or skipton and the like, its gonna be a Saints 3peat!!!!!!!
Yep your right, Money certainly buys the best loyalty.

Natte won't have any going to Rokewood. There are a number leaving the club and going into retirement.

The talk is that Nick Manley may be lining up for Natte-Bealiba this year to attempt to cover the losses of Natte's 2 forwards in Brad Ross and McNamee. He will travel with the coach Bennett from Elmore.
Thoroughbred, who were the blokes in the Natte 2's last year kicking the goals, will they play 1's? Thought they were too good, for 2's footy the day they played us.

Thoroughbred, who were the blokes in the Natte 2's last year kicking the goals, will they play 1's? Thought they were too good, for 2's footy the day they played us.

There was a car load of guys coming up from Melbourne. That Burns guy brought them up. I'm not sure of their names as there were 5 or 6 of them but they definitely were handy on the days that I saw. I'd say they would play senior footy this year if they are still at the club next year as Natte has lost all their firepower.

There was an ebay thing on this thread a while back where they put themselves on a mock ebay account. It might still be there!

There seems to be a direct correlation between Rob Waters coaching and premierships. The fact that he's not coaching makes me think the 3 peat is going to be difficult.

Very impressive numbers early though.

watched rokewood train recently, good numbers and looked a few new recruits that didn't reconise. augustine, biggs, begbie, douglas, bourke and few others looking fit, although a few other senior members of group need work. still questioning jmac as a coach there but time will tell, although it looked like gary wilson was still running the show... could anyone confirm who rokewood have picked up and what role does wilson have??????

tiges for 2008:thumbsu:

that's good news for c/l, but are the ones who are carrying a little weight such as ross waters, justin porter and a few others doing the work. I think it would be good for c/l to have a fit or even half fit porter and waters. May be about time.......

that's good news for c/l, but are the ones who are carrying a little weight such as ross waters, justin porter and a few others doing the work. I think it would be good for c/l to have a fit or even half fit porter and waters. May be about time.......

sorry to those blokes in previous posts, wasnt aware that robbie had the assisant job at north, my bad guys:thumbsu:, eromsil there is a very good chance ross wont be a carngham in 08, very good chance u'll be seeing him around echuca away, apparantyl the lifestyle and money was to good to pass up

eromsil there is a very good chance ross wont be a carngham in 08, very good chance u'll be seeing him around echuca away, apparantyl the lifestyle and money was to good to pass up
Out of his comfort zone (LPFL), better standard of footy, Have to tow the team line...... Love to see that

Out of his comfort zone (LPFL), better standard of footy, Have to tow the team line...... Love to see that
Your not the only one surprised mate, couldnt beleive it when i was told, be interesting to see how his temper goes up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be a direct correlation between Rob Waters coaching and premierships. The fact that he's not coaching makes me think the 3 peat is going to be difficult.

Very impressive numbers early though.

Not quite sure about that, i think the clubs won close to 20 premierships in seniors in the last 40 years, and shane young coached a flag in the LPFL a couple years before Robbie came. Will be interesting to see how the new blokes go tho.

Yep your right, Money certainly buys the best loyalty.

Nothing to do with money pal, the coaches have decided to only go after blokes who have played with the saints in the past this year.

Ray McCormack to return after being in Darwin for a few years

Damien Burns after returning from Mt Gambier

Trav Grigg from Daylesford who was a CL junior

Jake Pring from Daylesford whos played most of his senior footy with CL

Rob Mosby and Jimmy Templeton after a year or 2 with Redan 18s

dont think thats right boys,herd ross waters is going to play for apollo bay
been apointed assistant coach,its good mail strate from the top.............

Nothing to do with money pal, the coaches have decided to only go after blokes who have played with the saints in the past this year.

Ray McCormack to return after being in Darwin for a few years

Damien Burns after returning from Mt Gambier

Trav Grigg from Daylesford who was a CL junior

Jake Pring from Daylesford whos played most of his senior footy with CL

Rob Mosby and Jimmy Templeton after a year or 2 with Redan 18s

dont care where there been Mcormick,Burns,Grigg and Pring there washed up should go well running the drinks...........

dont think thats right boys,herd ross waters is going to play for apollo bay
been apointed assistant coach,its good mail strate from the top.............

well all the best to ross, i did know that he was living in geelong so thought echuca would be out of the question. might be good for him to have a crack at a higher level before he gets much older. c/l might have to hand the number 3 jumper to dave linane in a suprise come back- ?????

:confused::confused::confused:

dont care where there been Mcormick,Burns,Grigg and Pring there washed up should go well running the drinks...........

two of them played CHFL in premiership team 2007, burns hasn't play for 2 years but still would have him in side. mccormick if fit will kick 40 plus goals..... i will take them in my team for 2008... wake up man...:eek:

Natte won't have any going to Rokewood. There are a number leaving the club and going into retirement.

The talk is that Nick Manley may be lining up for Natte-Bealiba this year to attempt to cover the losses of Natte's 2 forwards in Brad Ross and McNamee. He will travel with the coach Bennett from Elmore.

Interesting, I heard the 25K negotiated was based on the players he said where certanties to pull on the Rokewood Guernsey. No Natte players has got to be embarassing for the youg fella. I hope he goes well, was an impressive effort first up as coach last year. :thumbsu:

There was a car load of guys coming up from Melbourne. That Burns guy brought them up. I'm not sure of their names as there were 5 or 6 of them but they definitely were handy on the days that I saw. I'd say they would play senior footy this year if they are still at the club next year as Natte has lost all their firepower.

Rumour has it that ”That Burns Guy” had a bit of a falling out at one of Natte’s social days to finish of the season.

Not sure if he will be going back. Don’t know if his mates will be returning if that is the case?

Interesting, I heard the 25K negotiated was based on the players he said where certanties to pull on the Rokewood Guernsey. No Natte players has got to be embarassing for the youg fella. I hope he goes well, was an impressive effort first up as coach last year. :thumbsu:

Actually I think had he gone to Dunolly, Talbot or Royal Park he would have taken a lot from Natte. He and Rokewood would never have expected anyone to travel from Natte to Rokewood every week. It was bad enough having to go there once a season from this district.

Rumour has it that ”That Burns Guy” had a bit of a falling out at one of Natte’s social days to finish of the season.

Not sure if he will be going back. Don’t know if his mates will be returning if that is the case?

Chris Jardine back for Natte is a massive plus. He may have some pull from Castlemaine seeing he was their Captain. He is a proven major league player and will dominate in the LPFL.

Actually I think had he gone to Dunolly, Talbot or Royal Park he would have taken a lot from Natte. He and Rokewood would never have expected anyone to travel from Natte to Rokewood every week. It was bad enough having to go there once a season from this district.

James is not on much of a pay packet at Rokewood. He went there because it was close to Brat where he is based and sees a good chance of a flag there. Rokewood are recruiting well and look strong for next year. James does not need to recruit too many from Natte to field a strong team this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back