Lexton Plains Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu:Lexton defeated Clunes comfortably in a practise game today by about 40 points over six quarters. All recruits played well including Allan, Smith and Mark Shaw. Few more to add next week V Newlyn so it looks as if we will be a little more competitive this year. No injuries from either side. From what it's worth Clunes appeared undermanned and were very young.
Cheers

OSB, Navarre actually beat C/L last year in Rd 3

They did too. Senior moment boys sorry.:eek:

But yeah, 3 of 5 wins were against Ararat so that's not really anything to write home about.

My point being both teams were a long way off the pace and CL for the first 4 rounds were not their usual selves and when it came down to the business end of the year, the results speak for themselves.

Navarre played Tatyoon in a practice match 6 quarters i believe, scores were Navarre 22 goals to Tatyoon 5. All recruits played well with 4 or 5 that didnt play!

Interesting results i think. Well done to Navarre and Lexton, cleary on their way up. A guy told me that Skipton encountered a tough day at the office at the expense of Dunnstown. Also heard there were a few other praccy's played but haven't heard results or who they were against.

I don't know if I read, Wella22's post clearly or not, but I think I read it a lot clearly than you t08199883. Seems to me he was only pointing out what he had read on the MDFL forum, and definately not stating this to be a fact. As for bagging out other leagues, I must have missed that part as well. Providing his opinion that the LPFL is a stronger league, does not mean he was bagging another league.

Speaking of numb nuts, the LPFL has eight teams not seven as you incorrectly stated. Which league is stronger is irrelevant in this particular post (please feel free to debate me any time on that issue!), however if there is any truth to the fact 5 MDFL teams are struggling to field reserves, this is a major concern for that league. Maybe you should focus your energy on addressing this issue and its potential consequences,rather than having a go at someone who is contributing to this forum with some relevant and interesting points and information.

Yeh fair call Craig, i overrecated a bit, just having a bad day and vented frustration through the wrong medium. My apologies to wella22. I agree 5 reserves missing would be of great concern, however, i don't think that will be the case or better yet hope it's not the case. Time will tell.

Interesting results i think. Well done to Navarre and Lexton, cleary on their way up. A guy told me that Skipton encountered a tough day at the office at the expense of Dunnstown. Also heard there were a few other praccy's played but haven't heard results or who they were against.

These results could be wrong but i heard Dunnstown Defeated skipton by 100 points (what i was told!!!) and Creswick defeated Illabarook by about 40 points.

Carngham Linton played Ballan at Ballan. Scores were C/L 14.11 to Ballan 10.10. Ballan were lucky to get that close as they kicked 3 goals in 'junk' time, the last 5 minutes of the game. C/L had a lot of senior players out so it was an extremely good effort by all the guys who played. In my opinion best players were Travis Grigg as a focal point in attack, Jake Pring, James Raynor, Duane Bodey, James Templeton and Ryan Pridham. Was a really good team effort though and the players who miss out in round 1 should consider themselves unlucky. Credit to the coaching staff to give a lot of the young players a go and they all performed admirably. Reserves had a big win against a very undermanned Ballan team and played well though will also be bolstered by players returning from the seniors and players who weren't available. Apparently having an intra club game next Saturday at Linton.

Travelled out to Rokewood yesterday to watch what i thought would be a competitive game between Rokewood and Bannockburn. Rokewood looked very undermanned, can anyone from Rokewood report on what happened? When i left Bannockburn were leading by 10 goals plus....

Navarre played Tatyoon in a practice match 6 quarters i believe, scores were Navarre 22 goals to Tatyoon 5. All recruits played well with 4 or 5 that didnt play!
Tatyoon had 8 players out. Navarre had four I was told but they also had 3 Nth Ballarat Roosters playing for them!! But Navarre looked impressive. Martin will be a hard man to beat in the ruck this year. Devery at FF kicked a few and they are waiting on their 6'7' forward to get cleared so could surprise a few teams this year

Carngham Linton played Ballan at Ballan. Scores were C/L 14.11 to Ballan 10.10. Ballan were lucky to get that close as they kicked 3 goals in 'junk' time, the last 5 minutes of the game. C/L had a lot of senior players out so it was an extremely good effort by all the guys who played. In my opinion best players were Travis Grigg as a focal point in attack, Jake Pring, James Raynor, Duane Bodey, James Templeton and Ryan Pridham. Was a really good team effort though and the players who miss out in round 1 should consider themselves unlucky. Credit to the coaching staff to give a lot of the young players a go and they all performed admirably. Reserves had a big win against a very undermanned Ballan team and played well though will also be bolstered by players returning from the seniors and players who weren't available. Apparently having an intra club game next Saturday at Linton.

Practise match form means nothing but I wouldn't read much into a win against a team that will most likely finish bottom 3 in the CHFL this year and that were (from all reports) missing a dozen or so of their best. Including Hayden Cartledge who may be the most popular man in Ballan at the moment!!!!!!!!

Tatyoon had 8 players out. Navarre had four I was told but they also had 3 Nth Ballarat Roosters playing for them!! But Navarre looked impressive. Martin will be a hard man to beat in the ruck this year. Devery at FF kicked a few and they are waiting on their 6'7' forward to get cleared so could surprise a few teams this year

Cant take practice matches as a true guide. Tatyoon didnt have any of their starting on-ballers play. They will be alright this year though. i wouldnt take devery form on anything he was only playing on a young two's player.

I like the tipping comp, i will even put up odds and everyone can have fantasy bets and well keep a running total. We could do it that everyone starts with $100 or $1000 or something and the person with the highest come finals wins. Old School i don't know how to start threads but i could do something similar to what you're saying if directed...

One last thing, I have followed this league for quite a while and today a name poped up that rang my bell. A Trevor Field has put in a transfer to Natte? Can someone tell me if this is the guy with a crook neck or is it a relation of his or a total coincedence?

I'll start the 2 threads up Big Chill. A tipping and a betting. Great idea on the betting one too.

I would have thought the Trevor Field that graced the LPFL for the Avoca years would have long retired now. I thought it might be his son or something but it sounds as if it is that guy.

Natte should possibly consider entering a super rules team at the rate they are going.;) Rumor has it McMasters is an older fellow too. There shouldn't be any lack of experience this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practise match form means nothing but I wouldn't read much into a win against a team that will most likely finish bottom 3 in the CHFL this year and that were (from all reports) missing a dozen or so of their best. Including Hayden Cartledge who may be the most popular man in Ballan at the moment!!!!!!!!
Yeh thats probably right, merrigan but before you go flogging your mouth of :mad:c/l had about 10 players playing under 20, and had about 7 new recruits running around aswell wich all played well, but will take some time to settle in:thumbsu: they had there own outs wich include braith nunn (Captain) J.Porter C.Ladiges J.Burt M.Verdoorn, 4 of there starting forwards from last years grand final, R.Greenbank one of the best on ballers in the league, would be the best small forward for sure, D.Burns R.McCormack, to new recruits this year that will be walk up starters, so things r looking good for the one's and the two's, to have a crack at the double.:thumbsu: as for cartledge, from a good source he will not be back at ballan this year so you can hardly call him an out:eek:

I heard McCormack didn't play in the pratice match against Ballan cause he was scared of Wilkinson and his mates after an incident when he was playing with Buninyong. If it's true he is weak as pi** and they don't want blokes like that at Carngham.

I'll start the 2 threads up Big Chill. A tipping and a betting. Great idea on the betting one too.

I would have thought the Trevor Field that graced the LPFL for the Avoca years would have long retired now. I thought it might be his son or something but it sounds as if it is that guy.

Natte should possibly consider entering a super rules team at the rate they are going.;) Rumor has it McMasters is an older fellow too. There shouldn't be any lack of experience this year!

Rest assured OSB Trevor can still find the footy. Is slowing down but is still moving all right especially for a bloke his age.

Fair call King. Old Trev was more than handy for Natte on the weekend, all be it against average opposition. Still finds plenty of it for a bloke who must be pushin 40. Not too many fears about them being old from the bit I saw......had plenty of kids runnin round and most of them go well. Apparently had a few new faces and some more rumored to be comin next week. They will need em too judging by the activity on the transfer page. Plenty happening as it gets close!!!

Yes it all seems to be happening now, as it draws close the excitment builds. Plenty of non appoved clearances still pending which make you wonder if all the clubs will be full strength for round one. Lexton seem to be going from strength to strength with more players signing. Top stuff guys, it will be good to see Lexton improve in the one and twos as they dropped off a lot last year.

Good to get a review of all the practice matches that happened on the weekend. From what it seems there were a couple of good wins! Dunnstown over Skipton came as a big surprise, must have played a lot of kids or something surely.

On another note I snuck down to have a look at one of the clubs i heard were training in ballarat tonight. I arrive to see a heap of blokes heading off running off in different directions in groups that came back to do sprints every so often. No joke i was there for one hour and the first 35 to 45 mins consisted of non stop running. Pure madness this close to round one IMO!

The reason Dunnstown played Skipton was because Box said C/L were to rough, pathetic excuse from BOX:thumbsdown: C/L have played Dunnstown every preseason for like the last 8 years that i can remember. Have never had a injury or seen anyone belted up on the field. Piss weak Box, good coaching mate good luck against the Hepburns,etc :thumbsu:YOUR OLD MAN WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOU:eek: How do you beat Dunnstown this year?? Tell them its going to be a physcial game and the coach wont even turn up:D I'm just pissed off cause my mob had to play them and got a flogging, not the ideal start with 2 weeks or so to go.

There could be some big news coming out of the CL direction if my mail is correct and my mailman plays a big part in that club.

I'm actually surprised it has not surfaced yet.

OSB, credit is due to your early mail on this, there has obvioulsy been a smokescreen for the past few months until J Hill was ready to make the move and not disrupt any recruiting and pre season training, You have earned yourself 5 stars for this one. Well done.

OSB, credit is due to your early mail on this, there has obvioulsy been a smokescreen for the past few months until J Hill was ready to make the move and not disrupt any recruiting and pre season training, You have earned yourself 5 stars for this one. Well done.

I'll accept the kudos but this news was out there when I posted it. CL have started many a rumour though the past few seasons and many saw this one as no different.

The reason Dunnstown played Skipton was because Box said C/L were to rough, pathetic excuse from BOX:thumbsdown: C/L have played Dunnstown every preseason for like the last 8 years that i can remember. Have never had a injury or seen anyone belted up on the field. Piss weak Box, good coaching mate good luck against the Hepburns,etc :thumbsu:YOUR OLD MAN WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOU:eek: How do you beat Dunnstown this year?? Tell them its going to be a physcial game and the coach wont even turn up:D I'm just pissed off cause my mob had to play them and got a flogging, not the ideal start with 2 weeks or so to go.

IM NOT 100% SURE BUT I THINK THE MAIN REASON SKIPTON AND DUNNSTOWN PLAYED WAS A MARK OF RESPECT TO A FORMER PLAYER OF BOTH CLUBS THAT DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN THE OF SEASON.THERE WAS A MINUTES SILENCE BEFORE THE GAME,SO I WAS TOLD I HERD MOLLOY WENT OK SKIPTON PLANNED ON RESTING HIM BUT HAD TO PLAY HIM BECUASE THEY WERE GETTING A FLOGGING.SKIPTONS COACH IS A FORMER PREMIERSHIP PLAYER AT DUNNSTOWN,SO I GUESS HE WOOD NO A LOT OF THE DUNNSTOWN BLOKES.IT WOOD BE GOOD TO HERE FROM SOMEONE FROM SKIPTON THAT MIGHT HAVE SEEN THE GAME.MY SOURCE TOLD ME SKIPTON HAD A REASONABLE SIDE ON PAPER BUT WERE NOT AS FLEET FOOTED AS DUNNSTOWN

See in the Courier today that SMW Rovers have lodged an expression of interest to play in the Lexton Plains next year. Personally I hope that they do get the chance to play in this comp as I believe the lexton plains does need another few teams to give it more credibility in the eyes of people from outside the comp(eg central highlands, BFL). I would think most or all of the southern clubs would be more than happy for them to come though I am not sure if teams like Navarre and natte would be that keen - you guys from up that way please let us know what you think.

See in the Courier today that SMW Rovers have lodged an expression of interest to play in the Lexton Plains next year. Personally I hope that they do get the chance to play in this comp as I believe the lexton plains does need another few teams to give it more credibility in the eyes of people from outside the comp(eg central highlands, BFL). I would think most or all of the southern clubs would be more than happy for them to come though I am not sure if teams like Navarre and natte would be that keen - you guys from up that way please let us know what you think.

I'd say that it would be a gimme that the LPFL would happily accept Rovers in, and yes it would certainly strengthen the league. I think this is just the first step in the breakup of the Mininera League, as other clubs will possibly follow Rovers lead. I think with the breakup of the MDFL, along with Rovers, the Lexton League would get Tatyoon, Bolac, Moyston, at the very least.
This of course is not going to benefit all clubs, but the only club I see leaving the LPFL if this was to be the case would be Natte, who may head to Maryborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back