All Australian
Jun 18, 2008
ararat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne storm
Re: lexton plains under 17s thread

Are there any big recruits out navarre way, heard a few from great western might head out and play 17's out there is there any truth to this, and will navarre have the side to make it four in row:eek:

C/L will be the team to beat next year IMO.

Carry on some of their big names and making the grandfinal this year will give them a lot of confidence for next year

yeah by the sounds of it C/L will be good next year. but i think we will be a team to look out for as well, we've only lost 4 players from this year and by the sounds of it will have a few more good players filling their places. and i'll be back after a year off from injury (even though i probably don't have an impact on the game anyway) could be a repeat of the 06 under 14's season with a C/L illabarook granny

yeah by the sounds of it C/L will be good next year. but i think we will be a team to look out for as well, we've only lost 4 players from this year and by the sounds of it will have a few more good players filling their places. and i'll be back after a year off from injury (even though i probably don't have an impact on the game anyway) could be a repeat of the 06 under 14's season with a C/L illabarook granny

Only losing 4 players it may happen like that then.

The dogies were probably a grandfinal fit side just didnt cut it getting there.

C/L will be the team to beat next year IMO.

Carry on some of their big names and making the grandfinal this year will give them a lot of confidence for next year

very true big hawk i would also throw illabarook in to them and along with cargnham lose very little plaerys from this years sides and they will be very hard to beat next year. Also navarre should be there abouts again you can never right them off. maybe rokewood will again with some recruiting be up there again and there eagles losing alot of players but gain about a dozen from the under 14's

yeah that is a good point

how are the eagles looking for next season, any new players heading out there?

yeah not sure yet player wise they have probaly got about 16 players at the moment with about 11 or 12 of them coming out of the under 14's but they will pick up after christmas when every body gets back into it. They have named the coach so things aren't looking to bad, but alot more recruitng will need to happen for themk to be competitive:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno yet mate

There is a family bbq or sumtin next sundy and i think pre-season starts that week..

When yous blokes put the boots back on?

oh yeah wats that a meet the coach thing or something? yeah dunno when we start i will be in a couple of weeks though wouldn't think we would be far of from starting

To elaborate, things are looking very good down Illabarook’s way.
As previously stated, they lose 4 players, but pick up more than they lost (that's if everybody that's eligible to play next season stays with the club).
The Illabarook committee has had a change too, with a new club president coming over from Skipton.
The only trouble so far is the fact there has not been a coach named for them.

Rumour has it that Wayne Kalisperis and Andrew Barclay will be applying for a joint coaching role.

With those 2 in control of the side, they bring over 50 years of experience, Illabarook COULD be a well built unit with skill and fitness that will back each other up like family.

This is Illabarook’s best chance at a flag they've had since the previous (which was in about 1990), and if they can't capitalize it's a grand opportunity wasted.

To elaborate, things are looking very good down Illabarook’s way.
As previously stated, they lose 4 players, but pick up more than they lost (that's if everybody that's eligible to play next season stays with the club).
The Illabarook committee has had a change too, with a new club president coming over from Skipton.
The only trouble so far is the fact there has not been a coach named for them.

Rumour has it that Wayne Kalisperis and Andrew Barclay will be applying for a joint coaching role.

With those 2 in control of the side, they bring over 50 years of experience, Illabarook COULD be a well built unit with skill and fitness that will back each other up like family.

This is Illabarook’s best chance at a flag they've had since the previous (which was in about 1990), and if they can't capitalize it's a grand opportunity wasted.

Great post, sure it would be wasted if you did not capatilize but who knows who the other clubs recruit. i guess we will see next year when it all starts again

i really hope not

it's about time a different team won a premiership haha

yeah very true some one different would be nice for a change
Surely some of you guys remember who won the 4 flags before Navarre's current streak-Ash you would have been playing during some of that i think. Carngham won 4 on the trot (beat us once, Avoca twice and Rokewood once I think)-so in 7 years, we've had 2 premiers. I'm happy to see the hoppers go round again

Surely some of you guys remember who won the 4 flags before Navarre's current streak-Ash you would have been playing during some of that i think. Carngham won 4 on the trot (beat us once, Avoca twice and Rokewood once I think)-so in 7 years, we've had 2 premiers. I'm happy to see the hoppers go round again

Yeah i remember:thumbsdown: we got beaten at linton by rokewood when Rok and all that were playing and then a week later rokwood beat you at our ground to make ot into the grand final. and ever since then the under 17's has been all about navarre, so i think its about time we had a change, an eagles premiership would be the go:thumbsu: lol

I really cannot see Navarre going 4 in a row without Aiden Lee at the helm, if the rumors are true and Aiden does leave then i really believe that Navarre will be struggling to find players! With 11 or 12 being to old and only 2 or 3 coming up out of the u/14s then they look to be in strife. This season Speedy went out of his way to find 14 or 15 new players because the same thing happened last season and he found them very easily from what I've been told, this is because he is so young and gets along with everyone!
Next season if Speedy isn't coaching i cannot see the likes of Robert Vaughan and possibly even Daniel Reading returning which leaves a great hole in the Navarre midfield!
This is only my opinion and i have only based this from what i have been told!
For the sake of Navarre i hope he stays to win the magical 4 in a row!!!
What does everyone else think about this?

I really cannot see Navarre going 4 in a row without Aiden Lee at the helm, if the rumors are true and Aiden does leave then i really believe that Navarre will be struggling to find players! With 11 or 12 being to old and only 2 or 3 coming up out of the u/14s then they look to be in strife. This season Speedy went out of his way to find 14 or 15 new players because the same thing happened last season and he found them very easily from what I've been told, this is because he is so young and gets along with everyone!
Next season if Speedy isn't coaching i cannot see the likes of Robert Vaughan and possibly even Daniel Reading returning which leaves a great hole in the Navarre midfield!
This is only my opinion and i have only based this from what i have been told!
For the sake of Navarre i hope he stays to win the magical 4 in a row!!!
What does everyone else think about this?

I guess that would be up to speedy weather or not he wants to stay at the club, i heard he and a few others were heading to st arnaud but i'm not sure weather that is true or not, he did a great job this year as a first year coach other than being assitant and i think he did a great job and should have another crack

I guess that would be up to speedy weather or not he wants to stay at the club, i heard he and a few others were heading to st arnaud but i'm not sure weather that is true or not, he did a great job this year as a first year coach other than being assitant and i think he did a great job and should have another crack

Have heard a few rumours of late that there could be 3 or 4 stawell boys making the trip out to Navarre next season, apparently not very happy in stawell from what ive been told! That will help out the depleting Hoppers side out a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton plains under 17s thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back