Lexton plains under 17s thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard a few rumours of late that there could be 3 or 4 stawell boys making the trip out to Navarre next season, apparently not very happy in stawell from what ive been told! That will help out the depleting Hoppers side out a lot.

haha i really think its about time someone other than navarre of carngham won the under 17 flag. Name some names lightning:thumbsu:

haha i really think its about time someone other than navarre of carngham won the under 17 flag. Name some names lightning:thumbsu:

Ha i think i no who he is talking bout, i wouldnt name names until its official jus 2 b safe! Hav u heard anythin bout the league changing it 2 u/17 and a halfs, apparently there is or was a meeting bout it sumtime soon!

Ha i think i no who he is talking bout, i wouldnt name names until its official jus 2 b safe! Hav u heard anythin bout the league changing it 2 u/17 and a halfs, apparently there is or was a meeting bout it sumtime soon!

Haha riteo then. Yeah i heard something about that the other day and i was asked how that would affect the team we had this year and i haven't heard nothing since, What have you heard and if it did go to under 17 and a half how would that affect your team asafa:thumbsu:

Ok, so here's a hypothecial. If the league does change its age groups to u/14 and a halfs, and u/17 and a halfs, will we still have the same teams playing from this year, or will some teams still lose a couple of important players due to age?

Ok, so here's a hypothecial. If the league does change its age groups to u/14 and a halfs, and u/17 and a halfs, will we still have the same teams playing from this year, or will some teams still lose a couple of important players due to age?

most teams will lose at least one or two plays..

So is it gonna be under 17's or under 17's and a half? I got told by someone a bit over a week ago that it was changed to under 17's and a half, but I dunno...

As far as i know it hasn't changed yet but aparantly they are holding a vote sometime in the near future, but i think it would be better for the league if it went to under 17 and a half. wat does everyone else think

As far as i know it hasn't changed yet but aparantly they are holding a vote sometime in the near future, but i think it would be better for the league if it went to under 17 and a half. wat does everyone else think
Ok thanks. I reckon it will happen eventually but I'm not sure that they'd change it so soon. I would've expected it to change maybe in 2010 or 2011, although I've heard that they've been talking about doing it for a while now. A bit slack of the league to not even update their website letting everybody know that there is an upcoming vote on the situation. The site doesn't have any info on the situation at all...

Personally speaking it would be great to give a lot of players the chance to have another year of juniors and would obviously mean the competition would be of a higher standard this year than if it just stayed under 17's. Although some players would still be too old so that sort of sucks. Plus from an Eagle's perspective, we've already lost a couple of our top players from last years 17's so there would still be some big holes to fill.

Those are my thoughts anyway, can't speak for the other clubs since I'm not sure who they would lose/keep if the competition was to undergo the change. It'd be good if it happened but I won't be too worried or shocked if it doesn't.

Personally speaking it would be great to give a lot of players the chance to have another year of juniors and would obviously mean the competition would be of a higher standard this year than if it just stayed under 17's.

In my opinion, no matter what happens, the standard of the league is going to drop no matter what, because even if it does change to 17.5 there will still be players too old, plus people that have retired from the league itself.

But in saying that, with the new 14's coming up, in another year or so when they mature and experience the next level, the standard will rise back to where it was, and possibly higher.

In my opinion, no matter what happens, the standard of the league is going to drop no matter what, because even if it does change to 17.5 there will still be players too old, plus people that have retired from the league itself.

But in saying that, with the new 14's coming up, in another year or so when they mature and experience the next level, the standard will rise back to where it was, and possibly higher.

Personally i think it would be a great thing, because the league will benefit no doubt with most clubs retaining most of there juniors so that they can player another year of juniors and having another kick around with there mates before they take the next level to seniors and reserves:thumbsu:

I already mentioned that it my post, but not the bit you quoted. I know a few players will still be too old or leave the league, but of course the league would be of a higher quality than if it stayed under 17's. I never said it would be exactly the same quality as last year.

You'd think the league would have made a decision one way or the other by now, I know there's still nearly 3 months left till seasons start but I thought they would have made up their mind before everybody was midway through their pre season. I'd be surprised if it does change this year.

I already mentioned that it my post, but not the bit you quoted. I know a few players will still be too old or leave the league, but of course the league would be of a higher quality than if it stayed under 17's. I never said it would be exactly the same quality as last year.

You'd think the league would have made a decision one way or the other by now, I know there's still nearly 3 months left till seasons start but I thought they would have made up their mind before everybody was midway through their pre season. I'd be surprised if it does change this year.

Yeah very true who knows they may of made up there mind just haven't let it out yet:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah very true who knows they may of made up there mind just haven't let it out yet:thumbsu:
dont think it has Peter Pan. Who did you find that from. Spoke to an executive last week and the voting was even but one club was threating to go further so it didnt cum in!!!!!

So who are all the coaches for the season ahead?
I've heard Nic Murphy and Stewy Reading are coaching Navarre after lee & gaffneys departure!
Someone Stewart is the eagles coach, correct?

former redan leading goal kicker in the juniors, hayden budds, has moved to C/L.
his about 190cm, and fairly solid. got a good set of hands on him.
and a very accurate kick.
valuable pick up for C/L 17s.

Only about a month until the season starts, how are teams looking for numbers so far? from what i've heard natte and lexton will be struggling to fill a team each.

on a side note, who are players that we will have to look out for this season?

Yeah steve stewart is the coach and daniel foster is the under 14 coach

steve stewart is a mut, not worth pissing on, ringing round all the ararat rats u/17 footballers telling porky pies trying to start shit between them so they will come play under him, the ******* couldnt attract players the moral way his gotta start shit. i hear a coaching job is going with the McGregor house all stars, he should put in for it, their brain capacity suits him much better. prob have a head start on all the other applicants too cos snakes sperm donor

Only about a month until the season starts, how are teams looking for numbers so far? from what i've heard natte and lexton will be struggling to fill a team each.

on a side note, who are players that we will have to look out for this season?
will rokewood also be struggling to get numbers?

o'brien boys, will dominate the league, no doubt.

Haha massive, they are pretty good, but that's a big call.
If the o'briens had to go in and fetch their own ball, and not always have it passed to them, they wouldn't be half as good

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton plains under 17s thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back