Lexton plains under 17s thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rokewood just got on top of natte winning by i think 8 points.
Darcy laffens running just cut us up through the middle. Good game though.

Darcy laffan is a super star, running the lines like he does, kicking goals from center half back. He would be up there with the quickest in the league if not the quickest.
Now can anyone tell me about Budds from C/L is the news true??

Darcy laffan is a super star, running the lines like he does, kicking goals from center half back. He would be up there with the quickest in the league if not the quickest.
Now can anyone tell me about Budds from C/L is the news true??

If your talking about the broken ankle thing, he played a full game on the weekend so i doubt it's true

quite easily.

Nicko could kick 10 goals playing at full back

Nicko would single-handedly destroy any other team in the league. With him, CL would shit in the premiership

I feel embarresed for nick, there is no doubt at all that he is one of the top 16 year olds in the state and that isnt debatable. but the way c/l carry on about how he is worth 70-100 points is rubbish. And even if c/l can get over rookewood this weekend i dont think he will play any way.

Nicko could kick 10 goals playing at full back
Talk it up! I have no doubt Nick is a good footballer but personally i think his a little over rated.
Also just thought i would throw this in, i went to both the game saturday and sunday, If Carngham play the way they did on saturday in the pre-lim they have no hope against Rokewood corindhap. But we will see... Players to watch for this game will obviously be Nick, rorry Nunn Jock coutts and from rokewood Number 6, 5, 2, 7 and 12 up in the forward line.

Talk it up! I have no doubt Nick is a good footballer but personally i think his a little over rated.
Also just thought i would throw this in, i went to both the game saturday and sunday, If Carngham play the way they did on saturday in the pre-lim they have no hope against Rokewood corindhap. But we will see... Players to watch for this game will obviously be Nick, rorry Nunn Jock coutts and from rokewood Number 6, 5, 2, 7 and 12 up in the forward line.

just for the record im not from c/l
He's deffinenty not overrated!!
he only kicked 24 goals in 4 games for the patties 1st in the herald sun shield , as a year 10 and has already played a handful of games for c/l seniors and the rebels (as initially being a player in the u/16 rebels, not the TAC cup side)

I feel embarresed for nick, there is no doubt at all that he is one of the top 16 year olds in the state and that isnt debatable. but the way c/l carry on about how he is worth 70-100 points is rubbish. And even if c/l can get over rookewood this weekend i dont think he will play any way.

he makes a huge difference though. his presence lifts the other players, whilst im sure the opposition slightly dread playing against him when hes lining up for CL. so the impact he has, not only on the game himself, but the impact he has on others is probably worth 8-10 goals. dont underestimate his impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just for the record im not from c/l
He's deffinenty not overrated!!
he only kicked 24 goals in 4 games for the patties 1st in the herald sun shield , as a year 10 and has already played a handful of games for c/l seniors and the rebels (as initially being a player in the u/16 rebels, not the TAC cup side)

i wouldve posted something pretty close to being identical with this if u hadnt done it. overrated? the kids going to play afl (unless he chooses a successful cricket career instead). not to metion he has gone well in both cl seniors and the rebels in his first few appearances. the kids got a huge future ned kelly. maybe a bit of jealousy made u write that hes overrated?

I believe Nick is worth 70 points, if he is played at center half back (this has happeded) he will general the back line, he reads the ball so incredibly well and would cut off most forward bursts from illabrook, and also with nick he is a fantastic offensive player and you would be sure to see him getting the hands off from 50 and drilling the goal home, the kid is a star, level headed and is sure to be picked up by an afl club if he does not choose cricket. But.. if we get nick back there is no way we will win the game if say nick, justin budds and rory come to play, the whole 18 players have to be a part of it, so many people are riding carnham off because of because of the wins illabrook has had, just remember round two when carngham got up, since then you have gained taylor who is a great player and lost a forward (cant remember his name), there is no reason why that cannot happen again. cheers.

I believe Nick is worth 70 points, if he is played at center half back (this has happeded) he will general the back line, he reads the ball so incredibly well and would cut off most forward bursts from illabrook, and also with nick he is a fantastic offensive player and you would be sure to see him getting the hands off from 50 and drilling the goal home, the kid is a star, level headed and is sure to be picked up by an afl club if he does not choose cricket. But.. if we get nick back there is no way we will win the game if say nick, justin budds and rory come to play, the whole 18 players have to be a part of it, so many people are riding carnham off because of because of the wins illabrook has had, just remember round two when carngham got up, since then you have gained taylor who is a great player and lost a forward (cant remember his name), there is no reason why that cannot happen again. cheers.

I think you boys just like talking about obrian. He is a great talent however if for some reason he is not playing rebels on the weekend he will slot straight into the 1st forward line. And as for beating Illabrook in round 2....mate i think your living in the past there. Illabrook are a great team from top to bottom. Cant see anyone getting near them next week.

i wouldve posted something pretty close to being identical with this if u hadnt done it. overrated? the kids going to play afl (unless he chooses a successful cricket career instead). not to metion he has gone well in both cl seniors and the rebels in his first few appearances. the kids got a huge future ned kelly. maybe a bit of jealousy made u write that hes overrated?

Why would i be Jelous?? Nick is a good footballer but no where near as good as some people talk him up to be. Nick has played a few games here and there for other clubs (St pat's 1st, Rebels) so good on him. All im saying is his not as good as everyone thinks he is.

And if he does play for any C/L team on the weekend im sure it will be seniors, you would rather be in a senior grand final than a junior one any day.

Why would i be Jelous?? Nick is a good footballer but no where near as good as some people talk him up to be. Nick has played a few games here and there for other clubs (St pat's 1st, Rebels) so good on him. All im saying is his not as good as everyone thinks he is.

And if he does play for any C/L team on the weekend im sure it will be seniors, you would rather be in a senior grand final than a junior one any day.

Because your no where near as good as he is. A few games? He played all the SPC games which had meaning, he kicked 23 goals in 4 Herald Sun Shield games against more experienced opponents and 09 draft prospects, in YEAR 10! not to mention playing very well in his few Rebels games, as a double bottom age player (he has 2 more years to play Rebels after this one).

Everyone thinks he is awesome and, based on the evidence, he is. So he is not overrated, in the LPFL he could win the u/17s off his boot if he wanted to, but he's after a senior flag I think.

Played very well in the rebels games?
I could be wrong but i don't think i seen his name in the best.. and didn't he have a chance to put the rebels in front last week in the dying seconds, but kicked it out of bounds?

I could be wrong but i don't think i seen his name in the best.. and didn't he have a chance to put the rebels in front last week in the dying seconds, but kicked it out of bounds?

From the TAC Cup website. Note the Rebels best. The player who missed with the late kick was Ben Peters. Facts right much?

Round 19 SCORES TEAMS TIME/VENUE
10.8-68 North Ballarat Rebels 1:00 PM Sat 22/Aug Northern Oval (Map)
vs
10.8-68 Oakleigh Chargers

North Ballarat Rebels
Goal Kickers: D. Parish 2, N. Horbury 2, J. Free, L. Hoy, L. Cook, M. Darmody, M. Dufty, C. Giampaolo
Best Players: L. Hoy, J. Free, D. Gavin, N. O''Brien, C. Giampaolo, P. Barber

Oakleigh Chargers
Goal Kickers: S. Johns 2, J. Hoegel 2, M. Van Den Broek 2, L. Andrews, R. Lester, A. Gaff, J. Van Unen
Best Players: A. Gaff, T. Gordon, L. Andrews, J. Purcell, V. Michie, S. Henderson

If you actually watched him play one day, you might realise that he is as good as everyone says he is. You get a game for St Pats firsts in year 10, then maybe you can bag him.

Definately wrong as proven by previous poster

On the Nicko topic

-ommitted for the rebels
-wasn't named in c/l seniors
-wasn't named in c/l under 17s

Also factually incorrect. He chose to play CL 1s instead of Rebels. Playing in a senior premiership is more important to him than playing in the Rebels right now, which is understandable when you consider he has 2 more years to push his case to get drafted, whereas opportunities to play in senior flags dont come around all too often, no matter how good you are. He kicked 3 goals in the 1s which I think is a decent contribution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lexton plains under 17s thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back