Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Unfortunately your list manager and new coach disagree. They absolutely love bakes and desperately want him at your club. I hear pick 14 might not be enough and the stalemate is actually over your 2nd rd pick which we want as well.
The new coach doesnt get a say in it, if anything its just the list manager.

Gee if Richmond want a 2nd round pick as well for a player who is OOC then theyre going to be sorely disappointed.
Tigers seem to be acting like flogs this offseason.

Gee if Richmond want a 2nd round pick as well for a player who is OOC then theyre going to be sorely disappointed.

Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

Pick 14 for Liam Baker?

Kidding me right?

Have you not seen our list management over the last few years.

We will pay up for Baker and fold on Barrass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if our midfield was Wardlaw-Reid-Langford with 10 years to build around them. Instead we have to find a place for hard worker Ginbey, ballerina Hewett and we have useless old Yeo-Kelly starting the team on the back foot.
Weird take, particularly if the rumours about Wardlaw being unwilling to leave Victoria were true.
If you look at the top 20 picks that year Ginbey is one of the better selections.
He has clearly outperformed Tsatas, Mackenzie, Clark, Hollands, Busslinger, Jefferson, Rowston, Allen and Knostanty in this range and a similar level to Michalanney, Humphrey and Phillipou.
The remaining picks of the draft hasn't yielded any great choices (so far) McMullin has played 17 games, Gallagher has played 19 games, Emmett and Cowan have played 15 games and that's about it.
If Hewett is able to perform at the level we know he is capable of (injuries permitting) it seems like it could work out to be a good trade. Also, pre-draft, Wardlaw was far more prone to injury than Hewett.

Weird take, particularly if the rumours about Wardlaw being unwilling to leave Victoria were true.
If you look at the top 20 picks that year Ginbey is one of the better selections.
He has clearly outperformed Tsatas, Mackenzie, Clark, Hollands, Busslinger, Jefferson, Rowston, Allen and Knostanty in this range and a similar level to Michalanney, Humphrey and Phillipou.
The remaining picks of the draft hasn't yielded any great choices (so far) McMullin has played 17 games, Gallagher has played 19 games, Emmett and Cowan have played 15 games and that's about it.
If Hewett is able to perform at the level we know he is capable of (injuries permitting) it seems like it could work out to be a good trade. Also, pre-draft, Wardlaw was far more prone to injury than Hewett.
I like Ginbey. Looks better at half-back than on-ball but that's okay. We hoped Vlastuin would become a mid and he did play some good games there early in his career (one in Perth against you guys) but ultimately we had to settle for a champion HBF.

Bo Allan could go the same way, although I'd hope he makes it as a mid.

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Unfortunately your list manager and new coach disagree. They absolutely love bakes and desperately want him at your club. I hear pick 14 might not be enough and the stalemate is actually over your 2nd rd pick which we want as well.
Oh dear.

I love Bakes, but that's ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker - Reportedly headed west

Remove this Banner Ad

Back