Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

If that's a true story then boy he must have hated North before he went there. Not only is he a potato, but he forced them to overpay for him to spud it up.

Brutal by CCJ.
Owed the Club for Kebab-gate
Was just trying to make things right

If that's a true story then boy he must have hated North before he went there. Not only is he a potato, but he forced them to overpay for him to spud it up.

Brutal by CCJ.
What a time to be alive that day was.

One of those classic BF we want an extortionate amount vs we want to pay unders because PSD and then pay more that the extortionate amount BF posters could have dreamt

What a time to be alive that day was.

One of those classic BF we want an extortionate amount vs we want to pay unders because PSD and then pay more that the extortionate amount BF posters could have dreamt
I actually think that is one of the worst trades of recent memory. Adelaide played the campaigner with Dawson and had Sydney over a barrel, Weller threw Gold Coast under bus and the club wanted the win in convincing a decent young player to join them but CCJ. Not only did they have all the power in the trade, they gave more than anyone thought he was worth. Absolutely bizarre.

Just another in the long list of North ****-ups the last 6 years

I actually think that is one of the worst trades of recent memory. Adelaide played the campaigner with Dawson and had Sydney over a barrel, Weller threw Gold Coast under bus and the club wanted the win in convincing a decent young player to
I do think history has a lot do with things and the Sydney/Adelaide Tippett fiasco burnt the crows and they don't forget or forgive. It was well and truly payback

They arent fringe players.

They are developing young talls in the best 22. Both just signed two year extensions and love the place. Highly rated by the club and fans who watch them.

Baker is 27 with kms on the clock and starting to show it, 4 decent years left maybe and as a 170cm role player that is not a cornerstone to any rebuilding side. Tigers fans need to acknowledge that Baker does not have 10 years left in the game and likely gets overtaken in 2 to 3 years by the kids. That isnt hard to comprehend people, its just how football careers go.

Its 100% up to Baker where he goes.

Time will tell who's correct
Is Maric a fringe player now? 🤔

I can't see us rolling over and giving Baker away for two second round picks.

He may be uncontacted, but West Coast won't exactly have us over a barrel. They can't threaten PSD, as we have a pick before them, and they can't try and get him through to their second in the ND as Freo also want him and have three picks before them.

If he chooses WC it'll end up getting tied into whatever they get for Barrass (assuming he leaves) imo.

I can't see us rolling over and giving Baker away for two second round picks.

He may be uncontacted, but West Coast won't exactly have us over a barrel. They can't threaten PSD, as we have a pick before them, and they can't try and get him through to their second in the ND as Freo also want him and have three picks before them.

If he chooses WC it'll end up getting tied into whatever they get for Barrass (assuming he leaves) imo.
Combined with our later picks we can trade them up to Carlton , Brisbane to get into the 1st round
makes no difference to us really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With draft compromisation, if have two "early" 2nds the same as a late first essentially
Specially with all the late picks we have and teams needing points would be easy to trade them up to 1st rounders

Cant wait if Baker says Eagles - Gonna be so much fun

Specially with all the late picks we have and teams needing points would be easy to trade them up to 1st rounders

Cant wait if Baker says Eagles - Gonna be so much fun
Have said this before but teams just don't trade top 20 picks for a bunch of later picks .

Show me 1 trade where a team has swapped multiple late picks eg 4+ picks for a top 20 - 30 pick?

These are the best i could find its from 2022

Melbourne gets Pick 27. Port Adelaide gets Picks 33, 43 and 53.

Geelong gets Pick 25. Brisbane gets Picks 38, 48 and 55, the Cats’ future second-round pick and the Cats’ future fourth-round pick

Last edited:
The last handful of comments on the back of one game is peak bigfooty Nuffies.

Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back