Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Always 😂

Alright based on feedback what about this.

Tigers
Get 8, 10
Give Baker, Rioli, 22

WCE
Get Baker, GC F1, 20, 22
Give 3

Suns
Get Rioli, 3 (and get to take a pick before Lombard bid)
Give 8, 10, 20, F1
West coast should be doing nothing with pick 3 than picking the best mid available.

Why would we help GC or Richmond.

If anything west coast should bid on Lombard at 3

West coast should be doing nothing with pick 3 than picking the best mid available.

Why would we help GC or Richmond.

If anything west coast should bid on Lombard at 3
I wouldn't be surprised if you work something out with Gold Coast, just not like that. No one is breaking pick 3 for Baker.

Depending on how low Gold Coast and Dogs finish, could drop down a couple of picks and get another actual first round pick in. They've shown they aren't afraid to do it before with Ginbey.

Instead of pick 3 - pick 6 and a pick for Bo Allen seems pretty good. Kid looks fantastic at WAFL level

I wouldn't be surprised if you work something out with Gold Coast, just not like that. No one is breaking pick 3 for Baker.

Depending on how low Gold Coast and Dogs finish, could drop down a couple of picks and get another actual first round pick in. They've shown they aren't afraid to do it before with Ginbey.

Instead of pick 3 - pick 6 and a pick for Bo Allen seems pretty good. Kid looks fantastic at WAFL level
It wasn't about ginbey .

It was about Sheezel, wardlaw pulling the I don't want to leave Victoria card .

I have a feeling we might have pick 2 or even 1

So Ralphy said Freo wanted both Bolton and Baker. Bolton has apparently said he's not going anywhere and Baker said no thanks Freo, he prefers Eagles.

I wonder if Freo ups their offer now given the goings on at West Coast currently. Baker would be deadset crazy to prefer Eagles over Freo.
Unless Cotch was right and WC are offering drug money. Jeez they must really rate him despite their supporters opinions 😂

Unless Cotch was right and WC are offering drug money. Jeez they must really rate him despite their supporters opinions 😂

You really need to wrap a hot towel around your head and have a lie down. Maybe spoon The Gun while your are at it, he needs a hug. ;) :$

Eagles making some tough calls and sounds like Baker is on board. They dont change coaches often and the new management in charge are looking and acting serious.

Interesting times ahead.

Just watch

You know they are coughing up :p
Matty Clarke has a hard on for bolton with the offer the blew freo out of the park
Baker? Maybe like others he just wants to play for the club he was a nuffie for as a teenager.

Do they split it and still have a pick in the top 10? Maybe but that would depend on their draft board. They ain’t splitting it and not having a pick before mid 20s for Baker.

Now that nobody's job needs to be saved by topping up, I imagine there'll be an 'ok' offer for Baker but much more likely to look to maybe move a few players on to generate picks instead

From the sounds of things, club will likely be cycling through the young blokes to give them a chance and see if any fringe players are worth keeping.

Likely we don't win a game for the rest of the year.

PSD back on the menu...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that nobody's job needs to be saved by topping up, I imagine there'll be an 'ok' offer for Baker but much more likely to look to maybe move a few players on to generate picks instead

From the sounds of things, club will likely be cycling through the young blokes to give them a chance and see if any fringe players are worth keeping.

PSD back on the menu...
Yep PSD it is then

So Ralphy said Freo wanted both Bolton and Baker. Bolton has apparently said he's not going anywhere and Baker said no thanks Freo, he prefers Eagles.

I wonder if Freo ups their offer now given the goings on at West Coast currently. Baker would be deadset crazy to prefer Eagles over Freo.
Freo are cashed up Bogans. We don’t know how we got in this situation but we want to buy a Ute and two JetSkis. Not sure we’ll have enough left to up our offer on Baker.

If Richmond weren’t the equivalent of a homeless person I would maybe believe John Ralph.

Yep. That crazy West Coast board and club management. The most wealthy club in the comp and they rarely sack a coach and seem to still win a flag every 10 years. Still get 40,000 plus loyal fans each home game shouting louder than a packed MCG.

What player or coach would want to go there?

Yep. That crazy West Coast board and club management. The most wealthy club in the comp and they rarely sack a coach and seem to still win a flag every 10 years. Still get 40,000 plus loyal fans each home game shouting louder than a packed MCG.

What player or coach would want to go there?
Moreso the fact that you're going to be shit at footy for at least 5 years. Also the fact that things are going to get worse before they get better with the age of your list.

Why would he do that to himself when he has the option of playing for Freo who are young and top 4?

And yes I know we're in a similar boat.

PSD back on the menu...

Doubt a multi premiership player would leave a club via PSD. Doubt that has ever happened - would take a bloke to do that and Baker doesn’t strike me as the type

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep PSD it is then
Lets Go GIF by Regal

Moreso the fact that you're going to be shit at footy for at least 5 years. Also the fact that things are going to get worse before they get better with the age of your list.

Why would he do that to himself when he has the option of playing for Freo who are young and top 4?

We've been shit for 3 years already.

We wont be crap for 8 years.

Maybe if he didn't have 2 medals already it'd be different. Money could be a factor (but all 3 clubs interested in Baker are offering big deals), maybe a leadership position, maybe the boyhood club stuff. West Coast and Richmond are also both really good at giving players post-retirement career opportunities. Could be any number of factors.

I'd more question the club side than the player side tbh. Baker's gotta do what's right by him, and if in his subjective assessment that's going West Coast good on him. But given the PSD isn't an option, West Coast forking significant draft capital as a rebuilding team which doesn't have a great recent track record of nailing the later picks (to my knowledge) seems daft. Teams that don't have the academies, the father-sons or the AFL sympathy points don't get the same margin for error, and West Coast have already made errors. Honestly, Freo should be ruing some of their past trades (I'm talking late stage Ross), and the only reason they don't really is they're good drafters, which has papered over some bad trades.

One thing West Coast do have going for them in that department is in the next couple years they have some nice father-son and NGA prospects (if the AFL lift restrictions sufficiently for NGA to be a factor for them).

We've been shit for 3 years already.

We wont be crap for 8 years.
The list profile suggests otherwise.
Maybe if he didn't have 2 medals already it'd be different. Money could be a factor (but all 3 clubs interested in Baker are offering big deals), maybe a leadership position, maybe the boyhood club stuff. West Coast and Richmond are also both really good at giving players post-retirement career opportunities. Could be any number of factors.

I'd more question the club side than the player side tbh. Baker's gotta do what's right by him, and if in his subjective assessment that's going West Coast good on him. But given the PSD isn't an option, West Coast forking significant draft capital as a rebuilding team which doesn't have a great recent track record of nailing the later picks (to my knowledge) seems daft. Teams that don't have the academies, the father-sons or the AFL sympathy points don't get the same margin for error, and West Coast have already made errors. Honestly, Freo should be ruing some of their past trades (I'm talking late stage Ross), and the only reason they don't really is they're good drafters, which has papered over some bad trades.

One thing West Coast do have going for them in that department is in the next couple years they have some nice father-son and NGA prospects (if the AFL lift restrictions sufficiently for NGA to be a factor for them).
TLDR.

PSD back on the menu...

We would have to win twice to overtake you, but we rarely kick more than 6 goals in a game these days, so I doubt we win one either. Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back