Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Last time you said it was pick 3 and pick 23 for Baker. Have you realised how stupid that sounded? Now it’s a top 10 pick and it still sounds stupid.
I said it was pick 3. Perhaps get your facts right before trying to quote me. If you want Baker you'll pay a top 10 pick. If not he is very happy to stay at Richmond. Ball is in your court.

Fair chance Allen, Lindsay, Gerreyn, Davis are there
Thanks for putting your balls on the line.
Look forward to revisiting this at draft time.

They don’t stand out as very very good players to me, but you obviously rate them as such. Looking forward to them being 150-200 gamers.

Puts into perspective the draft depth with 30 odd players going before them. There should be a couple of dozen 200+ gamers in this batch by your reckoning?

I said it was pick 3. Perhaps get your facts right before trying to quote me. If you want Baker you'll pay a top 10 pick. If not he is very happy to stay at Richmond. Ball is in your court.
Is he very happy to stay at Richmond?

Isn’t playing like it.
You're on crack if you think we are accepting anything less.
You don’t have a choice.

1721039689818.jpeg
That’s your quote. 1R or F1 PLUS a 2R. I hope the irony of calling someone delusional then suggesting that trade is not lost on you. NFI.

Thanks for putting your balls on the line.
Look forward to revisiting this at draft time.

They don’t stand out as very very good players to me, but you obviously rate them as such. Looking forward to them being 150-200 gamers.

Puts into perspective the draft depth with 30 odd players going before them. There should be a couple of dozen 200+ gamers in this batch by your reckoning?
Lindsay was just BOG in the championships final you muppet.

Do you actually follow the draft enough to comment on it or not?

Lindsay was just BOG in the championships final you muppet.
Yep and if reckon he’s going to be available at pick 30+ there seems some awesome talent that would be picked ahead of him eh? You’re calling ‘very very good’ players to be available at that range so it sounds like a super draft if there are 30+ picked before this type of talent.

But you’re the self proclaimed draft expert mate, so I’ll hang off your every word on the kids in this class.

Yep and if reckon he’s going to be available at pick 30+ there seems some awesome talent that would be picked ahead of him eh? You’re calling ‘very very good’ players to be available at that range so it sounds like a super draft if there are 30+ picked before this type of talent.

But you’re the self proclaimed draft expert mate, so I’ll hang off your every word on the kids in this class.
It has the strongest 15-30 range in recent history, care to comment your thoughts on the draft?

It has the strongest 15-30 range in recent history, care to comment your thoughts on the draft?
I’ve only watched a couple of games from the champs and some player highlights. So I’m not qualified to talk to the draft class making sweeping claims like you do. I do hear many saying the same each year though so forgive me having some scepticism of a big footy poster claiming to be a draft expert.

You sound like you have invested dozens of hours into watching games including several live going by the confidence in the knowledge you have. Is this right?

I do hear many saying the same each year though so forgive me having some scepticism of a big footy poster claiming to be a draft expert.
If we're gonna use arguments from authority, Cal Twomey has spoken many times on the depth of this current draft class, even going as far as suggesting that teams will consider sacrificing future picks to get into this year's draft. https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168815

So now that you don't have to take the word of a bigfooty poster, when has Cal been so drastically wrong about the talent pool of a draft class this late?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been shit for 3 years already.

We wont be crap for 8 years.
I dont know.... Your rebuild has a long way to go to be done before your club makes finals again regardless or Harely Reid. This is the 1st major rebuild in their history. An actual rebuild that translates to eagles not making finals for 5 years in a row.

May Point is.... I look at Liam Baker, who is 26 now and turns 27 in January next season. Is Liam Baker going to sign a 5 or 6 year deal at the eagles which means that he is gonna spend at least 2025, 2026 and possibly 2027 not making finals? Probably means Baker will be playing finals at 30-32 years old.

Is he very happy to stay at Richmond?

Isn’t playing like it.

You don’t have a choice.
Nah but Baker does. He can go to the worst performing team in the history of the AFL who just sacked their coach and then negotiated his final appearance during the press conference or stay at the club that he’s a x2 Premiership player at.

Last edited:
History tells you the Eagles bounce back. A Flag and some times two every decade and few GFs thrown in there too. Our boy Baker would know that well being an Eagle at heart and maybe just wants to jump on.
I wont be shocked if Baker joins the dockers in a trade now.

If you are gonna say that Liam Baker is an Eagle at heart.... Well Elliot yeo was a dockers fan as a kid and so was Jeremy McGovern.

Saying that both Stephen and Brad Hill followed the eagles as kids too.

I wont be shocked if Baker joins the dockers in a trade now.

If you are gonna say that Liam Baker is an Eagle at heart.... Well Elliot yeo was a dockers fan as a kid and so was Jeremy McGovern.

Saying that both Stephen and Brad Hill followed the eagles as kids too.
Agreed i think it’s probably the Dockers now. Lost out on McDonald and there is a bit of talk Warner is signing a deal to FA now at the Swans.

Doubt they Eagles trade into the first and give it to for Baker with the quality of how deep this draft is suppose to be unless they can get one of those famous GC Suns deals where they don’t give much up to get a pick they don’t want/need.

Why did Yeo pick the Eagles when returning? $$? and if the Eagles want Baker they will offer more.

Gov and S Hill were selected by those clubs in the draft so that changes that convo. B Hill went to play with his brother so once again not really the same.

Last edited:
Nah but Baker does. He can go to the worst performing team in the history of the AFL who just sacked their coach and then negotiated his final appearance during the press conference or stay at the club that he’s a x2 Premiership player at.
Well Brad Hill won 3 AFL premierships when he played at the hawks from 2012-16. Goes to Freo in 2017-19.

He then Gets traded to the Saints and is on $900,000 a year for 5 years from 2020 until 2024. I think Brad Hill can settle on his 3 flags and $900,000 a year.

Agreed i think it’s probably the Dockers now. Lost out on McDonald and there is a bit of talk Warner is signing a deal to FA now at the Swabs. Doubt they Eagles trade into the first and give it to for Baker unless they can get one of those famous GC Suns deals where they don’t give much up to get a pick they don’t want.

Why did Yeo pick the Eagles when returning? $$? and if the Eagles want Baker they will offer more.

Gov and S Hill were selected by those clubs in the draft so that changes that convo. B Hill went to play with his brother so once again not really the same.
I can explain that. Keep in mind where the eagles and Dockers situations at the end of 2013.

Yeo was fleeing Brisbane who are in a mess as players wanted to be traded after Michael Voss was sacked. Ross Lyon said straight up you are gonna struggle to break in to the starting 22 at Freo. Eagles didnt make finals in 2013 and Dockers made a grand final.

Considering freos inside mid stock at the time... Mundy, Fyfe, Neale and Barlow and Crowley... Ross Lyon made a good point.

Eagles offered Yeo a starting spot in the 22.

I look at Liam Bakers situation..... If Both WA clubs are offering $800,000 a year at 5 or 6 years, both clubs make suitable situations. If baker is thinking about heading back to WA, He needs to see where his playing career is going to look like after 5 full seasons when he is 31 or 32 years old.

Baker could Join freos list for 5 seasons between 2025-29. He could help Freo play finals each year for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years. I dont know if he will add another premiership medal.

He could play for west coast for 5 seasons between 2025-29. Not play finals in 2025 and 2026. Eagles contend and make finals in 2027-29.

Baker is obviously in our best 22, I don't love giving up our latest 1st (sorry Morro ) but understand I'm always a little uncomfortable in a trade but if it's us, I really really hope the money is reflective of his actual output and we aren't chasing with a big pay day.

Topping up with good but not star player is not where we are at. As those Pies and Port pick get juicier and juicier then surely the two player complete rebuild package becomes enticing

I know it sounds crazy, but have you even considered he just wants to come home?

True, he could stay at Richmond and play in front of 19 000 every week.

Last edited:
I know it sounds crazy, but have you even considered he just wants to come home?
I'm not sure you understand, big Vic clubs only lose players because;
A) Evil "interstate" clubs offer them twice as much as they do because they cant afford to keep all their really good players. They would prefer to stay but unfortunately, if they dont, their kids will end up on the street so have no choice but to leave.
B) They didnt want to keep him. This is also a secret only the big clubs know because if they dont like the trade that is offered, they will just re-sign them and keep them

I'm not sure you understand, big Vic clubs only lose players because;
A) Evil "interstate" clubs offer them twice as much as they do because they cant afford to keep all their really good players. They would prefer to stay but unfortunately, if they dont, their kids will end up on the street so have no choice but to leave.
B) They didnt want to keep him. This is also a secret only the big clubs know because if they dont like the trade that is offered, they will just re-sign them and keep them
My god I’ve read some rubbish before but this entire Baker thread takes the cake. If he decides to leave Richmond his value I would estimate to be between pick 15 to 20. WC or Freo would need to accommodate/satisfy Richmond and Richmond would need to accept an offer in that range. Baker is a very good player but no superstar. Richmond will ask for more and WC or Freo will offer less. A deal will be done should he request to leave the Tigers.

My god I’ve read some rubbish before but this entire Baker thread takes the cake. If he decides to leave Richmond his value I would estimate to be between pick 15 to 20. WC or Freo would need to accommodate/satisfy Richmond and Richmond would need to accept an offer in that range. Baker is a very good player but no superstar. Richmond will ask for more and WC or Freo will offer less. A deal will be done should he request to leave the Tigers.
I 100% agree with you, the reasonable poster. Tis the nuffies I am taking the piss out of

I can explain that. Keep in mind where the eagles and Dockers situations at the end of 2013.

Yeo was fleeing Brisbane who are in a mess as players wanted to be traded after Michael Voss was sacked. Ross Lyon said straight up you are gonna struggle to break in to the starting 22 at Freo. Eagles didnt make finals in 2013 and Dockers made a grand final.

Considering freos inside mid stock at the time... Mundy, Fyfe, Neale and Barlow and Crowley... Ross Lyon made a good point.

Eagles offered Yeo a starting spot in the 22.

I look at Liam Bakers situation..... If Both WA clubs are offering $800,000 a year at 5 or 6 years, both clubs make suitable situations. If baker is thinking about heading back to WA, He needs to see where his playing career is going to look like after 5 full seasons when he is 31 or 32 years old.

Baker could Join freos list for 5 seasons between 2025-29. He could help Freo play finals each year for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years. I dont know if he will add another premiership medal.

He could play for west coast for 5 seasons between 2025-29. Not play finals in 2025 and 2026. Eagles contend and make finals in 2027-29.
So again a different situation then Baker.

He is clearly best 22 at all 3 teams. Money who knows, Is he a jack of all trades at Freo and Richmond and are the Eagles offering to play him in one position (hbf would be my guess)? Eagles probably offering the most considering they have so much space.

Who knows. I was all in the get Baker camp because they need his leadership and skill set. Also seeing the draft prospects named around the pick being reported needed for a trade. I’d be happy going to the draft but can see why they would bring him in for the right price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back