Lineup v Doggies this week

Remove this Banner Ad

nickgrant69 I'd be insulted if I were you being asked this question by a bloke who thinks Spencer should be playing AFL footy.

Meh... it is like being called stupid by someone from the short bus

Last edited:
I used to kick an old shoe around my back yard for days on end

Amitrollingright?
You troll fine :)
Dez, you remain a flog. I love Viney, and love that he's aggressive. Just don't think you need to talk about it before a game, or that's what you should be looking to do in a pre-season game. Aggression is why I like Pencil. We have been a submissive footy side for so long, we desperately need confident, tough players. That's why is have Pedo ahead of Gawn, he has presence and makes the opposition wary. The same couldn't be said of Max.

Are you serious? Ever played footy?
Yes, I've played lots of footy and I know size means a lot. If it didn't AFL players wouldn't be getting bigger each year, and clubs wouldn't be trying to put together midfields of 6'2+ players. I love that Viney is tough but he's not going to strike fear into the heart of the opposition!

Yes, I've played lots of footy and I know size means a lot. If it didn't AFL players wouldn't be getting bigger each year, and clubs wouldn't be trying to put together midfields of 6'2+ players. I love that Viney is tough but he's not going to strike fear into the heart of the opposition!
Do they fear bigger players like Jack Watts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dees to win this one on their ear.

Good luck - good game - no injuries.
Alarm bells will be ringing loudly if we don't. We've picked our best available side and are very nearly full strength. The doggies haven't picked their best available side.
Hopefully we win by ten goals and it gets the confidence up.

Still no brayshaw. What do we read into this. We just signed him up on a new contract. Is he a lock for round one, and m.jones/bail are playing to keep their spot? Im confused

You troll fine :)
Dez, you remain a flog. I love Viney, and love that he's aggressive. Just don't think you need to talk about it before a game, or that's what you should be looking to do in a pre-season game. Aggression is why I like Pencil. We have been a submissive footy side for so long, we desperately need confident, tough players. That's why is have Pedo ahead of Gawn, he has presence and makes the opposition wary. The same couldn't be said of Max.

Says 'we desperately need confident, tough players'.

Bags Viney for being confident and tough.

blackadder-confused.gif

Last edited:

Robbie Flower didn't think so.....

Alarm bells will be ringing loudly if we don't. We've picked our best available side and are very nearly full strength. The doggies haven't picked their best available side.
Hopefully we win by ten goals and it gets the confidence up.

Ten Goal win? Seriously, some people forget we have been lucky to kick 10 goals in a game over the last half a dozen years! And now we expect a 10 goal win? Can anyone remember the last time we had any sort of a win by that margin, pre-season or not?

Unfortunately results do matter for us, as we have had so few of them over a very long period of time now. So we need to experience and be involved in winning, any sort of match. I don't think it matters what team the Dogs put on the park, we will have many challenges including a lot from our own ineptitude.

Personally, I'll take a 1 point win with no injuries and I'll be happy. I'm not expecting to win, and I'm not sure where all the confidence has come from with some of our supporters, but I'm still expecting to lose pretty much every match we play. Until the side starts winning regularly, I still won't go into any game, pre-season or regular season expecting to win. Maybe against the Saints, but they have had us over a barrel(like just about every team) for a decade!

Things I want to hear from the game today(win or lose)

* no injuries
* competitive for all 4 quarters
* won F50 entries
* Kicked 12 goals or more(remembering they are shortened quarters)
* Showed confidence running the ball out of defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Lineup v Doggies this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back