Unofficial Preview Lions v Demons AFLW Grand Final

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Grand Final Lions v Demons

Sunday 1.40 pm Local Time
Venue Brighton Homes Arena Springfield
Austadiums Capacity Listed as 8,000
Tickets for the 2022 NAB AFLW Grand Final are on sale Monday 21 November. Members at 2pm. General Public at 4pm.

Suggest people driving to the venue for the first time look at Google Maps before going, using information below

EDIT:- When purchasing tickets there is a parking option for $10. Suggest you pay the money
Choices P3 out in open but may be easier to leave from
Park & Ride Building- Undercover but may be harder to get out from after game

Public transport.
Springfield Central Rail & Bus Station (not Springfield Station it's 1 stop before) - 200 meters walk

Parking for cars. Update later but for now.
Lions P3, located opposite 16 Eden Station Drive Springfield.
Opposite end to entrance but they may open a gate for access. EDIT looks like entry points are gate 4,5,6

Springfield Park & Ride.
Free if Qld Rail cooperates. 250 meters to Lions
Take exit 32.The 5 story Park & Ride is on your right. Impossible to miss
At the 1st roundabout (construction works) basically do a u turn to get back to the Park & Ride entrance

Separate parking at the actual Rail & Bus Station. Free if Qld Rail cooperates
At present not all car parks are open.
Take exit 32. Turn right at the 2nd roundabout into Southern Cross Cct.
Entrance on right via Sir Lew Edwards Drive on corner of Southern Cross Cct.

Now to the game, but i won't go into much detail. Will leave that to posters for their opinions

We will play in front of a home crowd but have no real home ground advantage.
Overall record in 7 meetings is Demons 5 Lions 2
More important is the meetings this year
Season 2022:- Lions had a loss by 3 then another loss in the PF by 4
S7:- Lions win by 15
We will go in as favourites, but with the 2 losses earlier in the year (season 2022) fresh in their minds complacency should not be an issue

At our best we should get the win. But it’s a GF so you need to nail every opportunity
Melbourne have a good defense structure that relies on bad delivery to forwards by their opposition.
We are guilty of this as could be seen in the Adelaide game. We should have beaten the Crows by 6 goals last week

I won’t go into which players are likely to win us or them the game, but a team effort is required to win a GF.

Will we try and shut down some Melbourne players?. Maybe but i doubt it will be more that one

Kick a decent score and we should get the win

One question remains on selection
Zimmei is available but has not played for a while
Taylor Smith sustained an ankle injury on Friday but returned to the field so should be okay for selection

Will Starcevich bring Zimmei in over someone?
I think that may be likely, but won’t be surprised if he does not

Below image reminds me of the old Tom Jones song "The Green Green Grass Of Home"

new-beginning.png

Last edited:
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed it, but on the news footage of the Springfield oval, it’s noticeable how dry looking the field is, and there’s already a significant worn patch of grass leading from the gate out on to the field.

I would have thought they would have been watering the sh!t out of it, and it would have a bright green look to it.

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed it, but on the news footage of the Springfield oval, it’s noticeable how dry looking the field is, and there’s already a significant worn patch of grass leading from the gate out on to the field.

I would have thought they would have been watering the sh!t out of it, and it would have a bright green look to it.
Sprinklers on regularly going on my time lapse viewing
They are also regularly mowing the oval. Different directions i think.

I can only assume the companies that laid the turf have either given there approval, or the club signed a waiver regarding any damage to the turf
Oval still looks good on the time lapse cam 3.10pm today. Image below
But close up it may look a bit different
When you look at the image in my write up part above, you can clearly see the lines and the direction the turf was layed. Left side of image.
It actually looks uneven, but that is most likely the camera angle. Also note i have no idea when that image was taken

980x655_151001.jpg

at this stage i dont know if i'm more nervous about the performance of our ladies, or the performance of the field/stadium :p

COME ON LIONS! smash these pretenders and their never ending fairy-tale. Daisy I love you on comms, but this won't be your dream, its time for the lions to prove this was ours this whole season :)

Im just tired of the constant w***ery over Daisy Pearce by her media mates. I was so annoyed and disgusted by these shills trying to get the AFLW MVP award named after her. Such stupid arrogance from the vic media. I hope we absolutely towel the Demons and the Victorians shut their big mouths. Why even bother with an AFLW with their attitude. The funny thing is AFLW has been dominated by Adelaide and us so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im just tired of the constant w***ery over Daisy Pearce by her media mates. I was so annoyed and disgusted by these shills trying to get the AFLW MVP award named after her. Such stupid arrogance from the vic media. I hope we absolutely towel the Demons and the Victorians shut their big mouths. Why even bother with an AFLW with their attitude. The funny thing is AFLW has been dominated by Adelaide and us so far.
If a single player deserves something named after her, it would be Erin Phillips.

Apart from being a media darling, Daisy is just another good player in the context of the AFLW as a comp.

Ridiculous for the Vic media wanting to canonised her.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If a single player deserves something named after her, it would be Erin Phillips.

Apart from being a media darling, Daisy is just another good player in the context of the AFLW as a comp.

Ridiculous for the Vic media wanting to canonised her.

What has Erin Phillips ever done for the VFL??? :O

To suggest Brighton Homes Arena is just a glorified training ground is a bit rich given they played the AFLW Semi at Punt Road which I would rate as VAFA standard. And in terms of us getting the home ground advantage, worth noting that prior to that semi Brendan Gale said "We had some discussions with the AFL regarding the venue for this weekend's game, but ultimately we decided our AFLW team had earned the right to play a home final" (AFL.com). Well, there you go then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Lions v Demons AFLW Grand Final

Back