Preview Lions v Suns Sunday 5th May @ 7.10 pm The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never worry about who the club makes the sub.
Should the heavens open up tomorrow a few hours before the game they may rethink the sub choice.
Unless the sub comes on in the 1st half, they are not going to impact the game that much.
To start with they are usually your 23rd best player available or being eased back because of injury.

Lohman sub if they want to play Sharp wing in place of Ah Chee.
Sharp sub if they give Wilmott a run on the wing.

Sharp has played 10 AFL games. Being 7 full AFL games and 3 more as some form of sub.
Lohmann has played 15 AFL games. Being 9 full AFL Games and 6 more as some form of sub

Make Gardner sub?
I actually think this makes sense
I actually don't mind this if it's wet. If conditions deteriorate throughout the game, the game will probably slow down and make contested marking targets more important the longer the game goes. Switching from 2 tall forwards to 3 mid-game would make sense in this scenario I think.

Then again it's kind of gambling with the conditions a bit. Unlike the Geelong game, where it was genuinely forecast to rain basically all night, the forecast looks to be improving throughout the day:

Screenshot_20240504_231958_Weatherzone.jpg

I think if it was going to be dry, I wouldn't be making Gardiner the sub. Probably want a bit more of a quicker player.

Either way we tend to lack this kind of sophistication (for want of a better word) when selecting and utilising our sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back