Strategy List build: Draft, trade 2024-

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice write up Pie 4 Life
I like her already. I think she'd suit us, and there is probably a spot for her on the wing with Steph and Jo Lin departing.

Nice write up Pie 4 Life
I like her already. I think she'd suit us, and there is probably a spot for her on the wing with Steph and Jo Lin departing.
She definitely doesn't have a problem moving and she's toured the facilities. My gut feeling is it depends where we land, and how much she's improved. Definitely a second rounder as it stands, and has potential. I've liked some improvements she's made to her game.

At some point I'll be doing a feature on her after interviewing her in preseason. We chatted for a good 10-15 minutes, she's a good kid and good speaker, very mature for her age.

Looks like Lockyer's daughter, Leni is playing in the vic metro trial tomorrow, to determine U16 championships.

Looks like Lockyer's daughter, Leni is playing in the vic metro trial tomorrow, to determine U16 championships.

She played for Vic Metro at the SSA 15/U Champs too last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Violet will feature for the All-Stars on Sunday at RSEA Park

Violet Patterson was last night named in the SANFLW Team of the Year, on the interchange bench.

Her write-up in the Team of the Year profiles:-

"INTERCHANGE - Violet Patterson (Glenelg)
The Tigers’ running machine presents great flexibility coming off the interchange bench, with an ability to play on the wing, through the midfield, or at either end of the ground. Earned a Powerade Breakthrough Player nomination while also averaging 19 disposals and eight tackles in 2024."

KEY AFLW PLAYER MOVEMENT DATES

• Monday, November 4: First Rookie Signing period opens
  • Wednesday, November 6: AFLW Draft nominations open
  • Wednesday, November 27: AFLW Draft nominations close
  • Saturday, November 30: 2024 NAB AFLW Grand Final
  • Wednesday, December 4: Restricted Free Agency and first Delisted Free Agency Period opens
  • Thursday, December 5: AFLW Trade Period opens
  • Wednesday, December 11: AFLW Trade, Restricted Free Agency and first Delisted Free Agency periods close
  • Thursday, December 12: First Rookie Signing period closes; second Delisted Free Agency period opens
  • Friday, December 13: Second Delisted Free Agency period closes; 2024 Telstra AFLW Draft order finalised
  • Monday, December 16: 2024 Telstra AFLW Draft
  • Monday, February 3, 2025: Supplementary Signing Period opens
  • Friday, February 28, 2025: Supplementary Signing Period closes

"Height 6-2"
"Favorite pro sports team is AFL Collingwood"

Wow, 191cms would instantly make her the tallest player on our list I’d reckon. I hope we’re going really hard after her signature.

She sounds like a nice girl. She mentioned she has had a bit to do with the pies through the PD academy for F/S and F/S, so the pies have put a bit of time into her.
Sees her ideal role as inside mid, but enjoys playing wing too and knows that role. Loves to pressure and tackle, its something she can go to when she doesn't think things are going her way.

Last edited:
She's had a good season. With her abilities, reckon she'll benefit us with her pressure she applies from the midfield

Captain Violet Patterson spearheaded the hosts from midfield, picking up 19 disposals, four marks, three tackles, four inside 50s and two rebound 50s with the Collingwood father-daughter prospect bouncing back from a knock midway through the game to fight on and work hard around the ground.

She's had a good season. With her abilities, reckon she'll benefit us with her pressure she applies from the midfield

When Violet is at the Pies, will she become our best player, almost instantly?
To me it sounds like she will become or almost immediately become our best midfielder, once she's here. That’s saying a bit, l know, considering Davey, Cann and Bonnici in particular, but to me Patterson just sounds and looks a gun midfielder who leads from the front.
I have no doubt she will be captaining our AFLW side in the next few seasons...

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy List build: Draft, trade 2024-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back