Injury Litigation

Remove this Banner Ad

THE PEOPLE SUING ARE SAYING THE AFL KNEW THE RISKS AND DIDNT TELL THEM.

WHEN I WAS A KID I GOT CONCUSSED DID I GET TESTED AND RESTED? NO.
I would say that the AFL /VFL SANFL WAFL TFL QFL ACT FOOTBALL NSW football administrations were all incompetent and stupid to not have thought about head injuries what ever you called them CTE, I don't know that much about but I know people who I worked with that have long term injuries that show up in memory loss and problems, but not from football from being whacked over the head, way way way before the medical people were finding oput long term CTE what ever.
I am no doctor but I new many decades ago about long term affects from head blows, in primary schoolmy mate got whacked by a truck I'm talking a long time ago, hurt his whole body, and head, he's a doctor as far as I know, I know another fellow who got thrown out of a back of a car and got seriously hurt in the head and has memory problems, and that was years ago. People bloody well knew , so why in heavens name didn't this bleeding AFL /VFL mob and all the subsidiaries of it in all states , have protection from the start, at least the late 80's and into the 90's there is no questions about when! Jim!
Its about why, and the new teams changed the make up of our sport.
Even the foc footy stalwarts won't say too much on air they get paid too much to bulldust daily and weekly , we know who they are.The pay packet is nice for them. The AFL need to look at the psychological affects on players who play at the highest level then retire , and find the limelight and camaraderie lessen up a bit and cannot handle things that well, the AFL should have been looking into this YEARS AND YEARS AGO AS WELL.
We've seen some of our heroes go down badly and they should have been looked after, look at Danny Frawley, god help them all AFL.

Doesn't change the fact that the risk for everything is always there , insure YOU CLUBS or don't play THE GAME at all, that goes for the AFL administration too! Who are now loaded with TV money! To the detriment of the game!

I would say that the AFL /VFL SANFL WAFL TFL QFL ACT FOOTBALL NSW football administrations were all incompetent and stupid to not have thought about head injuries what ever you called them CTE, I don't know that much about but I know people who I worked with that have long term injuries that show up in memory loss and problems, but not from football from being whacked over the head, way way way before the medical people were finding oput long term CTE what ever.
I am no doctor but I new many decades ago about long term affects from head blows, in primary schoolmy mate got whacked by a truck I'm talking a long time ago, hurt his whole body, and head, he's a doctor as far as I know, I know another fellow who got thrown out of a back of a car and got seriously hurt in the head and has memory problems, and that was years ago. People bloody well knew , so why in heavens name didn't this bleeding AFL /VFL mob and all the subsidiaries of it in all states , have protection from the start, at least the late 80's and into the 90's there is no questions about when! Jim!
Its about why, and the new teams changed the make up of our sport.
Even the foc footy stalwarts won't say too much on air they get paid too much to bulldust daily and weekly , we know who they are.The pay packet is nice for them. The AFL need to look at the psychological affects on players who play at the highest level then retire , and find the limelight and camaraderie lessen up a bit and cannot handle things that well, the AFL should have been looking into this YEARS AND YEARS AGO AS WELL.
We've seen some of our heroes go down badly and they should have been looked after, look at Danny Frawley, god help them all AFL.

Doesn't change the fact that the risk for everything is always there , insure YOU CLUBS or don't play THE GAME at all, that goes for the AFL administration too! Who are now loaded with TV money! To the detriment of the game!
It’s important that there is insurance for when things do go bad but it is primarily about prevention and not compensation.

Insurance companies will just put massive premiums or say we will not insure at all if the same risks keep causing costs to them.

Prevention will only occur with changes To the game.
This will be driven by the fiscal cost to the game and not about direct harm to the players ( we have enjoyed watching the gladiator's go at it for decades without real concern)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Litigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back