Liverpool Not good enough for Title

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Under Rafa they will never win the title!! His rotational policy is only good for keeping players refreshed for cup games. Make no Mistake Liverpool is a cup team and a great one at the that, but to win the title you need consistancy and balance which they clearly don't have.

i think that is a bit unfair on rafa...before he came to liverpool he coached valencia in spain and i belive employed the same rotation policy and still won two leagues.

yes the thign liverpool lack is conistance and it has been the same for the past 17yrs...traditionally we have paid over the odds for forwads who have had trouble scoring...i think torres will be different. As a fan i am pretty pissed at their current form after such a birght start i think we will regain form and finish top four as ususal however that is not good enough. simply i dont know how we can fix our inconsisitancy problems you cannot simply play the same team week in and out due to fatigue and tactics

Rotation is just another stupid stick to beat Rafa with, like zonal marking and Gerrard being played out of position by him. (With this horrible zonal marking, we've conceded the least goals in set pieces in the league. Has Gerrard played any better in the middle? Where was he playing back in his best season? Not in the middle, I suppose)

He's put out very very close to his best side for the past two league games and the players have failed him. The players have to take bigger responsibility.

• Banned
titles aren't handed out in october. I'm guessing the thread starter is an arsenal fan?

Irrelevant.. But if you had to know yes.. Just an observation on Liverpool that's all.. IMHO Man united will win the title.. But Arsenal will go a lot closer than Liverpool.

titles aren't handed out in october. I'm guessing the thread starter is an arsenal fan?
you are right though, for all their poor form they have managed to stay within striking range of the top of the table.
Because they have been defensively the best team in the league so far this season (surely man utd/arsenal close 2nd/3rd) then they stand a chance to be in full contention in several months time when, and only a matter of time, they find their form.

• Banned
you are right though, for all their poor form they have managed to stay within striking range of the top of the table.
Because they have been defensively the best team in the league so far this season (surely man utd/arsenal close 2nd/3rd) then they stand a chance to be in full contention in several months time when, and only a matter of time, they find their form.

Liverpool's next 3 games Everton a Arsenal h Blackburn a, I think they will struggle to win one. Championships can't be won in October but they sure as hell can be lost:thumbsu:

Arsenal:
Bolton (H) 3-1
Liverpool (A) 1-0
Man Utd (H) 2-1
+9 points

Liverpool:
Everton (A) 2-0
Arsenal (H) 0-1
Blackburn (A) 1-1
+4 points

Man Utd:
Aston Villa (A) 1-1
Middlesboro (H) 2-0
Arsenal (A) 1-2
+4 points

Arsenal: 31
Man Utd: 24
Liverpool: 20

Sound bout right??

Arsenal:
Bolton (H) 3-1
Liverpool (A) 1-0
Man Utd (H) 2-1
+9 points

Liverpool:
Everton (A) 2-0
Arsenal (H) 0-1
Blackburn (A) 1-1
+4 points

Man Utd:
Aston Villa (A) 1-1
Middlesboro (H) 2-0
Arsenal (A) 1-2
+4 points

Arsenal: 31
Man Utd: 24
Liverpool: 20

Sound bout right??

That will do me mate:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under Rafa they will never win the title!! His rotational policy is only good for keeping players refreshed for cup games. Make no Mistake Liverpool is a cup team and a great one at the that, but to win the title you need consistancy and balance which they clearly don't have.

Looks like I was right on the money with this.

Still think Rafa is shaping the squad. Don't think he'll win it for a few seasons yet, but he will eventually. Carra and Gerrard are desperate to win it, but i somehow think Carra might miss out unless he hangs around a-la Hyypia.

Took Ferguson a while to get going, was it 6 or 7 years before he won the title? you could definately say Benitez has had a better start at Liverpool than Fergie had a man utd making 2 CL finals and winning one of them as well as winning the FA Cup.

LB, 2 quality wide wingers and another striker is all we're missing i think. We get top drawer players for those positions, we'll be winning titles sooner rather than later.... i hope. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool Not good enough for Title

Remove this Banner Ad

Back