Discussion LM Franchise Auction and Apologize

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I don't have my laptop over the holidays because I move to a new laptop at the start of the year.
Hopefully I may then re design in early 2018

Hey Grandsun, follow your dream to become a commentator like your hero Basil Zempilas. All it takes is practice. For example, open the voice recorder app on your phone and then watch a YouTube clip of a great AFL moment but mute the video so you can commentate and then replay your commentary over the muted video and see how you sound and then work from there. Listen to Bruce and try to imitate him. Listen to BT and do the same. Test yourself out. Understand the vocal changes, understand when to get excited and when to use stats. You can do it man. Make your dream come true dude you just gotta work on it.
don't listen to BT :D

Thank you for your support. You have continued to encourage me for a long time. Thank you. I must say the thing that is hard for me is the ability to find good templates to use. Particularly in soccer/rugby and cricket. People may say to make my own but the honest truth is that I don't have the time.
Good luck with schooling Grandsun - you do have a bit of talent - that design you made for the "Clash of the Ranges" shows that you have some talent for this stuff. Learn from mistakes - and if you do come back and do some more comp stuff, spend this off time in designing stuff that defines you, one that people will want to adapt themselves.

Nobody wants your teams Grandsun.

No offence. Nobody wants anyone else's teams.

The only scenario where I could see that anyone would want to take over someone else's team on this board is if it was a long term NAFL club where the owner didn't have the time for it anymore and somebody else took it over with the original owner's blessing to continue it's legacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Username: fancyscum
Team: San Diego Lakers
Reason: I have already established a strong identity with the Lakers brand and I am looking to protect that in upcoming Can Am seasons.
Everyone get behind my bid please to show Grandsun that I have the full support of FJGD in my campaign against Sunburner! #lakerscum2018

I'm glad you've come back to address this Lynton. I suggest you stick around because there's a lot you can learn here - not just about designing but there's a good group of guys here and you'll learn a thing or two about life too. As far as using other people's work goes, please understand that this is not limited to this board - everywhere you go you will be asked to use other people's thoughts and ideas to support your own and it is imperative that you acknowledge when a thought or idea is not your own. That's not to say that you can't use them but there is an etiquette that you would do well to learn. There is also great value to developing your own work.

NAFLR was not the first time this occurred which I suspect is why a few members were frustrated. Personally, I hope you stick around and work on these issues rather than run from them. Your studies are very important and should be priority number one for you but you've shown some promise as a designer and the skills you learn here, be it designing, how to interact with people or any number of other life lessons, will help you in other areas of your life.

I leave you with a snapshot of my time here (18 months). In that time I have designed, sought feedback, studied other designs, researched, practiced and made mistakes. You won't be designing footy jumpers on FJGD for the next 50 years but you have a chance to do something bigger here - to create work that is truly your own and earn back the respect of everyone here. The ability to bounce back from mistakes, earn respect and forgive when others mistakes are tools that you find valuable throughout your journey in life.

Stick around mate and show us what you've got!

First ever BF submission:
am4jAjS.png

First competition entry:

rbwyCAb.png

Latest competition entry:
PHgozEb.png
Really classy response. It's nice to see some camaraderie on the board.

User Name: Sunburner
Team: Greater Gippsland Bears

Team: East Gippsland Hawks

Team: San Diego Lakers

Okay fair enough that you created a new account, that's fair game. But why bid for your own teams with it?

Unless this whole auction idea was a ruse designed to hand over your teams to your new account seamlessly.

In any case, I bid for the Bears and I want to launch them to greater heights next NAFL season. Please let me have them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion LM Franchise Auction and Apologize

Remove this Banner Ad

Back