Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about football geelong having a meeting this wedneday in regards to St Albans goin to the bfl and Geelong ammo's replacing them?

The bloke who told me about this could be having me on but he told me St Albans have told football geelong they wanna play bfl. If this is true, its weak as piss by St Albans but as i said i could be on the recieving end of a sick joke.

And if it is true why should ammo's be the side to replace them? If anyone comes in it has to be Ocean Grove. Ammo's in a stronger posistion at the moment but there dominance lately hasnt reflected in silverwear. My opinion is the grubbers should be strongly considered.

Has anyone heard anything about football geelong having a meeting this wedneday in regards to St Albans goin to the bfl and Geelong ammo's replacing them?

The bloke who told me about this could be having me on but he told me St Albans have told football geelong they wanna play bfl. If this is true, its weak as piss by St Albans but as i said i could be on the recieving end of a sick joke.

And if it is true why should ammo's be the side to replace them? If anyone comes in it has to be Ocean Grove. Ammo's in a stronger posistion at the moment but there dominance lately hasnt reflected in silverwear. My opinion is the grubbers should be strongly considered.

I have heard a similar rumour....

Newcomb result's so far...

Round 1- Queenscliff 231 points.
Round 2- Torquay 280 points.
Round 3- Ocean Grove 215 points.
Round 4- Modda 151 points.
Round 5- Drysdale 289 points.
Round 6- Portarlington 123 points.
Round 7- Ammo's 226 points.
Round 8- Barwon Heads 228 points.
Round 9- Anglesea 273 points.
Round 10- Queenscliff 247 points.
Round 11- Torquay 212 points.
Round 12- Ocean Grove 231 points.

Merge or fold you disgusting footy club. Does anyone feel sorry for them?
Worry about your own club clown. Have you ever seen them play in a final?

Whats the chances of this story getting a run in the Geelong Advertiser this week? Pretty good i'd say.
I'd be asking to be put on the payroll when it gets a run if i was you TF.

St Albans 2nds are equal 2nd on the ladder, U/18 are performing ok with big numbers in the juniors why would they move. My mail is the VCFL will step in and forceably move Newcomb to the GDFL (away from a major league status league) and a club out North way that has not won a game at any level will head to the BFL. No club in BFL to move with Bye in GFL.

St Albans 2nds are equal 2nd on the ladder, U/18 are performing ok with big numbers in the juniors why would they move. My mail is the VCFL will step in and forceably move Newcomb to the GDFL (away from a major league status league) and a club out North way that has not won a game at any level will head to the BFL. No club in BFL to move with Bye in GFL.

The Newcomb call makes sense but if your refering to North Shore being demoted i highly doubt that would happen.

The St Albans rumor is being led by a one man band at the club with absolutely no support from Members, players, sponsors and supporters the bloke leading this charge (initials I.D) is looking for an easy way out and I think he'll get it by being shown the door if he persists to push it by all reports.

A big club like St Albans would rather be a straggler in GFL than win an inferior GDFL of BFL flag.

Powersaur why get upset at people asking questions of your club? There is no way in hell Football Geelong will allow a club to go around having a season like you have EVER AGAIN any decision may be out of your control. I did here a whisper that a possible move to the GDFL with a merger with GWSC, maybe not a bad idea for both clubs.

Worry about your own club clown. Have you ever seen them play in a final?

Your right Powersaur ive never seen my senior club in a final yet.. But then again my club has never payed out massive sums of money to tyrants for 3 years of success only to fall on its knee's when the good times dissapear.

Beau ill just be happy for the addy to mention my name as the story breaker if it does go to print!!

The call about the vcfl moving in and forcing Newcomb to move is spot on imo and football geelong would have to be very embarrased about whats gone on this year as its not a good look for the supposed strongest region of country footy.

Ive always rated St Albans has a great footy club and id be very suprised if this is the way they'd want to go. You've got to remember that until the last 5 years St Albans had generally been a pretty strong club with some good success, definately more success than clubs like grovey, gwsp or leopold and none of them clubs have ever made noises about moving on, they all wanna stick around and change the image of there clubs.

As for the comment about North Shore getting shifted to bfl, will never happen. Remember it was only 15 years ago that the seagulls run of 6 straight flags started. Maybe its time the vcfl moved in and forced the gdfl and football geelong into the 3 tiered promotion/relegation league that everyone else in geelong wants to happen. I believe if this doesnt happen within the next year or 2 we could see 4 maybe 5 clubs around this region fall by the wayside.

The St Albans rumor is being led by a one man band at the club with absolutely no support from Members, players, sponsors and supporters the bloke leading this charge (initials I.D) is looking for an easy way out and I think he'll get it by being shown the door if he persists to push it by all reports.

That wouldn't happen to be an ex president of the club by any chance?

Mr Finnigan, I am only new to this caper.
I have perused some of your earlier comments and I must admit have not agreed with everything you say, however I must admit that I agree with your previous comments about clubs falling by the wayside.

Unfortuntely I cannot see the GDFL agreeing to a three tiered system and coming under the banner of Football Geelong as they have a very successful and financial competion of their own going.

My personal opinion is that there are too many clubs in Geelong and not every club can maintain financial viability in this environment.

Yes, it is dissappointing that this may happen, in fact it will happen.

Not enough people with enough coin to go around to support all of these clubs.

I must say, I am surprised to hear the rumor about a certain person from St Albans leading a push to go to BFL. He is and was a well respected player and I am baffled that he would be wanting to entertain an idea to go to BFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lads my 2 cents on this.

Everything will remain as is and below is my reasoning;
  1. there are already 2 sides in the GDFL competing in the East therefore GDFL wont support a third so Newcomb to stay in the BFL or Fold. By the by why do you think they would be better off in the GDFL. The levels aren't that different and if they retained their current performance they would still get spanked by the better sides. Also Port weren't relegated when they were having a bad trot so why should Newcomb?
  2. Chances of North Shore or St Albans going to the BFL are zero. Don't need a reason this is just the fact however I will state my case. St Albans have the $'s to stay in and have a strong junior system meaning that their fuure is bright if they can attract the right people. North Shore are having a lean trot but once the factions align out that way they will be good to go. Also the only side catering for the north of Geeling in the GFL.

Someone has listed a rumour of Geelong West Cheetahs and Newcomb merging can you please explain any benefit either club would get from that.

Finally although I don't agree with Stiffmotors comments that there are too many clubs in Geelong I do agree with the comment that in the next 5 years we will see some teams dissapear.

What clubs to you think will dissapear Drago? The obvious 3 would be Anakie,Blue West and Newcomb. Maybe have the 2 sides from Geelong West join together? They already share the same ground and it would mean the whole suburb would be behind 1 club representing the area. Relocation is not the answer if you have a side like Newcomb move out to say Lovely Banks or out Waurn Ponds way but still being called Newcomb Power.

Its ridiculous that area's of Geelong such as East,West and North Geelong are clustered with clubs, many of them struggling to survive while out the South of Geelong 1 of Victoria's biggest growth area's ( Grovedale,Waurn ponds,Armstrong's creek,Highton ) there's only 3 clubs.

That wouldn't happen to be an ex president of the club by any chance?

Yes

I must say, I am surprised to hear the rumor about a certain person from St Albans leading a push to go to BFL. He is and was a well respected player and I am baffled that he would be wanting to entertain an idea to go to BFL.

It's the GDFL he's pushing for.

Someone has listed a rumour of Geelong West Cheetahs and Newcomb merging can you please explain any benefit either club would get from that.

I dunno, just heard it on the grapevine. The only thing I can think of is 2 wrongs make a right:)

The three tiered system based on promotion and relegation is as obvious as the nose on anyone's face. Year one would just be based on the current leagues; Div 1 GFL, Div 2 Bellerine and Div 3 GDFL. Divisions could be re-named but League B&Fs, etc could still keep their identitiy. The movement between the leagues will then see natural attrition work out Geelong's footballing problems. ie. if Ocean Grove deserves a place in the GFL, they will work their way up through promotion and then they will fight to stay there. If North Shore get relegated, then the challenge then is on the club to fight for their re-entry to Div 1. Through all its faults, the GCA system is right. Three Divisions, promotion and relegation. End of story.

The three tiered system based on promotion and relegation is as obvious as the nose on anyone's face. Year one would just be based on the current leagues; Div 1 GFL, Div 2 Bellerine and Div 3 GDFL. Divisions could be re-named but League B&Fs, etc could still keep their identitiy. The movement between the leagues will then see natural attrition work out Geelong's footballing problems. ie. if Ocean Grove deserves a place in the GFL, they will work their way up through promotion and then they will fight to stay there. If North Shore get relegated, then the challenge then is on the club to fight for their re-entry to Div 1. Through all its faults, the GCA system is right. Three Divisions, promotion and relegation. End of story.

Spot on there browny:thumbsu:. Only thing i wouldn't want is for it to be run the same way the gca run it. EVERY LEAGUE in Melbourne has promotion/relegation and it goes like this- Seniors come last in div1 whole club goes down to div2. Seniors win div2 flag whole club goes up, doesnt matter if ressies or u18's dont win a game.

The gca rule where its based over 3 years is crap. The gdfl probably wont go for it but im tipping alot of the stronger gdfl clubs would love the oppurtunity to play against the best sides in Geelong.

Great win by the mighty Ammos on the weekend, cleaned up the cocky Torquay mob quite easily. As per usual Drysdale have stumbled when they get to the top. Looks like another march to September glory for us.

As per usual 100% pure arrogance from you blokes ( Ammos09 ).
Don't get ahead of yourselves although I do believe if everyone is fit and firing you should be firm favourites.
Just remember what happened in previous years before you broke through last year.:eek:

As per usual 100% pure arrogance from you blokes ( Ammos09 ).
Don't get ahead of yourselves although I do believe if everyone is fit and firing you should be firm favourites.
Just remember what happened in previous years before you broke through last year.:eek:

Typical of the ammos to be getting all cocky early, always spending big dollars! wont even win it this year....pretenders!

Typical of the ammos to be getting all cocky early, always spending big dollars! wont even win it this year....pretenders!

Your an idiot if you think we arent any different to any other club in paying out dollars. Most clubs do its the way it is. I am sure Torquay do, as do St Marys, St Joeys and South Barwon etc. All the good clubs do it. I am probably getting a bit ahead, there is a long way to go.

Your an idiot if you think we arent any different to any other club in paying out dollars. Most clubs do its the way it is. I am sure Torquay do, as do St Marys, St Joeys and South Barwon etc. All the good clubs do it. I am probably getting a bit ahead, there is a long way to go.

gauranteed not one other club in the bfl spends anywhere near the amount of money you ammos do. funny thing is you are not that good aswell.

TF I don't know which clubs will fold all I am saying is that I think that there will be some clubs who don't survive the next 5 years.

In regard th etiered system I don't like it and don'y want it. I prefer it as is so that healthy rivalries can develop and so can the essence of a league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back