Not open for further replies.

muttonchops

Club Legend
Feb 24, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
GFL Grand Final

Sth Barwon v Colac - South to win easily.

League B & F - Mark Corrigan

BFL Grand Final

Geelong Amateurs v Drysdale

Ammos, but not by much

League B & F No idea, maybe someone from Newcomb.

Re: Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

GFL Grand Final

Sth Barwon v Colac - South to win easily.

League B & F - Mark Corrigan

BFL Grand Final

Geelong Amateurs v Drysdale

Ammos, but not by much

League B & F No idea, maybe someone from Newcomb.

GFL grand final- Sth Barwon vs St Joeys- Sth Barwon to win easy

Mathieson medal- Nick Batchelor ( Bell Park )

BFL grand final- Ammos vs Queenscliff- Coutas easily:thumbsu:

BFL league B & F- Lawson from Queenscliff

GF: Sth Barwon V Colac. Colac to win its first flag

Mathieson: Sheringham (BP).

The mighty Ammos to win the BFL by a massive margin. The other teams may as well not bother turning up for finals.

what hope has bell park got of playing in GF

Although they knocked St Marys off last week i still dont rate the dragons.
Talking to a few of there players tho they think they'll do some real damage on Kardinia Park but i think its just to hard winning a flag from 4th or 5th spot.

GFL Grand Final: Colac vs South Barwon with Colac Premiers

BFL Grand Final: Geelong Ammos vs Torquay with Ammos Premiers

Ash Medallist (BFL B&F): Roscoe Holmes (Queens)

Although they knocked St Marys off last week i still dont rate the dragons.
Talking to a few of there players tho they think they'll do some real damage on Kardinia Park but i think its just to hard winning a flag from 4th or 5th spot.

Don't write off the Dragons finishing third... Grovedale, Leopold and Lara are their opponents... will start faves in all...

St.Mary's have South, Joeys and St.Albans

Joeys have North Shore, St.Mary's and Leopold...

If I was a betting man, I'd have the Parkers' playing Colac in the first week of the finals... with the all-Catholic elimination final...

Don't write off the Dragons finishing third... Grovedale, Leopold and Lara are their opponents... will start faves in all...

St.Mary's have South, Joeys and St.Albans

Joeys have North Shore, St.Mary's and Leopold...

If I was a betting man, I'd have the Parkers' playing Colac in the first week of the finals... with the all-Catholic elimination final...

Im gonna go against you there ftb and my ladder looks like this after round 18.
South Barwon
Colac
St Joeys
Bell Park
St Marys

St Marys to knock Bell Park out in the elimination final.

Colac to beat Joeys in the qualifying final.

South Barwon to beat Colac in the 2nd semi final.

Joeys to beat St Marys in the 1st semi final.

Joeys to beat Colac in the preliminary final.

South Barwon to beat Joeys in the grand final.

Any news on who may have/maybe applying for the Portarlington or Barwon Heads coaching gigs?

Rumour has it Steve Clark is keen to coach again.

South Barwon in a canter the only thing that will stop them is if a few players get injured. They are still the best drilled side in the GFL you only have to watch them to see they all work for one another and the other sides in the finals are still a fair way off

Anyone care to comment on the sides out of the finals race what is needed to catch up to the pack and maybe what team will be the big player throwing cash round at seasons end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Barwon in a canter the only thing that will stop them is if a few players get injured. They are still the best drilled side in the GFL you only have to watch them to see they all work for one another and the other sides in the finals are still a fair way off

Anyone care to comment on the sides out of the finals race what is needed to catch up to the pack and maybe what team will be the big player throwing cash round at seasons end?

Not sure if Sth will do it in a canter as on there day probably every side in could win it, even the side i dont rate Bell Park. I know i did say Sth will win it easy but it could be very even if all sides play at there best.

As for the sides outside the top5 it'll be hard for them to break into the 5 next year as i cant see the current top 5 going downhill anytime soon.

The 2 clubs in the best posistion to challenge in my opinion are Leopold and Grovedale. I dont know much about Leopold but they seem to have a good side on paper but probably need a couple more players to be a threat.

I think Grovedale are in the best position they've been in for years with a brilliant coach and a good bunch of young enthusiastic players who love playing for each other. If they can pick up a good experienced midfielder and a ruckmen plus a forward who can deliver 65-70 goals ( i know these players dont grow on trees ) i feel they can finally get themselves in a posistion to challenge the top clubs.

Can you ammo's boys fill us in on what happened in the u18 game against Port on the wknd??? Apprently Port ended up with 11 players on the ground after 7 got sent off in the last quarter.

I think Grovedale are in the best position they've been in for years with a brilliant coach and a good bunch of young enthusiastic players who love playing for each other. If they can pick up a good experienced midfielder and a ruckmen plus a forward who can deliver 65-70 goals ( i know these players dont grow on trees ) i feel they can finally get themselves in a posistion to challenge the top clubs.

Talk about changing your mind, you on the payroll down at Burdoo now?

Couldn't say a good word about them or their recruits 6 months ago!

The mighty Ammos to win the BFL by a massive margin. The other teams may as well not bother turning up for finals.
Name one team that has been a tough competitor for Ammos?Yes the other teams should not bother turning up as this is a one horse race!!

GFL -South barwon vs colac
BFL - Ammos vs Drysdale

Talk about changing your mind, you on the payroll down at Burdoo now?

Couldn't say a good word about them or their recruits 6 months ago!

Not that i have to explain myself to you blokes but im pretty sure ive come out and admited i was wrong about some of my comments made before the start of the season.

How bout you and randy let me know who you's support??? If its a club thats made finals 3 times in 30 years then you's may understand my frustrations at times!

Not that i have to explain myself to you blokes but im pretty sure ive come out and admited i was wrong about some of my comments made before the start of the season.

How bout you and randy let me know who you's support??? If its a club thats made finals 3 times in 30 years then you's may understand my frustrations at times!

Great to see you are so passionate about the club Tim. If there were more people at the club like yourself when i was there maybe they would not have been in the situation there in.

Anyone got any more news on players moving or coming to clubs next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back