Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Bell Park to start their season off well in Colac
-St Marys likewise against Sth Barwon
-Newtown just over St Albans
-Leopold easily against North Shore
-St Josephs over Lara by plenty
-GWSP comfortably over Grovedale.

-close game colac/ bellpark... but i think park will get over the line
-bit rough calling a win against last years premiers.. think sth barwon will get over the line in round one.. by a few goals
-don't know ne thing about newtown/ st albans so can't pick a winner-draw
-don't think i could pick a winner between leopold and north shore either-shore won't be as bad as expected. alot of new/ young faces around the team.. with the likes of milligan and a few 18's with some talent coming up- but if greeves plays, i think pold will get over the line
-joeys and lara both with a lot of new faces, think joeys will get up in a close one
- and good call in the GWSP V grovedale..
west should pump em

-close game colac/ bellpark... but i think park will get over the line
-bit rough calling a win against last years premiers.. think sth barwon will get over the line in round one.. by a few goals
-don't know ne thing about newtown/ st albans so can't pick a winner-draw
-don't think i could pick a winner between leopold and north shore either-shore won't be as bad as expected. alot of new/ young faces around the team.. with the likes of milligan and a few 18's with some talent coming up- but if greeves plays, i think pold will get over the line
-joeys and lara both with a lot of new faces, think joeys will get up in a close one
- and good call in the GWSP V grovedale..
west should pump em

Bell Park too talented for Colac
St.Mary's all-star line-up to defeat Sth Barwon
Newtown/Chilwell just over St.Albans
Leopold to have a rare win at Windsor Park
St.Joseph's likewise at the Snake Pit
Grovedale to push Red West...but the Roosters to get home

Also, to the Addy...why have you got photos of players in your local footy preview that don't play with the club anymore... ie Matt Kershaw in the Barwon Heads preview?

Hi Thank you for that. Just wondering what club your from?

to both who answer my question I understand if you don't want to answer who your are.

Newtown. There is a big difference in standard between GFL and GDFL, Joel is still a GDFL player in the way he plays. Give him time and maybe he might become a stronger play in the ressies, but i cant see him playing seniors for a fair few years to come.

The Barwon Heads boys will think twice before they try to intimidate the young fellas again. All I can say is don't poke the bear. Brothers will always look after each other.

Powerpunch are you telling us there was a bit of argy bargy between the power and heads?? don't be afraid to share some more details!
And great to see the mighty coutas give drysdale a footballing lesson at the bowl today coming out 15 goal winners!! wouldn't like to be on the track at drysdale this week!!

The Barwon Heads boys will think twice before they try to intimidate the young fellas again. All I can say is don't poke the bear. Brothers will always look after each other.

If you are refering to an incident where a newcomb player ran 15m to king hit the barwon heads 18 yr old ruck man from behind that's a funny interpretation of intimidation. Will have to see the tribunals call on that one. Or maybe you are refering to the newcomb full back making a cheap and late hit an other barwon heads 17 yr old in the head when he'd taken the mark.

Open up your one eye powerpunch and tell it like it actually was. Newcomb were being beaten and a few players decided it was better to go the biff then play the ball. If that's the example being set for their 'young fellas' then its going to be a very long year for them. If they cut the undisciplined crap and aim to improve their footy that's going to be a much better example. Only need to take a look at Portarlington. Get the attitude right and the rest starts to follow.

I am rerffering to the 'young fella' that did run 10m to defend his brother, that is real young, that was being maulled by a group of barwon heads thugs (a ruck man or two). It was definetly not a king hit. If you think that you can justify it in your eyes this way then good on you. I am not one eyed, and if it was not on, I would be the first to say that it was not justified. In this case was justified, if it was my brother, what he done would not compare to the wraith that I would bestow the germ that would dare touch my sibling like that. Take that however you want, but these are my feelings and if you like to disagree then good on you because this is why I like this forum so much. It will never get to the level of a face to face confrontation that spirals out of control, but at the same time getting your point of view accross. Get amongst it........

I am rerffering to the 'young fella' that did run 10m to defend his brother, that is real young, that was being maulled by a group of barwon heads thugs (a ruck man or two). It was definetly not a king hit. If you think that you can justify it in your eyes this way then good on you. I am not one eyed, and if it was not on, I would be the first to say that it was not justified. In this case was justified, if it was my brother, what he done would not compare to the wraith that I would bestow the germ that would dare touch my sibling like that. Take that however you want, but these are my feelings and if you like to disagree then good on you because this is why I like this forum so much. It will never get to the level of a face to face confrontation that spirals out of control, but at the same time getting your point of view accross. Get amongst it........
Message to Edna Mahoney: "All we are saying is give powerpunch a chance". Three very solid games and a lot younger than you!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some unbelievable results in local footy, 1st with the GDFL, Inverleigh beating Corio and then Bell Post smashing Anakie then the BFL, Drysdale getting a hiding from Queenscliff, something must be going on out Drysdale way, then the GFL, alot of close games with the biggest margin being the Nth Shore vs Leopold game at only 6 goals(which everyone predicted more), i was at this game and Nth Shore may upset a few clubs this year! All 22 players had a dip, but i must admit after the 1st quarter (6 goals to 0) i thought it was gonna be a 20+ goal win, but to Nth Shores credit they hit back in the 2nd quarter to be down by only 4 points at half time, but Leopold kicked away mainly in last quarter! Looks like a good year for local football.

yeah the north shore leopold game was heading for a white wash early but north shore have got some excellent young players who have stayed at the club so they will actually do alot better then most people are expecting. their reserves side may not be as strong this year but the senior side will definitely ruffle some feathers amongst opposition teams.

Hey favre, is this English? Are you trying to say that the kid shouldn't ever play seniors?:confused:

sorry mate i realised when i submitted it that it kind of didnt make sense. i was writing something different then changed it and it still have that 'if;' at the start and stuff. nah im not saying he shouldnt ever at all. but unless he has improved alot in the last year i wouldnt expect that he would be playing seniors this year especially in the gfl

Hi Wanganeen93. Those praccy game can you please tell me where he played
and how you think Newtown will go this year?

well when spolding, goodwin and bouch are fit plus adam cook when glenelg decide to clear him are playing, Newtown will be very good. as to Joel Jeramenko* The kid didnt even play ressies in round 1 against St Albans. His not injured either. So i doubt the kid will stick around at the club. wouldnt be surprised if he goes back to thompson.

well when spolding, goodwin and bouch are fit plus adam cook when glenelg decide to clear him are playing, Newtown will be very good. as to Joel Jeramenko* The kid didnt even play ressies in round 1 against St Albans. His not injured either. So i doubt the kid will stick around at the club. wouldnt be surprised if he goes back to thompson.

I can tell you where he can get a senior game, NEWCOMB because he would be better then some of the players they have in there ones and by there form half of them should be in the seconds where they belong.

Yeah I know he didn't play i was at Newtown today watching the 1st and he told all the thomson players he was playing seniors on sunday!!!

And is this true when he come to the club did he so he played seniors at Thomson yes or no? becuase he straggled to get a game in the two last year

haha, he did! was shown up in the praccy matches in the reserves, so maybe he should help newcomb out and go play in their ressies.

haha, he did! was shown up in the praccy matches in the reserves, so maybe he should help newcomb out and go play in their ressies.
We will take him, although we did have quite a few players miss out on a game in the two's. We definetly need senior players to support our great core seniors. Can only improve from here, I hope.:eek:

lads did anyone catch the coutas v drysdale game?
how did this happen? are the coutas playing with alot of young fellas?
glad drysdale got a spanking from the team everyone thought would be wooden spooners. maybe the power might get a big win against the hawks hahaha

We will take him, although we did have quite a few players miss out on a game in the two's. We definetly need senior players to support our great core seniors. Can only improve from here, I hope.:eek:

Thats the problem, the kid says his a seniors player, when he has never played a seniors game at Thompson let alone at Newtown.

I can appreciate your passion but no justification needed. A punch from behind when the player isn't expecting it is not on, regardless of age. Like I said it will be interesting to see how the umps saw it unfold. You've obviously got some simmering angst againts barwon heads, but as you say that's your take.

Thats the problem, the kid says his a seniors player, when he has never played a seniors game at Thompson let alone at Newtown.

the best thing to happen to joel was gettin sent off for getting headbutted in a game few years back. you can only say so many things before it all catches up to you, guess the kid will learn soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back