Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWANNEES said:
will play with gwsp if gilham is coach only other club would be hoppers
stiil very good at 29

he actually played his junior footy at hoppers, they have tried to get him back a few times, doubt he would ever go back there..

agree, he is still very good, but is he motivated enough at 29 to up and down the highway 3 times a week with the other factors to consider??

tommahawk_07 said:
what does the poor bloke do for a job? if hes making the coin off footy that saunders does a career change might have been the better option? just a thought...
From what i understand he is a plumber and works for himself. He has only played 6 seasons out of the last 8 and has won 3 league medals not bad,found out today he represented vic country this year, but why wouldn't he leave centrals.

Whispers said:
What small town would that be in the GDFL? Winch, Inverleigh, Banno or Anakie?

Speaking of the GDFL, Blue West's B and F winner Andrew Spengler is heading back to Red West to play with Peter Riccardi but only for one yeah apparently. The cheetahs are going backwards...
From what i've heard spengler is the most hated player at blue west maybe its good for them he's going

straughnie59 said:
From what i understand he is a plumber and works for himself. He has only played 6 seasons out of the last 8 and has won 3 league medals not bad,found out today he represented vic country this year, but why wouldn't he leave centrals.

I was told today that he owns, manages and runs the sewerage plant in Werribee. Tough job......
Has he ever thought of hiring somebody else? He may then be able to actually play every year. Just a thought.....
Also, 3 league medals in the GDFL is not that much of an achievement. When blokes like Jade Hayes are regulars in a finals team's starting line-up, you know that the league struggles.
Further, good work to toot toot on his Saunders "unsigned" tip-off. That was a real good fact.......Sleep:thumbsdown:

Interesting sarge at Banno... More to the story but we won't talk about it here hey! They havent started asking anyone to coach yet but Sheedy has been approached by West Blue to coach them...

Interesting.

What a great thread!

I've been in WA the last 4 years, and have moved back recently, so to be able to catch up on the seasons news has been awesome.

Just some questions if i may:

Somebody mentioned Fop was replaced at St Marys. Is he going back to NS, or playing at StM??

I heard from a friend that Ricky O'Toole maybe looking to go back to GFL with StJ. Anybody else heard this? Apparantly he's on holidays in QLD at the moment and will sit down with Newcomb when he gets back.

Where has Nath Saunders played the last few seasons? I'm shocked he isn't at BP if returning to GFL..

Speaking of BP, where does Adam Finn play nowadays? Did he go to North Geelong?

Thanks guys.

G.F.C said:
What a great thread!

I've been in WA the last 4 years, and have moved back recently, so to be able to catch up on the seasons news has been awesome.

Just some questions if i may:

Somebody mentioned Fop was replaced at St Marys. Is he going back to NS, or playing at StM??

I heard from a friend that Ricky O'Toole maybe looking to go back to GFL with StJ. Anybody else heard this? Apparantly he's on holidays in QLD at the moment and will sit down with Newcomb when he gets back.

Where has Nath Saunders played the last few seasons? I'm shocked he isn't at BP if returning to GFL..

Speaking of BP, where does Adam Finn play nowadays? Did he go to North Geelong?

Thanks guys.

adam finn went to queensland to play with labrador 2 years ago. was going to return to bell park at start of 2006 but had commitments in queensland so stayed there. not even sure if he continued playing up there but if he comes back he will definately find himself back at dragon land..

Whos girlfriend was on the show "Footy chicks" SBS i think it was Nathan Tresize's old one but not sure
Did any Bell Parkers watch it?????????

Rusty-Coach said:
Whos girlfriend was on the show "Footy chicks" SBS i think it was Nathan Tresize's old one but not sure
Did any Bell Parkers watch it?????????

yeh i heard the same rusty-coach apparently she goes out with ben holland now or somethin...

Flat Track Bully said:
A couple of stories floating around...

1/ Wade Chapman to coach Drysdale

2/ Paul Lynch to Torquay

I knew Drysdale was getting a new coach but didn't know who... Although I think the rumours are strong on Lynch signing with Leopold ALTHOUGH would Lynch go to Torquay to replace Skrobalak when he goes to Bell Post Hill?? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a whisper for you whispers. It seems not only Fitzgerald is coming over to the dragons from Joeys next year, word has it a few off their rising stars are coming with him to make Bell Parks list even stronger. I.e. Luke (Tom Cruise) Podbury.:thumbsu:

C7-Heaven said:
Got a whisper for you whispers. It seems not only Fitzgerald is coming over to the dragons from Joeys next year, word has it a few off their rising stars are coming with him to make Bell Parks list even stronger. I.e. Luke (Tom Cruise) Podbury.:thumbsu:

Rising stars! Would be interesting to see who he is speaking to! Podbury to Bell Park? Interesting... I'm sure his loyalty will keep him there. Would you know any players he has in mind?

G.F.C said:
Glen Keast back to North Shore as non-playing coach. Travis Robertson his playing assistant.

Robertson will get a few players to come with him too.
Early Prediction. Powerhouse club will be back where it should be ON TOP in 07".

Whispers said:
Rising stars! Would be interesting to see who he is speaking to! Podbury to Bell Park? Interesting... I'm sure his loyalty will keep him there. Would you know any players he has in mind?
Nah just speaking to Podbury and he is very keen and he says a few more are coming across. Final Word- I heard you are loosing more than you are bringing in. I.e. Bernie Lynch is aparently gone and maybe Ged Brody.

Also there is a new thread for after football stories or happenings of a night time called 'Eureka Back Bar'. Get on to tell us some stories about local players after hours activities.:thumbsu:

C7-Heaven said:
Nah just speaking to Podbury and he is very keen and he says a few more are coming across. Final Word- I heard you are loosing more than you are bringing in. I.e. Bernie Lynch is aparently gone and maybe Ged Brody.

c7 you must have missed the advertiser article today not like you i must say. lynch has been named a development coach at nth shore in a similar role to allthorpe at bell park. this may be a result of other clubs throwing money at him and nth shore looking for reasons to justify paying him more...

tommahawk_07 said:
c7 you must have missed the advertiser article today not like you i must say. lynch has been named a development coach at nth shore in a similar role to allthorpe at bell park. this may be a result of other clubs throwing money at him and nth shore looking for reasons to justify paying him more...
Really my inside man 'big bad' Zane Vail is giving me false information

Whispers said:
I knew Drysdale was getting a new coach but didn't know who... Although I think the rumours are strong on Lynch signing with Leopold ALTHOUGH would Lynch go to Torquay to replace Skrobalak when he goes to Bell Post Hill?? :rolleyes:
CALL CASEY ROBINS ,A GUN FOOTBALLER GOING TO LIVE IN GEELONG
LEAGUE B & F WINNER
CLUB B & F WINNER TWICE
COACH FOR 4 YEARS AT WOOMELANG LASCELLES
MORE DETAILS WRITE BACK

BLUES25 said:
CALL CASEY ROBINS ,A GUN FOOTBALLER GOING TO LIVE IN GEELONG
LEAGUE B & F WINNER
CLUB B & F WINNER TWICE
COACH FOR 4 YEARS AT WOOMELANG LASCELLES
MORE DETAILS WRITE BACK

St Mary's FC, look em up.

Looking For Players

Woomelang Lascelles Football Club

Car Load Of Players To Play Next Year

Great Club
Great Social Night Life
Great Girls
Netballers Won 5 Out Of 5 Grand Finals Last Year ,this Year 3 Of Of 5 Grand Finals
Runner Up The Last 2 Years In Seniors ,seconds Back To Back 2001-2002 Plus 2005
Football Trip Just Back From Sydney
Write Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back