Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tip For Grand Final

Sth Barwon looking for 3 in a row Bell Park who created a dynasty in the under 18's looking for a second flag in 5 years.
I as most hope that For john fitzgerald the parker boys get over the line and if anyone is going to do it it will be john.
My Tip
Bell Park 21 points
B.O.G.- Hard to go past Armstrong and Talbot but Kane Robertson for mine one of the toughest and fair footballers in the leauge

Will Sammy Loftus get a gig after missing the past few games with injury???

Lets hope so sammy is a stalwart out there and also a great bloke i play cricket with him, very talented sportsman and very humble at that

And who may some of these Heads boys who cross the bridge to OG be? From what i know its more the other way around, guys on the fringe at OG that travel to Heads??

Sorry, shouldve clarified, i meant talentedjuniors from around that area gravitite towards OG and BH get the "fringe" players as u call them...

What are Barwon Heads like as a club?

How many players do they require to move up the ladder?

Its a good club and has good facilities. Appears to be a pretty young team that needs some direction. Played some good, not outstanding footy in the second half of the year. They had dual playing coaches which in my opinion never works. They're after a new coach so that could be a good thing.

From what i've seen this year they need tall key position players. Their CHF left early in the season and they didn't really replace him. Need a ruck, probably a CHB and CHF or FF. Kershaw was their FF but he retired. Have got other parts of the ground covered ok. Maybe a gun on baller. They have some good younger talent.

Well done to Sth Barwon on the weekend. In the end, too much polish for the young Dragons. Maybe the weeks break helped, but it seemed they had more numbers around the contested footy, and Bell Park's turnovers in the second half also didn't help.

Heard on K-Rock on Saturday that he and the club have parted ways after meeting on Wednesday night.

Names linked with St.Joey's job so far are Glenn Keast, Andy Lovell and Mick Atkins.
Atkins is linked to Barwon Heads, none of these guys you named have got the Joeys job, or are any chance of coaching there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Addy's at it again...

Once again a sub-editor doing sport who knows nothing...

Check out the "The Insiders" page. (43)

Can anybody tell me anything wrong with the photo...

Well it's not the photo...except the fact it's 12 months old...memo Geelong Addy...Paul Sullivan DID NOT play Saturday.

The departures from Windsor Park have started..............joining Travis Robertson at Ammos in 2008 will be Damien Zaparenkov.

The departures from Windsor Park have started..............joining Travis Robertson at Ammos in 2008 will be Damien Zaparenkov.

That is great news for the Ammos. Robbo knows a lot of people in football and i am sure this wont be the last recruit.

They dont need to many players Ammos. If they keep most of their players from this year plus gain a few they will be a big contender this year.

And dont forget that Travis Robertson is probably the biggest recruit of them all. Yes he is coach but he will dominate the BFL as a player.

St Joey's big man Dan Madden has been appointed non-playing coach of Therry Penola in the VAFA for 2008 in D2. His connection to the club is that he teaches at the feeder school which should work to his advantage. Can anyone tell me anything about him? Will he do a good job?

St Joey's big man Dan Madden has been appointed non-playing coach of Therry Penola in the VAFA for 2008 in D2. His connection to the club is that he teaches at the feeder school which should work to his advantage. Can anyone tell me anything about him? Will he do a good job?

Thats great for Dan. He was a great player and probably won't play again due to a knee reconstruction. He is a very smart footballer and that was shown by the way he could out play opponents who were atheltically better then Dan. He will also be a great coach due to his communication skills, in particular with the younger players.

Good luck to him.

I heard that Doug Scott (Former Hawthorn and Box Hill listed player) as been approached by Newtown. Bell Park have already signed a big name for the SANFL also...

Tony Brown & Dan Sullivan won't be at Memorial Park next year.........Brown will stay in Melbourne & play A Grade Amateurs, whilst Sullivan will stay down in Warrnambool where he's employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back