Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
who u callin bogans ya loser, your probably one of those faggy newtown supporters that thinks there better than every1 else!

hahaha:D. Seriously, u dont expect any sympathy from other clubs who have been on the end of your constant arrogance, sniping and loutish behaviour the past decade or so do u? :thumbsu:

Also the game against St. Marys, the Football Geelong website has the best players as: CHRISTOPHER CHUBB, TRAVIS ROBERTSON, CHRISTIAN SHAW, MARK LLOYD, DAVID NAPIER, DANIEL MILLIGAN, COREY LOCKWOOD

The top 6 are going!
the top 3 have gone definate yeah ill take that. but the next 3 are wait and see. no definates yet.

OK, for arguments sake name those couple on the bench. The names that are leaving all are ones players, none of them played 2's in 2007.
Who are the youngsters coming through?! Not many in the U18's apart from Grace and Pittman.

bench would be albon, lockwood and then take your pick from stickland, jervies, jervies, sutej, lefevre, williams, pyle, obrien and carr. ormeno and the coach bernie lynch werent in that team. not much youngsters coming out of under 18. pittman along with about 5 others have gone to anakie. clearances pending of course. not so much under 18 coming through but players in the reserves last year not getting a game even though they were playin well and the seniors werent going so well. i can see pretty much the same sort of year this year for north shore. the desperatly need a couple of talls though.

we dont want sympathy, we dont need it! wat team do u follow?

Dont follow any mate, i follow Geelong football in general. Have played GFL footy in the past though so i feel like i am qualified to comment. But enough about me, how are the Shore boys shaping up, who are the new recruits? :D

its about 9 after you take in the 4 that i mentioned that werent named. maybe try and get 4 or 5 recruits and then the development of a couple of youngsters. a very young team beata near full strength st. marys in the last game of the year so they youngs players cant be that bad. after speaking with the president he told me from his very mouth money is not the problem. the club is in its best financial position for at least a decade, its just the business of attracting players. they have the money now they are working hard. like i said, anything over 6 wins would have to be seen as a successful season following on from last year.

Thats correct Clangers don`t have to improve much from last years dismal effort. If the club has got money why cant they attract some quality players??? They seem to have lost some quality people around the club over the last few years???

Thats correct Clangers don`t have to improve much from last years dismal effort. If the club has got money why cant they attract some quality players??? They seem to have lost some quality people around the club over the last few years???

In modern day local football, if a cashed up club can't attract quite a few good recruits then alarm bells should be ringing.

Who are the new recruits for any of the clubs this year? What clubs have lost players as well. Anyone got any ideas?

South Barwon got Reece Woods back Central in the SANFL

I've heard Newtown have lost so many players, i lost count on my two hands...

from what ive heard the club had a coached lined up from melbourne and he had agreed and everything then pulled out at the last minute because his missus wanted to spend another year in the city. the club started planning and when he bailed out the club was back to square one. so while all other teams around geelong were hunting recruits, north shore were as well, but the first question people ask is whos coaching. by the time someone was appointed a lot of quailty players had already commited to wherever they were playing. having said that, ive been told they are still workin pretty hard on bringing new quality players in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this reflect in any way on coach Mapleson? An interleague coach, surely he has some qualities.

its a tricky question, cos i know most players that are leaving are just at the age where they want to travel and get more experiences out of life, and mapleson i'm sure does have qualities, but i don't think he was able to talk the players around into staying.

He came to the club after one of the best coaches the GFL has had. so his still trying to fill the boots left for him.

i was just wonderin which Clayton has Grovedale picked up cause i know its not Shane but is it Mark Or Jeremy???
he played in the Shepparton League last year
can anyone tell me?

Does this reflect in any way on coach Mapleson? An interleague coach, surely he has some qualities.

Lets just say that they have lost their whole midfield from last year, including ruck. they lost the best FF in the GFL and about 8 other players.

but they have got a fair few fresh faces such as mitch scott from drysdale and his brother. Doug Scott from Box Hill/Hawthorn and quite a few young players that will be looking for senior selection. Also, a new captain will be named at newtown in 08.

not sure i'd agree that Jay 'Stringbean' Bett would be the best full forward in the league.. i reckon he's better in the backline myself, or in the ruck like he was back at the cats..

Lets just say that they have lost their whole midfield from last year, including ruck. they lost the best FF in the GFL and about 8 other players.

but they have got a fair few fresh faces such as mitch scott from drysdale and his brother. Doug Scott from Box Hill/Hawthorn and quite a few young players that will be looking for senior selection. Also, a new captain will be named at newtown in 08.

can anyone from newtown confirm the story that doug scott brought footy boots and a pair of gloves (like gary ablett used to wear) to his first training session in november?

can anyone from newtown confirm the story that doug scott brought footy boots and a pair of gloves (like gary ablett used to wear) to his first training session in november?
If Newtown has lost their midfield, gun full-forward and others also, they may be in for a long season if they have only replaced them with a CHB in Scott. Wouldn't think marquee CHBs would win clubs many games in the GFL; only negate opposition CHFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back