Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have picked up zane carroll from anglesea and some bloke from GDFL league dont know which club and i reckon if they kept there players and get other ruck man and a few good back man they will be fightin for that 5 spot on the ladder

zane carrol was a 2s player at bell park like 3 years ago and aint gettin younger. if thats the biggest name recruit it does not sound good. they werent far off the mark last year tho, the unluckiest team to ever miss finals i think.

zane carrol was a 2s player at bell park like 3 years ago and aint gettin younger. if thats the biggest name recruit it does not sound good. they werent far off the mark last year tho, the unluckiest team to ever miss finals i think.
Shouldn't have lost to the bottom side in the last round then.

hasnt signed but they have offered more than what bell park can. i'm sure he'd want to stay at as high a level as he can for as long as he can but if the offer is too good to refuse who could blame him. he would make a mess of the gdfl if he were to go.
Wouldn't surprise if he went to BPH. They are his original club and he may want to spend a season or two there before he retires. Also the easy option which would suit him down to the ground. Might kick 70 or 80 in the GDFL but will be a lot sorer every Sat night.

Heard on K-Rock this morning that Andy Viola's resigned as coach of Queenscliff due to work commitments.

Queenscliff are seriously in the poo now. I hear they are struggling for numbers.

And really why does a coach resign now for work reasons, surely he would have known earlier about that.

It is the classic front for being given the flick or quitting, neither of which would surprise me had occured.

grgic was at BPH training last night, announced to the players apparantly, but didnt train

that sucks for queenscliff, i dont know what going on down there...

Agree 100 percent tommahawk, if thats their main recruit (Carroll) they haven't got anything. As for you guys talking about Grgic, people have said the attraction to BPH (besides $) is that he likes to be a big fish in a small pond. I don't know him personally but that's what people at Bell Park are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unluckiest team ever? they seriously are the biggest under achievers ever in the history of the gfl. they always have talented juniors in the u/18's but none ever really develop. and remember they've only ever played in two final series. PRETENDERS.............

Finally something gone right for Queenscliff. Yesterday's Addy claiming they will receive huge funding for new Grandstand/rooms etc. Now they just need a coach and team to utilise it.

Agree 100 percent tommahawk, if thats their main recruit (Carroll) they haven't got anything. As for you guys talking about Grgic, people have said the attraction to BPH (besides $) is that he likes to be a big fish in a small pond. I don't know him personally but that's what people at Bell Park are saying.

brent grgic gave bell park every chance to match or get close to what bph were offering but they couldnt and it was just too good an opportunity for him to secure his own future. he left on fairly good terms and people understand the situation he was presented with. i wouldnt agree with the big fish thing, as i understand it he was reluctant to leave.

brent grgic gave bell park every chance to match or get close to what bph were offering but they couldnt and it was just too good an opportunity for him to secure his own future. he left on fairly good terms and people understand the situation he was presented with. i wouldnt agree with the big fish thing, as i understand it he was reluctant to leave.
Understand his position to a certain extent but it's a pity some players can't go out and make their own future happen and need to rely on local footy clubs to get their life in order. The amount of players who you try and recruit who ask for not only match payments but jobs as well is unbelieveable.

yes but can you tell us who they are throwing it to?

i know one player chris chubb who has played for north shore the last couple of years is on either 700 or 900 a game. depends on who you talk too. im led to believe it 900. but i cant see anyone getting paid that. also a couple of players from newcomb. dont know any names but i know they werent in last years premiership team are getting paid ok too.

i know one player chris chubb who has played for north shore the last couple of years is on either 700 or 900 a game. depends on who you talk too. im led to believe it 900. but i cant see anyone getting paid that. also a couple of players from newcomb. dont know any names but i know they werent in last years premiership team are getting paid ok too.
They must be desperate. Chubb would not be worth a third of that.

i wouldn't say a third, he's a quality player and very hard at it from what i have seen. he musnt be that bad, because what ive heard he had a very good reputation playing down back in the SANFL.
Still not worth $900 per game. Only the GFL elite would be up around that figure and he certainly would not be on the top shelf. GFL club would want to think long and hard before paying a backman $900 to start off with anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back