Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to say about Wicksy, he has personality, some would say he has two or three personalities. One on each shoulder, ohhh sorry they would be chips.:D He's still a bloody good individual footballer, does anyone know if he has a lot of injuries over the years, he is in good nick, keeps himself trimm, not sure how when he leans of the stop/go sign all day.

Hellboy, How is Roger Ramjet going as president of the panthers?
A couple more question for you Hellboy, not sure how long you have been around Marong but did Paul Mc Connachie from YC ever play or coach out at the Panthers?
What ever happened to Stan the treasurer from about 15 years ago?
There used to be a player 'rocket' that played out there from Ararat i think, wheres he now?
Is Teddy Rogers just a spectator these days, or what is his involvement.

Ramjet is already having a very positive impact in her role as El Presidente. I was playing when Conks was at the helm in 1992. Unfortunately we went through the season winless. Stan stills lives in Marong but has not had anything to do with the club for a long time now. 'Rocket' Rod Waddell is living in Bendigo; I catch up with him for a beer occasionally. He has lent a hand to Billy Grant up at Miti in recent years and still gets out to the footy on the odd occasion. Ted still stands on the hill drinking green cans. He is involved in our latest fund raising venture.

How are the panthers shaping up this year Hell Boy.

2008 looks like being a much better year Joe. The vibe around the place is pretty good. There's consistently 25-35 at training every night, Freddo has brought a varied and intense training regime with him. That said, there is still plenty of 'bonding' going on.

Recruiting has been solid and losses minimal. There are still a few new guys to put pen to paper that will certainly make a difference in the LVFL. Freddo has also had a word with your man Dug who I believe is weighing up his options.

What are the chances of seeing your good self back in the red, blue and gold Joe?

Hellboy I heard a rumor that there is achance that you may be signing Hayes from Elmore is this just some drunk bloke talking crap or are yo a chance. Amazing pickup if he signs on. Hows Freddo going enjoying the role, and another question mate where is ned now is e still over W.A.?

Lets have some reports on ground conditions, someone from every club, dont tell us how it looked when you drove past, tell us how it ACTUALLY is when you trained on it.
How is it underfoot, hard etc. How much grass cover you got? Lets get this thread pumping.

Hellboy I heard a rumor that there is achance that you may be signing Hayes from Elmore is this just some drunk bloke talking crap or are yo a chance. Amazing pickup if he signs on. Hows Freddo going enjoying the role, and another question mate where is ned now is e still over W.A.?

Hayes would be welcome addition, but unfortunately there is no truth to that rumour. I think Freddo would enjoy himself more if we can get 1 or 2 more top line players to put pen to paper. There may be another couple of additions this week. Ned is still in W.A. and I don't think has much intention of coming back any time soon.

Lets have some reports on ground conditions, someone from every club, dont tell us how it looked when you drove past, tell us how it ACTUALLY is when you trained on it.
How is it underfoot, hard etc. How much grass cover you got? Lets get this thread pumping.

Marong is typically pretty hard and dusty. The ground was aerated last week and will sprayed during the week. There is plenty of water available to all parts of the ground now. The grass coverage is ok for this time of year and with the weeds gone soon, should be in good shape come the start of the season. With the cricket club playing finals, the pitch can't be covered for at least another week but will be covered with turf not sand or seed. The goal squares are to be repaired meaning no more stones.

Marong is typically pretty hard and dusty. The ground was aerated last week and will sprayed during the week. There is plenty of water available to all parts of the ground now. The grass coverage is ok for this time of year and with the weeds gone soon, should be in good shape come the start of the season. With the cricket club playing finals, the pitch can't be covered for at least another week but will be covered with turf not sand or seed. The goal squares are to be repaired meaning no more stones.

good to hear Hellboy, i hope a few more clubs take a look at what your doing with your goal square, i am sick of the f***** gravel rash us forwards get when we get pumelled by the big fat full backs.:cool:

you may hate the drive to pyramid hill, but our oval is in great condition, thats just from the rain, no water been pump on it yet, so by start season should be even softer.

newbridge is in great condition. its not very hard at all and the grass is green and lush, best i have seen it for years!
plus when the bore is up and running the oval will be beautiful!
look forward to playing on it this year!! :thumbsu:

1. Mitiamo
2. Pyramid Hill
3. Calival
4. Bridgewater
5. Newbridge

Inglewood and Marong to fight out 6th and 7th. Miti should improve on last year, should play their best footy in the first couple of rounds with wiksy rubed out. Pyramid with another couple of signings in last couple of weeks. Paul Carmody back in the red blue and white in 08. Calival to start slowly but once again will be the benchmark come finals time.

Mitiamo and Calival will be my tip to play in the Grand Final. Bridgewater 3rd, Newbridge 4th and Pyramid/Marong/Serp fighting out for 5th. Inglewood and YCW not much chance to play finals.

Mitiamo and Calival will be my tip to play in the Grand Final. Bridgewater 3rd, Newbridge 4th and Pyramid/Marong/Serp fighting out for 5th. Inglewood and YCW not much chance to play finals.

Was at the gym today and two blokes were talking about YCW, seems they have just started training there and both played with the
Borough last year. Handy pick ups??? But still going to have a young and inexperienced team.

Anyone from YC on here who can tell us who has stayed from last years seniour list, rather than who has left!!! Not many on here rating the Eagles, let us know if we are underestimating you guys.

Also will Jake Concol be playing back with the Eagles again, and how many dimsims has the kid eaten over summer, nuggety little fella.

2008 looks like being a much better year Joe. The vibe around the place is pretty good. There's consistently 25-35 at training every night, Freddo has brought a varied and intense training regime with him. That said, there is still plenty of 'bonding' going on.

Recruiting has been solid and losses minimal. There are still a few new guys to put pen to paper that will certainly make a difference in the LVFL. Freddo has also had a word with your man Dug who I believe is weighing up his options.

What are the chances of seeing your good self back in the red, blue and gold Joe?

Well I reckon I've still got my old jumper packed away somewhere but I'm heading OS in about 3 weeks so I probably wouldn't be much use to the team. An intriguing thought though.

Old Dig Dug would be handy to throw down in the back pocket but I think that Freddo would be better off talking to his missus as although Dug wears the pants, she tells him which ones to put on. Touché.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to hear Hellboy, i hope a few more clubs take a look at what your doing with your goal square, i am sick of the f***** gravel rash us forwards get when we get pumelled by the big fat full backs.:cool:

That only happens to the lazy forwards who stand in the goal square waving their arms, waiting to cherry pick goals.

you may hate the drive to pyramid hill, but our oval is in great condition, thats just from the rain, no water been pump on it yet, so by start season should be even softer.

It has always been green but it's so spongy it feels like you're running in sand. UI hate that surface.

Was at the gym today and two blokes were talking about YCW, seems they have just started training there and both played with the
Borough last year. Handy pick ups??? But still going to have a young and inexperienced team.

Anyone from YC on here who can tell us who has stayed from last years seniour list, rather than who has left!!! Not many on here rating the Eagles, let us know if we are underestimating you guys.

Also will Jake Concol be playing back with the Eagles again, and how many dimsims has the kid eaten over summer, nuggety little fella.
The two players from Eaglehawk you are talking about both struggled to get a game in the reserves last year , assuming they are the two i'm thinking of but given a chance could improve at YCW

Well I reckon I've still got my old jumper packed away somewhere but I'm heading OS in about 3 weeks so I probably wouldn't be much use to the team. An intriguing thought though.

Old Dig Dug would be handy to throw down in the back pocket but I think that Freddo would be better off talking to his missus as although Dug wears the pants, she tells him which ones to put on. Touché.

I hear through the grapevine joe that you are keeping yourself in peek physical condition so on arrival from overseas you can suit up for a side ready to make a premiership assault, im sure marong would be interested in your rebound off defence as you were the former springboard setting up many attacks.
Dug Dalton would be putting his hand up for a wing as he is only required in the back pocket to combat the small power forwards such as gadsden, as he gave troy "chalky" Auld a bath in the bfl in that position, i believe auld is still having nightmares about that game

miti have a practice match against murrabit on the 15th at murrabit and have one against heathcote and elmore up at miti on next thursday night and the following

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back