Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the go with Marongs ground getting ripped up by some yobbo in his chariot, the netball courts have got a fair bit of rubber on them too apparently. Hope they caught him?

Without going in to too much detail, the idiot responsible is known and the issue in the hands of the police. Proving he did it is difficult. If the police can't do anything, there are plenty of pissed of footballers who are more than willing to 'fix it'.

Maybe your future is the nut house - Inglewood and Bridgewater are the last two teams on earth that would merge. The oldest and biggest rivalry in the league.

Im not having a crack at you Gunner, but unfortunately this is the ignorance shown by die hard supporter. Many clubs have folded because they were to pig headed to merge. Other clubs have decided to merge with another club ehich defies practicality.

An example of this is the Nullawil v Culgoa debate. These are 2 towns 17kms apart, very small communties, but a huge sporting rivalry. Unfortunately Culgoa went on the way side, and decided to merge with Berriwillock. Berri-Culgoa had some fantastic eras in the Mallee league, but unfortunately with the drought and dwindling population, the club merged again with sea-lake. These days Sea Lake- Nandaly-Berri-Culgoa, is just reffered to as Sea Lake and the fantastic Culgoa ground gets used 1 time during the year. In hindsite it with have being economically viable for Culgoa to Join Nully but because of ignorance and pig headiness, Culgoa as a town is getting smaller by the minute.

So sometimes towns need to nip things in the bud and listen to their head and not with their heart................

I think that's a bit harsh........."the President that walked".......work commitments didn't allow the President to do what was required...there are heaps of clubs with stuffed surfaces.....

Inglewood has a strong committee, netballers are performing well in all grades...they have good amenites...........and I'm unsure of their finances...

There's much more that determines the continuation of a club......much more than how the footballers are performing.

look i don't know the in's and out's of why he left, at the end of the day the majority of income generated through sponsorship and gate takings and ensuring a viable club is generated by the football club, if your football side is in the situation that Inglewood is in, it costs more to recruit players because it's harder to convince them to play for a struggling club. It's harder to get non inglewood supporters to the game because no one wants to go see a team get belted.

If you look at any of the clubs that have merged / folded / gone into recess the reason why is because of no success on the football field. It drives the entire club.

The post isn't about belting Inglewood about the ears, but if they believe the club is in good shape then i would hate to see a club in a bad state.

The post isn't about belting Inglewood about the ears, but if they believe the club is in good shape then i would hate to see a club in a bad state.

I call season 2004 being in a bad state. I call everything that has happened since then steady improvement. :thumbsu: There are a few clubs around the traps heading the opposite way.:thumbsdown:

IFC Forever :D

I call season 2004 being in a bad state. I call everything that has happened since then steady improvement. :thumbsu: There are a few clubs around the traps heading the opposite way.:thumbsdown:

IFC Forever :D

after it's all said and done the LVFL is a better league with Inglewood in it, because of their history and location in terms of the rest of the league. The eveness of the league however isn't because the weaker sides have become stronger but the stronger sides have become weaker.

after it's all said and done the LVFL is a better league with Inglewood in it, because of their history and location in terms of the rest of the league. The eveness of the league however isn't because the weaker sides have become stronger but the stronger sides have become weaker.

It has been a combination of the two.

Been a more exciting league over the last two years even if the standard of the best may have slipped.

I don't like weighing in on these arguments because no-one likes talking about losing a team from their competition - But if Inglewood weren't in existence, i can't imagine me ever thinking "Damn i wish Inglewood were still in the league, they were so well located and brought so much History to the league." The harsh reality is the Inglewoods, dunolly's and huntly's of the world will battle more and more until one day it gets too much for the community/committee/playing group that has been there for years and they will go into recess and fall off the face of the earth, this is an UNFORTUNATE REALISM of Footy. Fingers crossed the communities can prove me wrong, but if any 3 of those teams were around in 10yrs time it would be a miracle.

I don't like weighing in on these arguments because no-one likes talking about losing a team from their competition - But if Inglewood weren't in existence, i can't imagine me ever thinking "Damn i wish Inglewood were still in the league, they were so well located and brought so much History to the league." The harsh reality is the Inglewoods, dunolly's and huntly's of the world will battle more and more until one day it gets too much for the community/committee/playing group that has been there for years and they will go into recess and fall off the face of the earth, this is an UNFORTUNATE REALISM of Footy. Fingers crossed the communities can prove me wrong, but if any 3 of those teams were around in 10yrs time it would be a miracle.

i agree with what you are saying. It would be disappointing at the time they went under but your right 3 - 5 years later it would be like Korong Vale and Yarrawalla nothing but a memory.

The point is Inglewood has struggled less in the past 2 seasons. As a LVFL follower you probably should have picked up on that?

Don't pity Inglewood - Fear them - the 2018 premiers!:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pretty sure cluffy is a forward isnt he?? not to sure about huntly not being aroun in ten years. the area is growing by the year, so new opportunityies will present. not sure you can make a statement like that LVFL without knowing the internal structure at the club

Mate, Inglewood are about stuffed. Ground is stuffed, president lasted five minutes before he bolted and after an encouraging win first up they are getting belted again week after week. It's been happening for the past 5 years can't really expect it to survive if they keep battling like they have.

You can hate Bridgewater as much as you want, but it may come down to two choices, merge and have half a footy side to support or fold and let over 120 years of history become just that, history.

Give credit where it is due, they have improved the side, but the club as a whole is about stuffed. Can't get a thirds side together and they get flogged, the twos get flogged and the seniors are struggling as well. How long do you think they can last doing that?

Exactly I agree and is what I said about the future, the juniors are stuffed. Some people dont read before posting.

Also the coach is well hated and plays blokes in the team after training once or for half an hour here and there.

One particular player who stuck around during the hard times has been shafted big time and is now playing twos, and played most of his life for the club and spent time on the committee and lead the club.

my tips for this week
miti by 2 points
calivil by 4 goals
marong by 15 points
bridgy by a mallee mile

any reports yet from the first 5 rounds
any reports of shagging or scragging from the shelia's over at the nettie

my tips for this week
miti by 2 points
calivil by 4 goals
marong by 15 points
bridgy by a mallee mile

any reports yet from the first 5 rounds
any reports of shagging or scragging from the shelia's over at the nettie

my tips are:
pyramid by 12 pts
calivil by 70
marong
bridgy by 4 goals

My predicition is pain. Pain to the man who has to play on me. I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, no man can take what i got.

I'd like Bayliss and i to be known as the bash brothers from now on. I'm BB1 and he is BB2

What the hell has happened to Newbridge this year??? Someone explain this drop in form to me. I haven't been to one of their game this year yet and I can't believe their performance drop from last year.

Nice little win there for the blue baggers, seem to have the 'wood' over Bridgey with three wins in a row.

Not a lot of support from the tipsters?

Inglewood must be the dark horses for the finals I'd reckon. A bye then YCW, then 6 of the last 9 at home. (An ingenious ploy by the club to delay the conditioning of the ground to allow a good run home heading towards the finals)

Carn the Blues!

Nice little win there for the blue baggers, seem to have the 'wood' over Bridgey with three wins in a row.

Inglewood must be the dark horses for the finals I'd reckon. A bye then YCW, then 6 of the last 9 at home. (An ingenious ploy by the club to delay the conditioning of the ground to allow a good run home heading towards the finals)

Carn the Blues!

Will be a fantastic run home for Inglewood getting to play a large number of there remaining games at home..

Carn the Blues!

yeah well done too inglewood, im one of the tipsters that didnt tip them but happy too be wrong, good on them. hopefully this rain helps their ground. marong had a good win yesty, anyone see miti pyramid game mustve been a ripper

yeah well done too inglewood, im one of the tipsters that didnt tip them but happy too be wrong, good on them. hopefully this rain helps their ground. marong had a good win yesty, anyone see miti pyramid game mustve been a ripper

How even is the season... Apart from Pyramid and Serp. 4 points seperating everyone bar YCW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back