Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the loddon valley website:

"Reports: Daniel Holland No. 15 Newbridge reported for bumping or making forceful contact to an opponent from front on. (Contact made with Jayson Wilson No 3 Marong) Marc Waddington No. 5 Marong reported for engaging in rough conduct against an opponent which was unreasonable. (Contact made with Newbridge No 11 Todd Miller)"

The miti vs pyramid game was of pretty good standard in the wet. miti was leading by 6 goals at 3qtr time but pryamid came home strong. adrian alford was playing very well for pyramid before doing an injury. so far this year no one has been able to stop haythorpe. will be interesting to see how both haythorpe and eve go in the same team

What the hell has happened to Newbridge this year??? Someone explain this drop in form to me. I haven't been to one of their game this year yet and I can't believe their performance drop from last year.

Newbridge have the laziest forward line I have ever seen. On the weekend the ball would come streaming in through the middle and if a goal wasnt scored straight away it went straight back out. They rely on two old fat guys to mark and kick goals from the pocket - Easiest work I have seen for Marongs back line for a long time.

Straight from the loddon valley website:

"Reports: Daniel Holland No. 15 Newbridge reported for bumping or making forceful contact to an opponent from front on. (Contact made with Jayson Wilson No 3 Marong) Marc Waddington No. 5 Marong reported for engaging in rough conduct against an opponent which was unreasonable. (Contact made with Newbridge No 11 Todd Miller)"

Both these reports were for front on contact. No malice in it just clumsy football from both players. A few scuffles in the twos though - expected.

Exactly I agree and is what I said about the future, the juniors are stuffed. Some people dont read before posting.

Also the coach is well hated and plays blokes in the team after training once or for half an hour here and there.

One particular player who stuck around during the hard times has been shafted big time and is now playing twos, and played most of his life for the club and spent time on the committee and lead the club.

You must say Gday to CK

Re: Loddon Valley Football League Website

Have had a crack at sorting out a website for the league and clubs at the following URL after some interest in the local area.
Can be seen at http://loddonvalleyfootball.sportzvault.com/
Would be interested in any feedback - check the ResultsVault menu for match results and ladders from CountryFootyScores.

Not a bad effort richo..

hey heard a rumour that either inglewood or bridgy had 19 on field the other day and got penalised. i dont know much about it, is there any truth 2 it

And the score nesko finished at what, eight points the difference.
Only, only 2 goals, hmmmm. Interesting.

Inglewood 12.10 (82) vBridgewater 11.8 (74)

What happened to this league? Since when does Inglewood win a game? Its a crazy world...

And the score nesko finished at what, eight points the difference.
Only, only 2 goals, hmmmm. Interesting.

Inglewood 12.10 (82) vBridgewater 11.8 (74)

Sorry was on the phone to the missus when I was typing. Bridgey was done with 19 on the field and had their score st the time (2 goals) wiped from the score board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Eve is finally making his debut for the superoos! looks fit which is a good sign will be hard to stop. should be a good game marong against mitiamo!

Wayne Eve is finally making his debut for the superoos! looks fit which is a good sign will be hard to stop. should be a good game marong against mitiamo!

Not so sure about that. Miti seem to be getting close to full strength while Marong have lost another 3 play makers from last week in Craig Gadsden (groin), Jayson Wilson (neck), and Marc Waddington (suspension). Throw in Adam Rout and Jarryd Morehouse to that list of outs and Marong's depth will be tested. While far from using injuries as an excuse, when coming up against quality opposition these guys could make a significant difference to the result.

The article below is from todays Bendigo Addy............You have to wonder whether the votes were kept in a secure area....considering that QEO house has been broken into on 3 other occasions in the last 6 months......

BENDIGO'S sports world is reeling following the theft of league best and fairest vote cards from QEO House on Sunday night.
Vote cards from all rounds to date in this season's Bendigo Junior Football League and the Bendigo Netball League were stolen.
The last round of best and fairest vote cards from the Bendigo Senior Football League and the Loddon Valley Football League were also taken.
Central Victorian Football chief executive officer Steven Oliver said the theft was shocking.
"At this stage we just don't know what do to,'' he admitted.
Duplicate cards are never made, and there is no copy of players who received the umpires' votes.
QEO House has been broken into four times in the past six months.
Mr Oliver acknowledged additional security was on its way.
He has contacted the City of Greater Bendigo, which is working with the league to increase security.
Mr Oliver yesterday made a desperate plea for the sealed envelopes to be returned.
"Our job is to collate that information for all the volunteers in the area,'' he said.
"We are just asking for them to be returned.''
Bendigo Junior Football League secretary John Hewitt said the loss was immense.
With 23 clubs, 90 teams, 1700 players and about 36 matches played each weekend, the junior league faces an enormous challenge in determining how to fix the loss of almost 200 sets of voting cards.
Only the under 10s are not given votes.
"Obviously we'll have to try and consider what we might do,'' Mr Hewitt said.
"We can't go back to umpires because they won't be able to remember... it's really disappointing.''
The secretary said the league was faced with abandoning the best and fairest this year, or awarding the medal based on votes from the remainder of the season.
"That's obviously a really hard thing too for the players who have had good games in the matches already played,'' he said.
Mr Hewitt urged for the envelopes to be returned.
"Just please hand them back to some central point, with no questions asked,'' he said.
CVF operations manager Trevor Arnel said the sealed envelopes were in a drawer waiting to be entered into a spreadsheet.
"We're not sure why they took them, whether or not they thought there was money in them, but we really need them back,'' he said.
Anybody with information about the theft is urged to contact Bendigo police on 5448 1300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back