Long Sleeve Jumper - Like or dislike

Are you a fan of long sleeve jumpers?

• Yes

Votes: 60 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wells used to wear one. They look a bit strange on some players. I like them though.

There were several long sleeves playing for Carlton the other night. Unfortunately their namby pamby performance has done nothing to bust the modern stereotype that players who wear the long sleeves are soft. Somebody give the long sleeves to a real man like Shintaro before they become permanently lost to the game.

Like them, some clubs look funnier though, carltons looked like a skins top under a guernsey

And the clubs with strips like the cats can look odd, our red looks kinda funny, but if players want to wear them so be it.

I hear if you wear them you can get past 400 games

Plugger wore long sleeves at least once, dispels the soft theort

Tried them a couple of times in my playing days on freezing cold days. Couldn't wear them, used to overheat something fierce, no matter how cold it was.

Michael Tuck wore them in almost every game. Brad Hardie was another, although his were to cover his burns I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember an interview in the 90's and the player mentioned they wore them early in their career because they hated how skinny their arms looked in comparison to some of the big blokes. Not sure if other players have done this also.

I like them, but I'd blow away in a strong breeze, so it'd mostly be to cover up my very breakable arms :p

I sort of miss watching Hird float around the field doing whatever he liked in the long sleeves, appreciated seeing Deledio wearing them last weekend.

Looked good on Dawes.

Chris+Dawes+AFL+Rd+14+Melbourne+v+Western+biUK-MNsNLzl.jpg

Regular wearers for Port in the last 2 years are Hartlett, Gray, Monfries. Schulz also pulled one out this year. Primus use to wear one frequently. Tredrea wore one once when playing with the flu.

I like em alot.

I played in long sleeves but pushed up to the elbows. Just preferred to have something over my upper arms. I used to train in a Rugby top which had half sleeves.

I played in long sleeves but pushed up to the elbows. Just preferred to have something over my upper arms. I used to train in a Rugby top which had half sleeves.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion. Wore long sleeves when available for my team.

To wear myself I prefer the sleeves, not into singlets. It's good to keep the option open to all players.

I played in long sleeves for a similar reason, liked having something under/covering my underarms. Maybe I would feel different with a super tight AFL guernsey, but the loose fitting local ones didn't feel right to play in

I wear long sleeves regularly. no real reason I just like the way it looks.

Can't remember anyone wearing long sleeves in our current uniforms - maybe Koby Stevens once. Remember a few going long-sleeved with the robodog guernsey - Chris Grant on occasion, Kolnyiuk, Matty Croft. Those three would also dispel the "soft" tag.

I don't mind in general but the sweaty hairy armpit look is not a good one IMO.

If this was my team I wouldn't want this photo on my wall, it seems to subliminally activate my sense of smell.

Luke+Hodge+2013+AFL+Grand+Final+Hawthorn+v+SiLvrzwX-hil.jpg

I don't mind in general but the sweaty hairy armpit look is not a good one IMO.

If this was my team I wouldn't want this photo on my wall, it seems to subliminally activate my sense of smell.

Luke+Hodge+2013+AFL+Grand+Final+Hawthorn+v+SiLvrzwX-hil.jpg

Mate...you're a St. Kilda supporter.

You are never going to have one of these on your wall; sweaty armpits or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Long Sleeve Jumper - Like or dislike

Back