Look, Sydney will be okay..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"HB: Grundy, Roberts-Thomson, Irish Recruit"

That's how. Grundy in the back-line? Pffft. All he can do is take flashy marks! He turns the ball over afterwards everytime he takes a big mark anyway!
No such problems with Irish Recruit

Here's my Sydney team for 2011, a team that will rocket back into flag contention!

B: Smith (c), Bolton (c), Lake

HB: Grundy, Roberts-Thomson, Irish Recruit

C: Hannebery, Jack (c), Pick 6 (c)

HF: Johnston, Goodes (c), Pick 22

F: Vezspremi, White, Koschitzke

Followers: Jolly, McVeigh (c), Tom Mitchell (c)

Interchange from: Meredith, O'Keefe, O'Dwyer, Bird, Irish Recruit, 2010 first rounder, Malceski, Currie, Someone Pyke knows

(c) = Captain

Looking at that potential side, Sydney are in much worse trouble than I initially thought.

Lake, Koschitzke, Irish Recruit ? LOL.

Have the Swans actually ever tried to develop their own team from scratch rather than try and poach star players from other clubs? I know the preference of the AFL is for Sydney to win the premiership every year but they cannot rely on buying players from other clubs forever to try and remain competitive in the short term anyway.

Sydney need to focus on youth & draft picks - and plenty of them. Their premiership window closed at the end of 2007 and the current crop of experienced players who took them to that point have either gone or are nearing the end. Their youth hasn't shown enough to suggest they are going to be legitimate flag contenders for quite a few years yet, if ever, with this current group. Time to focus on the draft Sydney - and you will need to get this upcoming one right with the restrictions that will be in place next year. The warning bells are ringing.

Well if that really is the team for the future, then my concerns for Sydney are worser then I first thought.

And my concerns for your grammar are far worse than what i first thought too.

Im not gonna bother arguing cause it is so pointless on one of these threads. Why bother making a thread about this on the MB?

Thats 'Sanford' Wheeler, he changed his name to Mathew because he is sick and tired of all the public adulation. It looks like we are going to trade him to Freo for a set of imperial spanners and some pringles.....oh and something called a 'Pavlich'.

I think you'll find he was originally Matthew, then changed his name to Sanford.

I didn't derail the thread. He asked for people's opinion's on his team and I gave it. The OP still hasn't answered the question how a tanking team finished above this band of young superstars :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't derail the thread. He asked for people's opinion's on his team and I gave it. The OP still hasn't answered the question how a tanking team finished above this band of young superstars :D

I cannot answer that, I also cannot say whether or not West Coast was tanking. What I do know is that we're cherry ripe for 2011 but hopefully our steady rise will begin next year with us finishing somewhere from 6th to 10th.

Do you agree with this? If not, please elaborate.

Looking at that potential side, Sydney are in much worse trouble than I initially thought.

Lake, Koschitzke, Irish Recruit ? LOL.

Have the Swans actually ever tried to develop their own team from scratch rather than try and poach star players from other clubs? I know the preference of the AFL is for Sydney to win the premiership every year but they cannot rely on buying players from other clubs forever to try and remain competitive in the short term anyway.

Sydney need to focus on youth & draft picks - and plenty of them. Their premiership window closed at the end of 2007 and the current crop of experienced players who took them to that point have either gone or are nearing the end. Their youth hasn't shown enough to suggest they are going to be legitimate flag contenders for quite a few years yet, if ever, with this current group. Time to focus on the draft Sydney - and you will need to get this upcoming one right with the restrictions that will be in place next year. The warning bells are ringing.

This.

I'd like to see us trade everyone over 26/27, tbh. Our next premiership window doesn't open within the next four years.

pinkybrain.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back