Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

OC Lombardi got the axe. Hopefully we can bring in an OC that gets the most out of our talent, instead of trying to shoehorn them in to their system.

Probably buys Staley time.

Lombo wasn't great, but imagine making the OC a scapegoat when you give up a 27-0 lead after hamstringing him with a pointless Mike Williams injury the week prior. I thought the HC was supposed to be a defensive guru?

Lombo wasn't great, but imagine making the OC a scapegoat when you give up a 27-0 lead after hamstringing him with a pointless Mike Williams injury the week prior. I thought the HC was supposed to be a defensive guru?
Oh yeah, he's out of his depth. The hires/fires going forward will be interesting.

While not overly enthused about hiring Moore as OC, his record shows he has been somewhat productive as an OC despite his maligned status.

Some positives are he has always leaned on a solid running game and should find ways to get Ekeler (and Kelley) involved and, even with a banged up QB room in 2020, his passing offenses have always been in the top half of the league.

Hopefully Herbert will thrive and Prescotts troubles last season were more about Dak than Moore.

Let's hope this signing is a winner.

About time Don Coryell was elected to the Hall of Fame.

It's been looooooong overdue. He was more deserving than some recent coaching inductees given how much he helped shape the modern game.

Apparently a survey went out to season ticket holders recently and one of the questions was gauging interest in a Black uniform o_O
I can't see the point. The navy is just as effective as black.
No just no to black. Dont understand why teams want to have black versions wheb black isnt their color...like Niners or Cards etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another year starting off, will it be another year of disappointment? I’m over getting myself too pump for another Chargers year only to be gutted down the track. I’ll keep expectations measured this year.

Another year starting off, will it be another year of disappointment? I’m over getting myself too pump for another Chargers year only to be gutted down the track. I’ll keep expectations measured this year.
Not looking great so far. Still not sold on Staley. Spanos has fired coaches who've done more than this guy has.

Must win vs the Vikings this week. If we go to 0-3 , our next 3 games are Raiders, Cowboys, Chiefs.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some funny/scary stories that Belichick may be on the outs in New England and may end up with the Bolts.

No thanks.

I very much admire what he did at the Patriots. I think he's an amazing coach, but he had a lot of buy in from guys like Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, ... who drove that culture. His past few seasons should be an indicator of how much that culture has deteriorated, and a lot of that is his poor rostering decisions.

I hope it's all nothing but a bored media cycle.

That being said Staley needs to go :D

Wasn't surprised at recent results. The Ravens are a much better team and given West Coast teams usually struggle going East, re: the Packers loss. BUT we face another East coast game Vs the Patriots. We lose that and SURELY Staley gets the arse.

Hell even if we win, get rid of him, and Telesco too - we're wasting this roster and, I've said it before, Spanos has fired much more successful combos than these clowns.

Wasn't surprised at recent results. The Ravens are a much better team and given West Coast teams usually struggle going East, re: the Packers loss. BUT we face another East coast game Vs the Patriots. We lose that and SURELY Staley gets the arse.

Hell even if we win, get rid of him, and Telesco too - we're wasting this roster and, I've said it before, Spanos has fired much more successful combos than these clowns.
6-0 vs the Patriots is no ringing endorsment.

A loss vs the Broncos will make things interesting.

Either way, is Staley the guy to bring us to the promised land? No! So, let's cut him adrift.

6-0 vs the Patriots is no ringing endorsment.

A loss vs the Broncos will make things interesting.

Either way, is Staley the guy to bring us to the promised land? No! So, let's cut him adrift.

Staley's defense kept the Pats to 0 points. Hes turning things around. Give him one more year. :relaxed:

bc4511e1167e42f349363ed489d78f7b.gif

vfkgx.gif

Giving up 63 points, to a team that scored 0 the week before, had to be the death knell. A lot of records of ineptitude over the past 12 months and Staley, and Tedesco, had to go. I just thought we might wait until the end of the season.

The rumours of Belichick worry me. He's not the long term answer.

I just hope we nail the GM and coach signings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back