Lostprophets' Ian Watkins admits baby rape attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting, despicable behaviour. I hope the mothers get the media blowtorch as well.

On the art thing, it's a hard one to say. The timing of revelations and level of heinousness plays a role, no doubt, as well as the level of canon-ness involved. I am a fan of Roman Polanski's work, but he had already directed some great films, and had the sympathy of his wife's murder I guess. I also guess the supposed act was more culturally overlooked in earlier eras as well.

If it was found tomorrow that Elvis had seriously abused his daughter or something, I doubt his records would suddenly be banned. But if he did something to a baby, I'm sure his radio presence would die off quickly.

Having these incidents released now is definitely more damaging to The Lost Prophets than say a dubious claim in a biography 20 years down the track. I'm happy I've never really considered listening to them now.

That password is rather incriminating.

They sucked before, and they suck even more now. Admittedly, I've only ever heard one of their songs late on rage one night - something about rooftops (fiddler on the roof?). Pretty sure I had nightmares that night. Normal law abiding people don't wear gloves - dead giveaway something's up.

When he was first arrested i came across a website that was kind of like a celebrity gossip one where you rated the 'hotness' of different celebrities. Anyway, in the comments section for Ian Watkins people were alluding to his sexual behaviour a year or so before he was arrested. I'm just kind of miffed why no one complained and why it wasn;t acted upon earlier.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_74997/ian-watkins/comments

EDIT 2: Also, i feel sorry for the other Ian Watkins in the band STEPS, he has been apparently been receiving a lot of shit from the Twitter mobs launching a tirade towards him. Without trying to go off on too much of a tangent, i am so glad i deleted my account on that site. Pisses me off that people can openly accuse someone through a serious case of mistaken identity and not be held accountable. Because he would be feeling mortified.

It's weird but this story isn't really affecting me. I think because there's just no way my brain is comprehending it. At all. It just seems disconnected from the real world. I feel awful for the innocent parties involved (the children, police, lawyers, judges, court clerks etc) who have to go through all of this and hear things that are apparently even worse than what's being reported. But my brain just isn't comprehending it at all.

Whether that means I'm a really good person or a sociopath I'm not sure. Let's hope for the former.

The mothers of the kids are even more sick too... How the **** can they let that happen to their own babies?

And why can they not be named?

The mothers of the kids are even more sick too... How the **** can they let that happen to their own babies?

And why can they not be named?

They can't be named to protect the kids so that hopefully they'll grow up unaffected by this horrifying stuff. If the parents are named then the kids' names will be easily found and forever linked to this shit.

When he was first arrested i came across a website that was kind of like a celebrity gossip one where you rated the 'hotness' of different celebrities. Anyway, in the comments section for Ian Watkins people were alluding to his sexual behaviour a year or so before he was arrested. I'm just kind of miffed why no one complained and why it wasn;t acted upon earlier.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_74997/ian-watkins/comments

EDIT 2: Also, i feel sorry for the other Ian Watkins in the band STEPS, he has been apparently been receiving a lot of shit from the Twitter mobs launching a tirade towards him. Without trying to go off on too much of a tangent, i am so glad i deleted my account on that site. Pisses me off that people can openly accuse someone through a serious case of mistaken identity and not be held accountable. Because he would be feeling mortified.

I frequent a relatively big British music site, Drowned in Sound, and that site was linked maybe... 18 months ago. I thought it was true just because it was so batshit insane – maybe if it was a perpetuation of one story, I'd see it as impressionable anti-fans regurgitating the same thing. But it was this varied, equally dark stuff coming out. I don't doubt the thing about HIV at all, either. He seems a genuine masochist.

It's weird but this story isn't really affecting me. I think because there's just no way my brain is comprehending it. At all. It just seems disconnected from the real world. I feel awful for the innocent parties involved (the children, police, lawyers, judges, court clerks etc) who have to go through all of this and hear things that are apparently even worse than what's being reported. But my brain just isn't comprehending it at all.

Whether that means I'm a really good person or a sociopath I'm not sure. Let's hope for the former.
Maybe it's naivety and purity, I think I'm too critical and jaded for my age, but this is still too confronting and depraved to really get. It's easy to empathise but impossible to really... kind of... gauge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a fan of the band its difficult to want to listen to their stuff again and have to hear his voice. I read the band themslevs are devasted because it means the end of their band for good. The name LostProphets is mud through no fault of their own.

As a fan of the band its difficult to want to listen to their stuff again and have to hear his voice. I read the band themslevs are devasted because it means the end of their band for good. The name LostProphets is mud through no fault of their own.

Didn't they decide to just split up a month or 2 ago?

Has anybody actually heard their tunes? I did a quick Youtube out of curiosity before and they certainly sound like one of those vanilla lamestream faux rock bands of the early 00's.

Should well and truly be charged with crimes against music as well as crimes against babies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lostprophets' Ian Watkins admits baby rape attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back