Lou Richards... We love you

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Dyer and Lou Richards on WOS back in the day were awesome.

I bloody wish they'd release the best episodes of League Teams on DVD - I keep hearing about how funny Dyer, Louie and Bobby Davis were, but I've not actually seen it.

Apart from some reunion skit the three did for the AFL Centenary, which was kinda crap.

I find him funny sometimes, he's an ornament to our game. I think it's great he still gets on the tele. He'd probably be an cranky old bastard if you met him though.

Yeah Ive met him Jack Dyer, Bob Skilton,Bob Davis,Bill Collins,Uncle Doug and Ron Casey a few times in the past at private functions and Lou isnt the person you see on TV not that funny at all - the best two to meet and chat to away from footy were Dyer and Skilton the worst and hardest to hold a conversation with was Ron Casey.

What a ****ing legend!

He's still funnier and smarter then Sam Newman and Co. Anyone that heard his speech last night would agree. I absolutely love him!

Anyone giving him shit is proof that people on bigfooty will bitch about anything.

Well said Butane. I met him many years ago when I was a kid and he spent 3 or 4 minutes talking to everyone. Legendary bloke. I doubt todays media 'stars' wouldn't have the same time for the next generation of young fans.

It says a lot that an ex-Collingwood player is one of the most loved football personalities. That's a lot of hate for people to overcome. I have a lot of time for Lou. I don't recall him ever being part of the vulture culture that has often formed around football.

Is there anybody else more loved in the football community more than Lou???

Forever the perennial joker Lou always seems to make us smile and laugh...

Well deserved honour in being Inducted into the Sport Australian Hall of Fame :thumbsu::)

Personally i cant stand him. I hate people that laugh at their own jokes.

Personally i cant stand him. I hate people that laugh at their own jokes.

Oh get over yourself tossa!!!!

He's 84 FFS and is a true legend of the game.

Extremely sad to see his decline but I believe that his 5 minute section on the Sunday footy show is what is keeping him going.

Good on ya Lou!!! :thumbsu::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lou is a legend.
So what if he is getting on in years. One football personality that has always had widespread popularity and a real nice bloke as well on the one occassion that I met him.
Long live legend Lou.

there are some total tossers in this post :mad:

the man is 84 FFS!!!!

With all the totally unfunny people gracing our TV screens he does pretty well and is miles in front of some people who being funny is meant to be their living.

BF, always proves society is full of disrespectful w***ers.

Notice quite a few of the knockers are non-victorian. As a non-victorian this is disappointing.

show a little respect.

there are some total tossers in this post :mad:

the man is 84 FFS!!!!

With all the totally unfunny people gracing our TV screens he does pretty well and is miles in front of some people who being funny is meant to be their living.

BF, always proves society is full of disrespectful w***ers.

Notice quite a few of the knockers are non-victorian. As a non-victorian this is disappointing.

show a little respect.
I guess those people hold their grandfather's in the same respect

i love lou and still pulls out a few rippers at 84

Lou: Im a big fan of his (talking to richo)
Richo: Im a big fan of yours too Lou
Lou: Well thats nice but you dont need to be because ive got plenty of them

I grew up with Louie on League Teams, World of Sport, Lou's 'Kiss of Death' in the Herald Sun, now with Ch 9, and people tend to forget that he was a fantastic football comentator on Ch 7 - funny, interesting, accurate & unbiased.

Long live Lou Richards.

Is there anybody else more loved in the football community more than Lou???

Forever the perennial joker Lou always seems to make us smile and laugh...

Well deserved honour in being Inducted into the Sport Australian Hall of Fame :thumbsu::)

Greatest Footy Commentator ever...

who was the player he bagged about his name on the Sunday footy show and the guy said "you bagged me about my name the last time i was on Lou". Was asking what was wrong with his parents.

LOL :D

Kade Simpson I believe.

Lou is bloody great on TSFS, better than Tony Jones anyday

Remove this Banner Ad

Lou Richards... We love you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back