Loud!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

King Snake Roost, Sydney Trade Union Club, Level 2, New Years Eve '87/'88.

My ears have never been subjected to anything so loud in all my life. If anyone here is familiar with Charlie Tolnay's guitar sound (Leaping Lindner, i'm looking at you ;) ) you'll understand what i'm talking about. The noise he made that night literally caused me to lose balance several times.

King Snake Roost, Sydney Trade Union Club, Level 2, New Years Eve '87/'88.

My ears have never been subjected to anything so loud in all my life. If anyone here is familiar with Charlie Tolnay's guitar sound (Leaping Lindner, i'm looking at you ;) ) you'll understand what i'm talking about. The noise he made that night literally caused me to lose balance several times.

Very good!;) I actually never saw King Snake Roost but saw Grong Grong a couple of times........WHAT? WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!:p

I have been reading Neil Young's book "Shakey" where a metal fan described a Young show in the late 80's as the loudest he has ever experienced in his many loud rock experiences.

Rollins Band, Mark of Cain & Warped had a pretty load gig at the Palace - I remember being disappointed at the mix for Mark of Cain, too much guitar not enough rythym section. Deftones at the Palace were loud too - again a shytty mix.

Loudest would the Warped 7 nights of sin at the Nth Melb Townhall (my favourite pub) - basically a room smaller than your average living room, Marshall stack for each axe, to walk from one side to the other you had to walk between the guitarists & the drums.
It was the only gig I've ever been to where ear plugs were handed out free before the gig started.

Alice In Chains/Suicidal Tendencies at The Palace in 93 was way freakin' up there.

But the loudest I've ever heard was I Spit On Your Gravy at the POW sometime around 88. I reckon they did it that loud just for a hoot, rather than for any real musical justification. I swear there would have been dogs in Brisbane that heard that gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Loud!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back