Toast Luke Ball Address to Players After Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked fantastic to Ball giving the an Address and they where all there Listening to his Every Word. That Had Captain written all over it.

Does anyone know what he said?

Does anyone know what he said?
I'm guessing something like "Swanny, Trav, come with me, the rest of you, **** off".:p

Seriously though, I think that's a great sign that Ball feels comfortable as leader to pull the team aside after a poor performance like that.

Expect us to thump Freo now we are finished screwing with our lineup.

Whoever made the call at quarter time to pull all the boys in before going to MM was a good move. I thought it showed alot of professionalism among the players. Would have loved to be a fly on ones shoulder during that time.

If was I being entirely honest, I'd probably rather have Bally as Captain over Pendles and perhaps even Maxwell at this point. He's a leader of men (just ask the AFLPA), with obviously a strong bond with the playing group. He just oozes class, and apparently has an unrivalled work ethic in training.

Inarguably the greatest Collingwood trade (theft) for as long as I can recall.

I didnt like it..
I thought it was out of line..
It looked to me like a cheap play at the captaincy while maxwell was out.
If he had thought this was so necessary he should have had a word to pendles and let him do the talking..

I didnt like it..
If he had thought this was so necessary he should have had a word to pendles and let him do the talking..

Exchange the word "Brad" for "Eat" in your username and go do it! :thumbsu:

Hope he spoke some honest truths, something along the line of "that last quarter display was absolutely insipid". I was absolutely appalled by that last quarter. Was probably the only time I have ever contemplated leaving a game early (never done it in my life).

Happy we got the win but I have never seen a selfish quarter like that from the Collingwood Football Club. Everyone just wanted to get their stats up and gave up on the hard ball. Disgusting. Deliver a message FFS!

Carry that attitude into finals and we're f*****!

I didnt like it..

Really? Luke Ball making a cheap play, have you seen the guy over the last 2 years? Most humble respectful player currently pulling on the boots if you ask me. A guy that still speaks respectfully about that scum of a team that pi$$ed him off but yet he makes a play for the Captaincy. :rolleyes:

Shows why we are #1 IMO, that someone of his ilk, yet new to the team can pull them aside and do what needs to be done. Did players start showing him any disrespect....doubt it very much.

If Pendles was not such an obvious choice for Captain I would have no issue with Ball having it (if it was not given to Nick again next year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If was I being entirely honest, I'd probably rather have Bally as Captain over Pendles and perhaps even Maxwell at this point. He's a leader of men (just ask the AFLPA), with obviously a strong bond with the playing group. He just oozes class, and apparently has an unrivalled work ethic in training.

Inarguably the greatest Collingwood trade (theft) for as long as I can recall.

Without a doubt. Ball has been a sensational pickup.

Bally is a super star, would be a worthy captain at the pies. He is in the leadership group so he has every right to speak to the players if he isn't happy with something he see's. Pendles said Bally wasn't happy that we let Bribane kick 7 goals in the last quarter and that we need to be focused for 4 quarters. To say he's having a cheap shot at the captaincy is the dumbest thing l have read on this board.

I didnt like it..

Exchange the word "Brad" for "Eat" in your username and go do it! :thumbsu:

lol nailed it with the reply. :thumbsu:

I didnt like it..

Ball has adressed the playing group even when Maxwell has been in the side so has Pendles and Jolly....

It's called a leadership group for a reason, Maxwell isn't the only "leader" at the club and if he was we would be in trouble.

Btw I'd back Bally in as a captain everyday of the week as he leads by actions and his words, great player and leader of our club.

Where is this footage? Was it at the end of Channel 10 coverage? I was at the game so must havemissed it

I didnt like it..

Bally is the most selfless player in the side. He and Pendles talked before that huddle. No doubt they would have spoken about who was going to speak. It was the highlight of my night. Bally is a great leader.

Seriously.

Jolly was on the Sunday Footy Show this morning, said that Ball basically said that "it's good to get the 4 points, but any other team would have smashed us in the 4th".

Jolly was on the Sunday Footy Show this morning, said that Ball basically said that "it's good to get the 4 points, but any other team would have smashed us in the 4th".

Now watch the Monday papers lead out with "Pie Midfielder disrespects Lions" :rolleyes:

I loved it

To me Luke Ball has passion and integrity tattooed into his pores.

Natural Leader of men,

This year I have to admit I have developed a fair old man crush on the lad, he's inspiring that is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back