Toast Luke Ball Address to Players After Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not the twilight zone mate..
try
Scott Pendlebury the obvious choice apart from Bally
Dane Swan Not vocal enough and the public and media would go into meltdown if he was appointed
Dale Thomas has to sign the contract first and doesn't strike me as a leader
Harry O'brien won't have the time to combine saving the world and feeding the starving children with a captaincy
Heath Shaw ;) would be an ideal choice if it wasn't for his indiscretions
Travis Cloke would be my third preference behind Pendles/Bally
Reid, too young and needs to earn his stripes
Tooves. lol no, have you ever heard him speak?
all to me have dibs on it before Bally..
then new blood like Dawes, Wellers, Sidey will all be megastars by the next time the captaincy is up for grabs.
The Captaincy might be up for grabs sooner than you think so we might not be able to wait for the likes of Dawes and Rusty to mature.
No offense but I'm not sure you quite have a grasp of Captaincy credentials, I would love for Pendles to have it but make no mistake, Bally isn't far behind.

Laughable GBD. Happy to have a different view, but to talk Bally down liek that is troll like behaviour IMO.

I'll say it again, it's sometimes better to say no more and let people think you're a fool than to say more and confirm it.

Well GBD, I could not disagree more. I thought what Ball did by addressing the group was FANTASTIC. In fact, right now I think he'd make a better captain than Pendlebury.

He hasn't been around very long but he seriously has captian written all over him, what a man, what a leader. Would be honoured to have Luke Ball as captain one day, what a difference he has made.

spoke to someone near by, he said it was along the lines of "the worst feeling I've ever had was in 2009 when St. Kilda failed in the Grand Final because they got ahead of themselves"

not the twilight zone mate..
try
Scott Pendlebury
Dane Swan
Dale Thomas
Harry O'brien
Heath Shaw ;)
Travis Cloke
Reid,
Tooves.
all to me have dibs on it before Bally..
then new blood like Dawes, Wellers, Sidey will all be megastars by the next time the captaincy is up for grabs.

You're a shocking judge.
I mean for starters you rate Brad Dick, then you don't rate Luke Ball ahead of a host of players.

Have a look at what Luke Ball has done, no one works harder on himself than Ball, he went from good young player, to AA then his body started to play up, at his new club he has led by his actions.
Read what Pendles said last week, First in last out. The coaches want all young rookies to follow Ball.
He speaks very well, he's one of the smartest footballers you'll ever meet and he was more than graceful when he left St. Kilda even after that club still has a go at what sort of person he was.

If you ever talk to players at the club who they respect the most, just about every player would say Luke Ball.

I would dare say, after his playing days he'll go into coaching and be very good at that as well.

I would dare say, after his playing days he'll go into coaching and be very good at that as well.

I would've said he'd be more inclined to go into administration, but moot point. :)

GBD - you're doing a great job at stirring up and keeping this thread popular. You don't work for the Herald by any chance?

yea these cheap shots are real funny..
perhaps some of you should learn from some of the 'class' and 'integrity' of this 'gentleman' Luke Ball before you go insulting fellow supporters on the board with an opinion different to your own.
Regardless I think a few people here are being a bit naive.. it was after the game was over, while cameras are still rolling, with the captain away and heading down to the rooms where there will be a debrief anyway, in private. It wasn't to anyones benefit and I doubt any of the senior players would have thought it was necessary.
Luke ball is a great player and he's been good for Collingwood, but plays like this are him getting ahead of himself and he should have stood back and let Pendles address as acting captain.
Have a listen to Pendles interview last week, when asked about the captaincy he said he was just there to support maxy.. that where Luke Ball should have been.. just there to support Pendles as acting captain, not trying to do his job.
And as for calling for him to be made captain.. oh please he's great but he still a St Kilda player in a Collingwood jumper, give him a few more years to get that stain out before entertaining ideas like this.. so many guys ahead of him in line for the captaincy.

thought it was a bit harsh at first.. but now i agree. go eat a dick

I didnt like it..
I thought it was out of line..
It looked to me like a cheap play at the captaincy while maxwell was out.
If he had thought this was so necessary he should have had a word to pendles and let him do the talking..

lol troll is a troll

Well GBD, I could not disagree more. I thought what Ball did by addressing the group was FANTASTIC. In fact, right now I think he'd make a better captain than Pendlebury.

you got sucked in.

As the saying goes, sometimes it's best to say nothing and let people think you're one.

get the quote right cos you sound like a fool yourself otherwise.

The Captaincy might be up for grabs sooner than you think so we might not be able to wait for the likes of Dawes and Rusty to mature.
No offense but I'm not sure you quite have a grasp of Captaincy credentials, I would love for Pendles to have it but make no mistake, Bally isn't far behind.

I prefer Collingwood players to captain the club over StKilda ones. Perhaps its you who doesnt have a grasp of captaincy credentials.

do you go for collingwood or st kilda ?

comic genius you are.

Laughable GBD. Happy to have a different view, but to talk Bally down liek that is troll like behaviour IMO.

I'll say it again, it's sometimes better to say no more and let people think you're a fool than to say more and confirm it.
look mate let me help you out a bit so you don't keep makin a fool of yourself.. the saying goes like this.."It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

or try this one: "Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them"

perhaps you should make like a tree and get outa here.

GBD - you're doing a great job at stirring up and keeping this thread popular. You don't work for the Herald by any chance?

another friggin comic genious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer Collingwood players to captain the club over StKilda ones. Perhaps its you who doesnt have a grasp of captaincy credentials.

Oh... so is that why you brought up some random names based entirely on talent and some youngsters who are years away from even being considered for a leadership group???

Give up son, if you aren't trolling you aren't exactly well equipped to hold this conversation.

Genius

There is no O in genius

All these posts proves is that you are certainly not a genius:thumbsu:

we established that the first time..
but mate thanks for such a solid analysis and spelling that out so we could all understand.

why would you be little any collingwood player, especially someone that done so much too get to the club ?. too be honest i think bally would be a very good captain at this club and too say there are heaps of people in front of him is a load of shit, the only one at this current minute would be pendles and he is closing in very quickly.

GBD, surely you are going to get to the point soon that:
"nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realise you are wrong"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back