Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball was great yesterday. Crap thread.
15 touches in 87% time on ground raises a legitimate query about him IMO - and not just from this game but across the whole season.

Game looks to have passed Luke by, and the club making his sub the other week is a sign that coaches are contemplating his future.

This is where we seem to have dropped the ball, so to speak. We started the season with the right intention - a cleanout of dead wood, backing in two developing rucks, a host of young guns ready to step up in AFL and a revitalised culture.

Unfortunately, a couple of the wins that we didn't perhaps expect seem to have deluded Bucks and co. into thinking we are some sort of premiership chance instead of a developing team in transition.

Hence, guys like Adams, Kennedy, Broomhead, Thomas and Martin have been denied opportunity (to the detriment of their confidence in the cases of Adams, Thomas and Kennedy) while persisting with players such as Ball and Blair (who won't be part of our next premiership) for the short-term gain of a few wins, which will at best land us somewhere in mid-table.

I'd love to see our best young blokes rewarded with extended opportunities (stop the in, out, sub routine) and am happy to cop a short-term loss or two along the way to getting these guys to the 40-50 game mark.

I am not so sure about the 'seamless' part there Dave. The seams are fairly evident and the stitching looks very rough.

Well, to some Adams is a Dud.

He plays very Similar to Ball

I think he's near to the end but when he got in the middle he was super, so while I agree with the prognosis, it is certainly not on the back of yesterday's effort in the middle.

We have to transition, hence he went forward to give time to Adams and Thomas, but he delivered terrifically well yesterday in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back